Is it considered racist to mount your country's flag on your house in your country?

Is it considered racist to mount your country's flag on your house in your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

politica.elpais.com/politica/2014/06/18/actualidad/1403101903_123341.html
elperiodico.com/es/noticias/barca/futbol-copa-del-rey-seguridad-estelades-prohibicion-5140006
twitter.com/AnonBabble

racist not but people will think you are weird

This.

i guess nationalism is pretty weird after that whole hitler fiasco

This

lol no

No, but it is usually done for national holidays, weddings and when you built a new house then people put the flag on it.

this

and there are more than enough leftist people who feel uncomfortable at seeing the flag at national holidays
ffs

My American flag has a rip in in so I took it down and gave it to the local legion to be properly disposed. Until then I'm flying the Michigan flag

the belgian flag is allowed
the flemish flag and you're a fascist

actually, it's illegal and this

Not really

but you are seen as a far right voter

No, but it's unusual
And, who would get triggered by a paraguayan flag?

English yes (when it's not the world cup), British no

Still fly one anyway though. I'm a bit of a lad like that.

I knew a girl from Chile who had the Chilean flag on her boat. Why is it illegal?

People will think you are lower class and tacky

isn't far right considered racist in western europe?

I know an American who hang his shit flag on his house everyday.

>mfw like 25% of my 100% white gated neighborhood waves the US flag year round

feels fucking good man

consider yourself lucky to be in the prescense of unyielding patriotism, it's a dying breed

>people will think you are weird

Brazilians generally do this.

This is considered retarded in your country?

It's considered racist if you DON'T have one. I've even seen houses that go all the way and installed a flag pole with a huge american flag fluttering in the breeze

Except he lives in Canada.

Even the minorities in my town have American flags

My high school algebra teacher was a Canadian and he had a Canadian flag on his desk.

No one gave a shit. Stop making patriotism taboo you dumb iPhrog poster.

No, but proper Canadians fly Union Jacks and Red Ensigns rather than liberal leaf """""""flags"""""""

PS deport the french

No, it's considered a manifest of nationalism and zionism which are both seen as positive things by the vast majority here.

(zionism is generally considered the love of the country, but in a different sense to nationalism, it is more like an affection to the concept of having a Jewish country in the Hebrew lands)

In independence day, 99% of the Jewish (non-extremist) population bind flags to their houses and many people also put flags on their vehicles.

It's also common here

We have a bit of flags hanging out here in France after Charlie and the Bataclan, but before it was considered weird.

Having another flag hanging out (preferably not a MENA one, tho) is considered hype. Don't really know why.

Europe got cucked HARD out of waving their own country's flag. How fucking sad is that
It's literally more acceptable to fly a Turkish flag, a Kurdish flag, or the fucking black shahada in Germany than the German flag

Wait, mounting a flag is discouraged in Euroland? It's not even a big deal here. People do it because it looks nice.

only experience i ever had with a jew was on runescape when i was trying to figure what this retard was saying (he was using numbers for yiddish) and i said shalom to him and he called me some very unpleasant things

maybe he was palestinian

We have style here.

is bad as fuck they will threaten you and call you fascust/ francoist/nazi etc; while its ok waving the urss flag or separatists ones

more like people put them up in yom haazmaut and just leave them there

What about Arab Muslim households?

Lmao do you live in some abertzale neighbourhood or what? A lot of people have spanish flags in my region.

Since the independentist movement gained strength a few years ago, there are independentist flags in the balconies of nearly every building in Barcelona

I have a flag on my wall in my living room and a flag hanging from my window.

I think the flag here is more of a political statement than a racist one, basically telling john key to get fucked and support for historical ties to the empire

>En el caso de la policía, los agentes impedirán exhibir banderas u otros símbolos republicanos en el recorrido que realizarán el nuevo rey Felipe VI y su esposa por el centro de Madrid y sus alrededores. El argumento es que puede suponer una provocación hacia las personas que sigan el desfile.
politica.elpais.com/politica/2014/06/18/actualidad/1403101903_123341.html

I dont know why, but those tiny car flags seem very humorous.

john key can actually get fucked

am i the only one that actually likes the tramp stamp?
i think it's pretty important to remember we're basically shit brits

No way.
In some places people may prefer you to mount your region's flag tho.
Also it's pretty rare to see pole mounted flags, we usually append them out of windows like pic related.

During national hollidays, some people, say 20-30% mount flags at their balconies/homes.
I don't personally do it but I think it's OK.

Having a flag right outside your home for no reason all year round? Sounds a bit retarded.
Some "patriots" (aka right wing morons) fly flags nearly all year round, but that's just an expression of their retardation.

I definitely saw more Venetian flags than Italian ones when I was in Venice.

elperiodico.com/es/noticias/barca/futbol-copa-del-rey-seguridad-estelades-prohibicion-5140006

You speak the truth, may a half of your national debt be forgiven.

Not like you'll pay it anyways but yeah, cheers.

You also all carry them around disneyworld

Indeed Veneto and Sardinia are the two places I was referring to.

>People do it because it looks nice.
Things are a bit exaggerated ITT, at least for the Netherlands. In middle and upper class neighborhoods you'll find these pennants in roughly every other garden, and most smaller commercial enterprises do fly a dutch flag.

>Europeans will go to prison for waving their country's flag

C M T S U
M
T
S
U

You're trying too hard

No especially most people hang flags from balconies and stuff on national days. And we have lots of national days so it's normal

Anyone have the video of merkel getting disgusted by the german flag?

i will go with these flags

ur full of shit and te gusta el pico wena wn qlo wn y wea

I know. I have been to Germany

lmao no

why exactly hasn't someone killed her yet??

i mean surely someone with a rifle can put a bullet in her ugly head
someone disgusted by there own flag is clearly mentally unfit

Swede living in Norway here.

In Sweden it's often frowned upon to flag, but many upper class people do flag. In Norway I see flags everywhere on all weekdays. And two days ago they had their constitution day and the amount of norwegian flags was ridiculous (imagine 99/100 norwegian person waving small norwegian flags in their hands, and all flag poles too). I wish Sweden would have the same national pride, but then again we are the center of political correctness.

you never see this in a black or mexican neighborhood

What's wrong with a piece of fabric? It looks nice on a porch, waving in the wind on a bright sunny day. I think it fits well.

one of them was me

huaehusae

Well, being realistic, killing the head of state and starting a revolution will only end up fucking your country up. You can't imagine how nasty fights for power can get.

If you are gonna do a coup, you have to decisively seize power and get an the army and an absolute majority behind you to avoid civil conflicts.

t. country that lived through centuries of civil wars.

Funny that they're flying slavshit flags considering that Crimea belongs to Tatars and should be given back to them

R*ssians and Ukr*inians need to get the fuck out of other peoples' territory

>yfw waving flags and listening to anthems before sports games is literally all that will ever tie American "patriotism" together
>yfw they will nevertheless remain a loud and flashy but ultimately faceless mix of nationalities and ethnicities as long as they remain an immigration country

>be Chicagoan
>have the largest population of Polacks outside of Warsaw
>like 5 Polish families living in my apartment complex alone
>hang imperial German empire flag out my window
>mfw dirty looks from all my neighbors
>as I was walking downstairs the other day, see some Polish lady crying and pointing at my flag
>mfw absolutely nothing they can do about it because I don't live in freedomless Europe

Feels great mate

Tatars are Mongol invaders. Shut your stupid mouth Canadian retard when you obviously know nothing.

Nope
Nobody gives a shit
Only faggots aren't patriots

but why?
is like havng a picture of yourself in your bedroom
la tercera para la obrera!

>>yfw they will nevertheless remain a loud and flashy but ultimately faceless mix of nationalities and ethnicities as long as they remain an immigration country

also regional flags are neat

And Canada belongs to natives.
Anglos gtfo

Well I get your point, but i don't think a large european power like germany quite equates to columbia
I doubt there would really be any power vacuum
Just another election and hopefully somebody that doesn't hate there own country

Either way at least the heads of state in your country are patriotic, right?

Tatars are the descendants of the original inhabitants of Central Asia. As an Aboriginal Canadian I must stand with my oppressed indigenous brothers and sisters

>Tatars are the descendants of the original inhabitants of Central Asia.
Crimea is not in central asia you retard.

For the United States, of course not. Although a fair number of citizens get triggered when a foreign flag is raised. Also if you raise a Confederate flag you're either an idiot or a racist.

I am a native, you don't even life in an independent country

Not really. If it's on a flagpole it means that you're (1) old, middle class and most likely monarchist, or (2) the local member of parliament. If it's in a window then it's the week after straya day and you haven't taken it down from your window because you're still paralytic from your hottest 100 party

Do you?
>inb4 Canada can do something without USA

But in America there are French flags downtown just flying because there are French cafés, but the people who run them don't seem far right :(

France why do you hate yourself?

It is politically and historically. You'll notice that Kazakhstan is full of Tatars for instance (also R*ssians need to get out of Kazakhstan as well)

I dont know many Turks from Germany but most people who immigrated to Germany were peasant class so they are naturally nationalist people. Actually in 1960s 90% of the Turkey was made up of peasants so it must be true

They're everywhere but in people's homes because they would get bricked. You can hardly go past a lampost without seeing a union jack or red hand of ulster.
t. norn iron

No, it is not. Historically it has been part of Greek, Gothic, Mongol, Turkish, Tatar and Russian spheres. Kazakhstan is full of Kazakhs. Tatars like in Russian Tatarstan.

Just shut your dumb mouth.

>I doubt there would really be any power vacuum
Maybe, but take into account that if merkel is still in office it's because she has lots of allies and a majority still approves of her.
Yeah, you killed her, then what? Her party is still in power, they still have their seats in the parliament, they still have the army, they still have popular support. The power will remain in the hands of her people, and they will keep following her same steps.

>Just another election and hopefully somebody that doesn't hate there own country
There's the problem, representative democracy it's just a vicious circle of dictatorships where you're supposed to vote for the less crooked of the candidates.
How can you expect fairness in a game with rigged rules?

well, no one will stop you

>I proudly wave my American flag in my front lawn, and there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it
>A German gets raped by refugees, and reports it to the police. Then said German gets sent to prison for racism and religious insensitivity

No but you would be committing a crime.

lol it was just a joke bro settle down

Outside of the world cup it's seen as weird not racist. It's okay if it's on your car tho. I even know a paki who had the English flag on his car.

If I lived in the US I'd fly a Confederate flag just to piss off leftists.

Brother, could you politely inform him that a Muslim should not be using a kuffari flag named after a Christian saint. It sets a bad example for other members of the Ummah.

Yes except if it's during the world cup.

Regional flags are common in regions like Corsica, Britanny, Basque country and Occitania though.

No you wouldn't

But even the gays in your country are patriots

Fucking fascist Nazi.

Nope, many households will wave it during National holidays or after hearing too many military casualties against PKK