Why does everyone on this board like gentoo so much?

why does everyone on this board like gentoo so much?

We don't use it, we just install it.

I don't even installed it, but I keep telling people to install gentoo. Even outside Sup Forums.

get that 3DPF off Sup Forums, fucking normie.

cute is cute regardless of dimension

its pretty good but not sure if anyone else would have a reason to use it

3DPD smells. Fuck off normie!

REEEEEEEE

Go to plebbit you shithead.

USE flags are pretty amazing.

i don't personally use it anymore, but it's source based so you could, if you wanted to, patch any package pretty quickly, compile it and integrate it.
and you don't have to run around random websites pulling in tarballs, you just pull from emerge
there are a lot of cool things about it, and i'm sure compile times aren't even that bad anymore with modern CPUs.

It's a meme you dip. Also ricing

also want to add, compared to say arch, which shares a lot of minimalist approaches, I think gentoo has a lot nicer and modern default configurations for most packages, whereas arch just keeps a lot of upstream defaults that are trashy.

I'm writing this on Gentoo.
I use it daily.
And I love it!

I love to tinker with my computer and there's nothing better than Gentoo for that.
I also like that it's rolling and generally very stable imo.
You can upgrade or downgrade packages if a package gives you problems.
That's not as easy in Arch for example.

the first thing i thought when i saw that image was i want that outfit :3

because of the Sup Forums in Sup Forumsentoo

Post pics :3

Because I need to justify my 8 core ryzen processor by compiling everything from source.

No systemd, easy 'package' system, lots of freedom, sanity compared to some of the other rolling release distros.

>bbbut nothing wrong with systemd
Until you add a disk to fstab and system won't boot because systemd decided it doesn't like it, so you're not allowed to boot your own damn computer.

Where's the dick

Wat is dis? My penis feels funny.

upstream purity

That looks like excellent programming apparel.

underrated

But what do u do in your daily basis? Do u need a specific program for CAD or image editing or just play something with ur friends? I wish I could use Linux more than I use Windows cuz I don't have the time and the experience to see how it could work.

TOO OLD

You can do that on any distro retard

MODS