Ergonomics Thread

I'm afraid of RSI so what's a good ergonomic keyboard, Sup Forums? Is this Microshit any good?

Any good ergo mice?

Share your tips!

>Any good ergo mice?
iirc the trackball is the best for RSI/preventing RSI. Just got one a week ago and love it.

I had the natural ergonomic keyboard 4000, looked great but the number 6 was on the wrong side and the keys felt mushy.

>felt mushy
Keyboard in OP is also membrane based. I wonder if it too is mushy....

can't game with trackballs.

The R in RSI means repetitive. It might be good for you if you game with a mouse and browse and do other shit with a trackball.

I'm realizing that myself just now, might get a trackball for non-gaming tasks.

Build an ErgoDox

>Any good ergo mice?
Not really.

The industry's idea of ergonomics for mice is to make it fuckhueg as if they're boulders holding up a mountain.

>, might get a trackball for non-gaming tasks.
I used a trackball for years, they're actually not that awesome in a different, unexpected way. It got kind of painful after a while of doing lateral movement with my fingers so much. Perhaps a purely thumb-operated trackball would fare better.

Every hour stand up and roll+stretch your shoulders and wrists around. Take a short walk or do some exercises.

The Microsoft ergonomic keyboards are very good for their price.

>ergonomic keyboard

forget the retard shapes, the most ergonomic keyboard is low profile + good travel

so basically apple

I don;t know what kind of games they play but I've definitely heard it more than once that trackballs are great for games. I know they're great for shit like Civilization, I use mine for that all thje time. There are trackball mice too if that's your kind of thing. Mine's a ball mouse that flips over to be turned into a trackball but modern ones are an optical mouse with a trackball on the side for your thumb or have a trackball where you'd normally find a scrollwheel.

this. but I prefer apple's aluminum wired keyboard... full size one.

I agree, the extended keyboard with scissor switches is great

will they make full size, wired, with butterfly switch? I'd buy it in an instant.

"low to the desk" is the only "ergo" you need

Why would you want butterfly switches?

>God Tier
Model M + Trackball

>Acceptable Tier
Cherry Blue/Brown/Clear + Intellimouse

>Pleb Tier
Microsoft or Logitech Ergonomic Keyboard + Mouse

>Shit Tier
Apple Keyboard + Mouse or Trackpad

Apple's scissor switches > Cherry trash

Not him but if you tried the 2016 MBP, you'd know why.

>subhuman shill detected
Take your rupee and invest in a toilet.

I've heard nothing but bad things about them, gotta admit I've never tried them though.

If I was a shill I'd be pushing their butterfly switches, not their old stuff. I'm typing on a bucking springs keyboard right now, only thing I've tried that's better than Apple's scissor switches. "Shill" is not a word you just call someone for liking something you don't like, and if you knew that, try not to be so trigger happy with that word. You couldn't be more wrong.

>I'm typing on a bucking springs keyboard right now
All is forgiven.

Get a g303 similar mouse they are light and so good for rsi

Switching to trackballs fixed the wrist pain I was having. Best hand trackballs are either the CST L-Trac series or Kensington Slimblade. I've got both.

I prefer the L-Trac (bigger, heavier) when it's clean but it has to be unscrewed and disassembled to clean the rollers out properly every week or two of heavy use where as the Slimblade ball can just be lifted out and wiped off.

Scrolling wise you have a scroll wheel at the top of the L-trac and can twist the Slimblade to scroll. Both work pretty good, though the Slimblade takes a little practice not to move when you want to scroll or vice versa.

Slimblade also needs software installed to use all the features and tweak the speeds and stuff where as the L-trac plugs in and just werkz.

Keyboards. Have a Planck and have also recently finished an Ergodox.

If you type and mouse at the same time then I'd look into a Planck or Preonic. For both hands typing the Ergodox is probably better, still adapting to my one though.

>twist to scroll
That's awesome

how are they functionally? like can you navigate quickly across a screen and still land your mouse where you intended? is it any slower than using a mouse at high sensitivity?

& know if the cheapo ones are any decent?

I can play RTS games just fine. Not sure if it would work as well as a mouse for top level 720noscope competitive FPS games but regular FPS is fine.

The advantages of hand trackballs is that you can make big movements with your entire hand yet also make precise movements with your fingertips.

Also there's many ways of gripping and moving the ball so you'll naturally change position if one starts to feel uncomfortable.

With the CST especially your hand might get sore for the first weeks until your hand muscles get used to rolling a billiard ball around all day. It won't feel "normal" until a month and a bit, then you'll find it hard to go back.

I've also tried the Logitech MX518, which I didn't really like as much because your thumb has a more limited range of motion compared to your entire hand.

Personally I'm going for the ultimate meme

*Logitech M570

that looks like an arcade machine.

>weekly update
>supplier changed something, factory changed something, delays
>it's ok guys, we'll still ship your keebs, promise :^)

>It got kind of painful after a while of doing lateral movement with my fingers so much

Hrm. Hasn't been my experience at all.

At worst my fingers got a little tired, but only when I kept using two fingers instead of three or more like you're supposed to.
And even then it was still an order of magnitude less taxing than a mouse.

Ergonomics is snake oil. I've typed on generic Dell, Microsoft, HP, and Amazon Basics keyboards for decades without issue. Get better posture.

>I played russian roulette
>I didn't die
>hence, nobody ever dies
stellar logic there, dumbo.

I have the keyboard in OP's pic, keys obviously aren't mechanical quality but they're scissor switches so they don't feel too bad for membrane keys

I play CS:GO on logitech marble cat on GNU/Linux :^)

if you were buying it again, would you still buy it or pick a different one?

I probably would. I'd like to get the Surface Ergonomic keyboard which is the newer version, but it apparently doesn't play nice with Loonicks which I need.

i'm thinking about the one I posted above because it has mech switches. but MS one intrigues me.

It's cheap and works well, and it's not Bluetooth, so I like it

Literally all documented cases of office motion stress injury come from poor posture. This isn't a disputed fact at all. Ergonomics is just a way to force you to position your body in ways you can train already.

interesting keyboards but every key on that keyboard is of a different shape. you are literally fucked if you break one of them or just want to rearrange them.