How do I protect my system from data degradation and bit rot...

How do I protect my system from data degradation and bit rot? I have it running in a faraday cage with a primary SSD mirrored by a RAID0 HDD array, both ssd snd hdd array changed every six months, and an emergency redunancy high speed SD flash card memory array changed every quarter. It feels like I'm in a constant battle to maintain data integrity and I feel like my process is only barely cutting it.

Would it be worth it to invest in a UPS/generator protected ECC ram drive NAS unit, or does the network transfer risk further data degradation?

Gay parade.

everything eventualy dissolve to nothing, you're only wasting your time and resources

Faraday cage isn't enough, you need a few inches of lead to stop particles from outer space hitting your storage mediums.

I know it hurts but you have to let go.

You have to submerge all your tech in mineral oil to protect against the devastating effects of rotational velocidensity.

Not gonna stop neutrinos.

>I have it running in a faraday cage with a primary SSD mirrored by a RAID0 HDD array
>not diversified spacially

You get robbed or your house is burned and you'll lose everything.

It will if you buy my greenLead™ hyperMax™ Quantum Edition. We mix the molten lead with 100% organic cage free activated almonds, which protects your data from any foreign particles or wavelengths.

Tfw have burned cds from the 90s in a hot humdid attic that are still perfectly readable

I've had so much data loss from bit flips, it has destroyed so much work. I don't think ionizing radiation is the cause and lead is impractical. I really feel like an ecc ram drive NAS unit is my only logical protection

>Activated Almonds

kek

have you tried adjusting the polarity of your bit rot protection crystals? I heard Himalayan salt works wonders

take a strong magnet and move it over your hard drive a few times. this will protect against tachyon degradation

But what if my future self comes back and tries to kick me in the dick while I'm rubbing the magnet?

I used to only have physical backups copied to a dozen or so different places in my house & friends houses, but lately I've also implemented a script that automatically crawls the web for all available cloud backup services, purchases the most secure option (usually the most expensive one, although it searches by keywords), and automatically copies all of my data for each new cloud service in a continual loop. On another computer I loop through every available backup both offline and online, compute the hash for every file per backup media, maintain the integrity of every file through a majority rule, which I've deemed to be at least -decently- trustworthy when split between my 50 offline + 490 online backups. It's been around 2 weeks since I've implemented it and I haven't seen it catastrophically fail yet, so it might be a viable option for you. Yes, there might be a very high risk of unchecked corruption during the network transfer, but after you personally check the first ~150 online backups yourself, you should be able to let it run by itself while only checking in every other day or so. Just remember to a day or two per week at the minimum to hand-check a portion of your files to make sure they're looking as expected, and I predict it should at least last for a year.

Cloud-kikeman to the rescue! You can trust the cloud backup semite, your greatest ally.

Why not just save files in loseless formats, like .flac

>Downloaded the biggest Avatar blu ray rip possible back in the day
>It was so large it would get corrupted at the drop of a hat.
>Using the torrent client to repair the file every other day

Fucking hell do you literally have to have a RAID array just to maintain 30GB video files?

At least, Jews are more polite, more intelligent and more developed than inferior subhuman goyish savages like you.

>google few sentences of this pants on head retarded diarrhea
>no matches

Noice. Inadvert pasta is the best pasta, thanks man.

It's pretty standard move to an enclosed vault lined with material at least as dense as lead in order to minimize interference while you calibrate your hard drive's polarity. Just to make sure, though, it might be a good idea to make sure you're armed with a weapon to take care of any unexpected issues.

Like I said, ecc ram storage is looking like my only viable option.

There's nothing retarded about wanting to keep your data safe.

All this to keep your Chinese cartoons safe.

It's not about security, it's about data integrity.

I have a lot of rare anime from the 90s, so the files are getting pretty old. What steps should I be taking to ensure my files don't experience bit rot and data degradation?

Of course. Still, compared to the unfunny tryhard fags like you singlehandedly win the thread.

do you use ecc and zfs?

I recommend backup to magnetic tape at least 4 times a day minimum. Restore from backup if you notice even a single pixel out of line. Anime is notorious for degrading in quality as time goes on.

Just kill yourself my man.

I'd strongly recommend against indiscriminate crawled backups. Unless you can verify the service's security by periodic source code audits, you should by default never completely trust them to keep your data whole. For example, if you only had 20 physical backups and only 22 online backups, it would be possible for a set of compromised cloud services ENTIRELY beyond your control to take majority rule and essentially backport the corruption to your good physical copies.

Either disconnect your physical media from all checks or better yet, hand-monitor the traffic between them to catch and remove rotten services out of your roster.

Sorry to hear of your data loss user.

How often do you guys back up daily? I've been doing it 10 times a day but one of my poly lovers tells me that's not even close to enough

Automatic real time incremental backups with complete version history.

But how can you purchase cloud space programmatically?

with a credit card

quantum functor homotypical interuniversal polymerisation every 20 nanoseconds

>a 1TB hard drive maxed out with a jaw-dropping 10 files

Just use raid across a zfs or btrfs array and ecc ram, aided with good offsite backups. Should take care of 99% of the issues that you will never run into anyway