>set for life
>consumer electronics
Is everyone in this thread 12?

2017 X1 Carbon
Nokia 3310

Any phone with 1GB/snapdragon quadcore/720p screen and good custom ROM support

Any laptop past a 2nd gen i5 and 4GB ram

More than that is for specific use

rMBP 13" 2015 or 2016 or even rMB + iPhone SE.

>what are hyperboles
Besides, the shit moved pretty slowly lately. Specially phones basically peaked in 2012.

>Android
>1GB RAM
That's quite masochistic of you. Also 4GB on a laptop can be limiting even for browsing unless you roll with a castrated browser that puts idle tabs into sleep instantly.

Silly user. My laptop is my phone.

ThinkPad Carbon X1.

Currently with a 1GB moto G3, previously had a xiaomeme redmi 1s, same specs, now I'm using with this combination for 3 years and nothing changed, absolutely nothing. Of course 2Gb would be noticeably better but the thing works great anyway

Also I have currently 4GB on my thinkpad and my standard workflow has Firefox with ~10 opened pages (and they all stay loaded) plus I can do light video editing/encoding or Photoshop, it werks. I have another 4gb stick I'm currently not using cause I suspect problems with it but with 8GB the situation isn't that different unless I go with fluid simulations in blender, again I feel like 4GB is the cheap sweet spot and I'm feeling this since 2010, nothing changed

We're talking about future proof specs without breaking the bank, that is my thought

Galaxy S5 and a Think pad T420.

OnePlus 3
Custom desktop

> ~10 opened pages
Yeah, I guess that and the rest of the stuff you mentioned would be fine (although encoding/video editing sounds painful unless we talk about small videos), but personally 10 tabs would be a bit too limiting. Besides given the prices, 8GB is still pretty cheap and gives a lot more headroom, so unless money is the absolute priority, I'd say it's the sweet spot.

Similarly with phones, 2GB is just so common and costs barely more while offering some room for the future.

Any galaxy phone that doesn't explode plus any thinkpad that has the classic keyboard.

Note 4

Surface book with USBC

Desktop PC
HTC 10

I'm happy with what I've got now.

13" MacBook Pro with touchbar

iPhone 7 Plus

>Inb4 hurr Macfag

Grow the fuck up and go outside and get a fucking life

WTF........ didn't mean to reply to you

>touchwizz

>he's too stupid to unlock bootloader

>Latest gen shit
>Consumerist whore

Somehow I doubt you'll even last a year with that set up.

mid 2015 15" maxed out MBP
iphone 7

>there are people who are cucked enough to want newer iPhones
How the fuck do you tolerate the ugly camera bump? I get poordroid fags not caring about it since most of the phones look like they were designed by blind children but but Applefags who had designs like 4 and 5 gobbling up 6 and enabling 7? Sad.

I still have that laptop, kinda outdated now though

Thinkpad X230 w/ coreboot and 7 row keyboard
BlackBerry Passport

why not get the 2011 mbp, and the Xiaomi mi mix?

thinkpad t430 and a blackberry priv i guess, unless there exists something better with an actual keyboard

hmmm... lets see
Looking at feature richness
>M$ Surface Book
>Samsung Note 7
Real answer
>Dell XPS 15 fully loaded
>Japanese Docomo Flip Phone with similar service in US (gps, email, messaging)

Got the setup I want and need

>MacBook Air 11
>iPad mini 2
>iPhone SE

I've now had this for about a year now. And I'm not planning on upgrading to any of the newer models as of yet.

>MacBook Air 11
>HD 16:9 screen
Pretty haram, user.

This is a God tier setup user.

Xiaomi Air 13
Xiaomi Mi Mix

Thanks, after years of living the Sup Forums life and having complete control over my devices but never really fully utilizing it, I decided to make the switch and at least have some control while Apple does all the rest. As of now, I don't trust them with their changes anymore, so I don't update to the latest software. But I'm pretty happy with my hardware still.

Yeah, it's terrible. But for work use while sitting on a table, unless I'm outside, it's actually pretty comfy. And you get used to the resolution. I'm a writer and I have my own web site which I designed myself and I edit all parts of it, plus occasionally edit my own photos. And I get by.

I really love the old powerbook mac
it looks gorgeous

The xiaomi looks amazing, but being ceramic, gets destroyed in one single drop

I am one of those madman that doesn't use phone covers

>Flip phones
As long as it's not Android, it should be fine