Imagine how fast computers would be if we wrote everything in assembly

Imagine how fast computers would be if we wrote everything in assembly

Other urls found in this thread:

mzl.la/webassemblydemo
p.fuwafuwa.moe/axbnms.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it would all be buggy as fuck

we would have maybe 1/1000 of the software we have today because it would take so long to write and no one would want to do it

and it wouldn't necessarily be faster in all cases

Computers are fast enough to not write in assembly.

Yeah, imagine how fucking great everything would be if we had a billion pajeets using assembly instead of java.

is there a solid book or something to learn assembly?

Do it, faggot!

That doesn't automatically makes it fast.

Go write some assembly then, numbnuts. I'm willing to bet compilers will still beat you because they can automatically use advanced instruction sets.

The current compilers designed by German autists will beat pajeets and NEETS 99% of the time.

Programming languages were a mistake, we should write everything in machine code.
FeelsBadMan.

Please no.

>tfw having to write assembly for every CPU architecture

KolibriOS

it wont be fast? also jit > preassembled

When you put it that way..

>also jit > preassembled
Sure, if by JIT you mean AOT to-go compilers instead of tracing "we-couldn't-bother-to-create-proper-semantics-oh-look-a-jit" garbage.

Imagine how secure computers would be if they all had tagged memory and hardware bounds checking.

>jit > preassembled
>java pajeets will convince themselves that this is true while waiting 3 mins for eclipse to open

assembly is only suited for things like cpu emulation these days

Image how fast the internet will be when everyone uses WASM.

Imagine how much more bloat devs will attempt to upload once everyone uses WASM

No one is going to use WASM, retard.

im going to use wasm

>No one is going to use WASM, retard.
Sounds like someone needs some time in the Zen Garden.

mzl.la/webassemblydemo

Balance your chi nigga.

It’s not all about writing in assembly or any other language: it’s also mainly about finding the right algorithm. An excellent algorithm written in Java or C# can be way faster than regular algorithms written in assembly.
I saw some people working with me trying to re-write in assembly some functions because their C++ version weren’t fast enough. They eventually gave up because the compiled version optimized by the compiler was shittons faster than their hand-crafted assembly code, even though their algorithm was already quite good.

Plus, assembly is hella hard to maintain compared to regular programming languages, so –as said above– everything would be completely buggy.

By the way, I’m not saying assembly is useless or anything. But it does not fit the general case when it comes to programming, and in case of optimization you have to be really good, otherwise you’ll make trash instead.

Thank god. Only 1/10000 of the software is actually worth a damn to use the rest is literal shit

You are the goy who hates CSS too?

>105MBs

Oh yeah WASSM will catch on with such bloat.

assembly doesn't automatically make things faster.
You can skip some safety checks and make some things fast, but compared to a compiled language, you are not likely to consistently make things faster than a compiler, at least not if you want to spend much time solving problems.

reminds me of waiting on 3+MB flash games to load on dialup

won't let me post this
p.fuwafuwa.moe/axbnms.webm

rewriting the linux kernel in assembly would be a good start

imagine how good life would be if we were all bacteria

Write everything in c/c++, then we have portable, readable, easy to write code only 1 level above asm. Also some of the code can be in asm.

Depends on how good the average assembly programmer is. Most probably things would be slower as optimizing compilers are a thing and they're made by people that are much better at writing assembly code than 90% of programmers.

>Implying more than 5% of all code is actually run on every architecture when you exclude webdev crap written in languages like JavaScript and PHP