Sup Forums self improvement thread

hiro allows one thread per board dedicated to board improvement. This place would be improved by banning reddit frogposters

Other urls found in this thread:

Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Less consumerism. More actual tech talk ... like advanced topics.

This board would be improved by removing /bsg/, mechanical keyboard generals and other breeding grounds for homosexuality.

>advanced topics
We only have entry level trash and troll threads and the board are slow.
If we only had advanced topics then the board would be dead.

I would like a board filled with people with knowledge and brains, but I don't know how we can get there from here.

KILL ALL GENERALS THREADS!

BAN ALL GAYMER SHIT

This place would be improved by spontaneously showing OS and Browser of posters. You will see that most holy war shitposting is actually trolling.

Remove all generals. Site-wide.

generals are good, otherwise you'd have 250 more "picture of a used thinkpad" threads

whether you like it or not, gaymer shit is exactly what this board is about

Especially in /vg/.

Eh? I thought there was a gamer board already? But I guess given this websites demographic, it makes sense.

Easy to fake, but it might be fun.

>ban redditors
>ban everyone who creates OMG BTFO threads
>ban desktop pedos(and create an official rule for it)
>more mods that actually do their job.
pretty much all we need
generals aren't that bad, they aren't created as often and they can be easily filtered.

-actually ban support threads. There is a whole board and here a whole general (sqt) dedicated to that
-create a computer customization board for dumb shit like desktops, guts, homescreens, custom homepage, foobar skins etc.
-create a consumer electronics board for phones, watches, "wat r le best labtob for $200 must run hat fortress and minecraft", mp3 players, etc

yes, Sup Forums will be much slower. Quality over quantity.

Generals are good, just keep shit contained within their generals.
We don't need a seperate thread for everything apple does, just maintain friendly apple general
ban phone related topics that arent in phone general
ban consumer gpu/cpu topics that arent in pc building general
we are actually in a decent spot now, winter has been worse

Generals are a cancer. So far the administration seems happy with one-off fixes for the worst affected boards (Sup Forums -> /vg/, /tg/ -> /qst/), but eventually they're going to have to address the problem with some kind of site-wide change.

not vg but i mean gaymer shit, gaymer shit like Mechanical Keyboards, high dpi laser mice, graphics cards, retardedly fast cpus etc...

all the technology discussed here (besides phone bullshit) is driven by gaming.

everything else on Sup Forums is trolling and fanboying OS'es, but 90 percent of what is discussed is directly related to PC gaming and that's just the truth

don't give me 'video editing' bullshit either

only safespacers do not enjoy frogs

>mechanical keyboards and fast cpus are "gaymer shit"

Mechanical keyboards are worse than gaymare shit. It's for ricers who literally do nothing with their PCs.

So much wrong with this post. With that said, however, I wouldn't expect serious scientists/researchers to use this website .... so presumably you are spot on.

We've already had one, fuck off.

What's wrong with generals?

A general for people who actually know what they're talking about, and another one for breaking into the training and the industry. A lot of us have untapped potential that we're just wasting on vidya because we have low motivation and no people skills.

Remove gaymur kebab,
Remove editor war kebab,
Remove language shill kebab

Promote actual tech discussion that isn't btfo
New thread called "Consumer General"

Make G great again

uhh mechanical keyboards are precisely gaymer shit dude. just go to amazon or ebay or whatever and type "mechanical keyboard"

you might not be a gaymer but PC gaming is the driving force of that market whether you like it or not. graphics cards and cpu's as well. let me see some i7 vs ryzen benchmarks for codebeans or whatever smart guy shit you guys use

a very easy way to improve 4chin in general would be to ban every person whose start a personal thread outside of /adv/ or even /r9k/

just think about it. it every board there are retards that think others give a shit about them. gtfo.

it would be a pretty simple solution, and would get rid of 90% of the shit it gets posted on every board.

>This place would be improved by banning reddit frogposters

What about r9k crossboarders?

We are Sup Forums Sup Forums /r9k/ and Sup Forums, deal with it.
-puts on le shades-

Literally move all consumer bullshit to a new board.

Ban all X is better than Y threads

Why not create a Computer Fun/Science board for all the software, and a Computer Hardware/Tech board for phones, pc builds, etc.

how about move all the "let's talk about our programming homework" shit to it's own board? technology is all about products, not underage faggot nerds talking about how much they like to learn

>Easy to fake, but it might be fun.
Pretty sure most of Sup Forums doesnt know how to use a computer. Someone will have to make a little windows program to fake it with one click and then use the idiots who download it as miners.

Outlaw battlestation, mechanical keyboard, and desktop threads to /wg/. Outlaw Ryzen/CPU and GPU benchmark discussions to Sup Forums. Watch and everyday carry threads belong on Sup Forums. Headphone threads belong on Sup Forums.

Disallow generals. The stupid questions and programming generals corral posts that can provide more discussion in a shithole of a thread where good posts are ignored. They artificially slow down the board and make room for shitty threads and content.

We have a lot of knowledge and brains here, the problem is that we need to swim through an ocean of piss to find it.

>board are slow
It's still better than some board like /sci/.
Just waiting it to be removed.

Remove troll / bait threads
Ban anyone posting about unlocking a stolen phone

>Ban anyone posting about a phone
ftfy.

There's sometimes 3 active rust threads. Enough with the Rust spam. Allow only one active at the same time

move /ptg/ to the torrent board
ban consumerist shill threads
ban tech support threads

Stricter grammar and spelling policing. ESL niggers need to learn

the easiest way for anyone here to improve their life is to stop coming here.

this desu

Ban all Chrome and phone posters
>b-but it's easily circumvented
not by 99% of dumb phoneposters

- Make /sqt/ an auto-creating general and make it a sticky and delete all tech support threads so they have to go to /sqt/
- Also ban threads related to games. Keep that shit in Sup Forums
And the best new rule
- Ban all "____ BTFO" threads

This place would be improved if the rules were enforced
But I guess that's too much to ask for

Ban the constantly derailing shills too

Well now we're having another, so fuck off.

yay i e-hope someone e-reads my e-post

I think you all should suicide asap.

Can we call upon the name of Hiro and get him to see this thread?
Has Hiro EVER posted in Sup Forums before?

Ban the /ptg/ holy shit
There is an entire goddamn board just for torrents but the /ptg/ on Sup Forums is still allowed to exist for some reason

>We only have entry level trash and troll threads
What is >>

ban NVDIA/AMD whatever the fuck threads they are

literally every single day

Ban browser threads
Ban "muh NSA" threads
Ban distro threads
Ban phone threads

>Banning distro and NSA threads
someones mad they're stuck on Wangblows because loonix was too hard

HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO HIRO

this, but also keep adding links to the sticky in regards of language chosing, learning to program, and learning to hack, ban anyone who makes a thread about that

also ban the consumer crap

@ me next time

MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT MOOT

Knowledge is not necessary, only interest and minimum brains. A retard can have the will to learn and go places. I should know, I'm a dumb fuck and got into generative art and programming

Ban all
>Name one flaw
>Tech support threads
>AMA
>AMD vs ???
>Prove me wrong
>Purchasing advice not in a general
>Rate my build
>Sup Forums bs
Any thread that contains less than a sentence in the OP is 9 time out of 10 a troll post and should be banned

>no posting from phones
>no trips
>IDs are used
>tech support threads are 30 day ban
>talking about politics more than once per thread is 30 day ban

Is this a thread to improve Sup Forums or for me to improve?

Because I like the second one.

I want to play wargames. I dont know a fucking thing about script kiddy hacking, and I feel weird typing that into google.

Are there forums or boards that deal with teaching hacking, but arent catered to people who want to steal some girls fb nudes, but for people who want to get into cyber/infosec?

you should try one of these hack me sites

There's a system.
Make a thread, add a poll. Then submit the thread and poll here with an explination.
Sup Forums.org/feedback

I would suggest banning everyone who unironicaly uses Javascript and Java

I think banning OP would be a huge improvement.

You're in for a surprise.

Watch and EDC belong on /fa and just barely. What a waste of post space.

Pretty much this.

Generals are for the most part the best threads in this board

per-thread IDs for each poster please