Now that we have bash in Windows 10. Is there any reason to use Linux as a desktop operating system?

Now that we have bash in Windows 10. Is there any reason to use Linux as a desktop operating system?

Daily reminder that every software available on Linux is also on Windows, but not the reverse.

trolling is a art

>can't use vlc skins
0/10, dropped

What can you do with it? Are you given access to apt? Would be cool if you could install Python through it (because it sounds like a hassle on windows). Can bash interact with the windows file system effectively?

yeah you have access to apt. I've installed Python on mine as well but when I couldn't get it to execute the script regularly (no cron) I bought an orange pi, put linux on it, and use that for daily linux tasks via ssh from my windows computer.

>apt on windows
>not chocolatey

Why would I gimp a perfectly fine linux install by running it through a botnet?

You've always had Cygwin though, this is just official support

not windows exactly, the windows subsystem for linux

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>root
>Permission Denied

Gonna need a bigger bait

the real reason to use Linux isn't the terminal or customization. the real reason is it's way fucking faster and it isn't spyware 1984 shit (yet)

this

GNU/Linux*

Linux*

GNU/Linux

Fuck/Yourself

No need to get angry, but it's really GNU/Linux.

>tor
nice bait

>Is there any reason to use Linux as a desktop operating system?
It's not constantly feeding your personal data to ad companies and to the CIA/NSA/FBI/KGB/[insert three letter government agency here]. Also better stability and fine grain system control, better flexibility, and no forced updates.

>Daily reminder that every software available on Linux is also on Windows, but not the reverse.
Pajeet, it's not called "a software". It is a piece of software, so you should've said "every piece of software" instead. That's how you say that in Engrish. Your shit grammar gives away your true identity. Your statement is also untrue because of WINE and PlayOnLinux.

>"every piece of software"
keked so hard

run "ping google.com" lol

sudo telemetry disable
sudo phonehome disable