ITT: God tier free software

Other urls found in this thread:

getpaint.net/donate.html
krita.org/en/
download.kde.org/stable/krita/3.1.2/krita-3.1.2-x86_64.appimage
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

paint.net is nonfree, retard

But it is.

>Paint.NET is free for use in any environment, including but not necessarily limited to: personal, academic, commercial, government, business, non-profit, and for-profit. "Free" in the preceding sentence means that there is no cost or charge associated with the installation and use of Paint.NET. Donations are always appreciated, of course! getpaint.net/donate.html

>Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software (the "Software"), to use the Software without restriction, including the rights to use, copy, publish, and distribute the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so.

>being so autistic you think free only means your assburger licenses

The word you're searching is "freeware". Free Software is something different.

You seem to be confused. Paint.NET is free and it's software. Therefore it's free software. Now get out.

not the other guy but i have autism and am offended

Sweetie, all softwares are free

wow what an amazing thread op
you'll be sure to hook all the autists with this amazing bait

>It is software
>It is free
Ironic that so called advocates of freedom claim provinence over acceptable use of English

freeware is literally a portmanteau of free software, much like kys is an acronym for kill yourself

excuse you but i am a man, i work at a port, there is another man who works at this port, he was here before me, i am just as much a portman-2 as your shitty fascist linguistic construct

>fascist
drumpf btfo desu

Free software means software that respects the user's freedom.

There are four essential freedoms that the user of software should always have:

Freedom 0 is the freedom to run the program however you wish.
Freedom 1 is the freedom to study the source code of the program and change it to make the program do as you wish.
Freedom 2 is the freedom to distribute copies of the program to others when you wish. This includes republication of the program.
Freedom 3 is the freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others when you wish. This includes republication.

If you have all four of these essential freedoms, then the program is free software, which means that the social system of the distribution of the program is an ethical system that respects the freedom and community of the users.

If one of these freedoms is missing, then the program is proprietary software, meaning that it keeps the users divided and helpless, and gives the developer power over the users. This is an injustice. Proprietary software should not exist and should not be used.

If you want to have freedom, the only way you can have it while using computers is by rejecting proprietary software.

Not my fault that retards get easily triggered. I just wanted recommendations for software that is both powerful yet free like paint.net. Better thread than 90% of Sup Forums an average day, by the way.

>if you're not with us you're against us
Stallmanites are cancerous.

>Four freedoms
>Freedom 0, 1, 2, and 3
this is the best kind of autism

Says who? Look in any dictionary and you'll find gratis as one of the definitions of "free". Stallman don't get to hijack a term and reject its already established meaning.

Neither do you, "botnet" faggot.

huh?

completely fucking rekt

>create a potentially useful thread
>instantly derailed with pure autism

Never change Sup Forums

>deliberately start a thread with a free but closed source program in order to bait the established userbase of the board
>be confused when they bite the bait

Never change Sup Forums

>oh boy an actual useful thread, let's see what opinions on software I find. perhaps I can learn from the experience of others

>instantly stallman-praising turboautists begin to argue on the definitions of "free"

sweet tap-dancing jesus, this board is as cancerous as it gets

Implying you entered this thread thinking it was going to be anything but a bunch of autists getting baited and arguing "freedom vs. gratis" ad nauseum.

krita.org/en/
>the program that got me interested in linux

You should have said gratis!
Respect software pronouns. it will fend off the autists

>hmm, looks pretty good, maybe i'll give it a try
>package manager begins to pull in the entire fucking kde system as dependencies
>nope.avi

It's only free as in free beer. It's not free as in free speech.

Compared to what? most of what you pull are libraries which you don't need to download again for each program that needs it. Consider that on windows for example each program generally bundles everything even if it's duplicated so at the end you use a lot more of space in that case. If what you want is to isolate the dependencies there's an appimage package that weights less than 100MB so you don't need to install anything:
download.kde.org/stable/krita/3.1.2/krita-3.1.2-x86_64.appimage

sage

Musicbee and Paint.net are the things I miss more than games on Linux.

krita is shit in comparison to inkscape

if you ever need to draw anything just use the calligraphy tool, no need for animecancershit mcpoopypenismeineyescannotcopewith

This is hands down the best software

It's free and free to use why does it need to be open source

Classic Shell, Gratis only

Without the freedom to modify/repair it it will die someday.