Memes aside, why is Windows so slow?

Memes aside, why is Windows so slow?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.acolyer.org/2016/04/26/the-linux-scheduler-a-decade-of-wasted-cores/
userbenchmark.com/UserRun/1472884
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because your computer is slow

Because you A. didn't optimize services, B. didn't optimize startup programs, C. Installed all sorts of stupid garbage, D. have a PC that doubles as a potato

Why is a fresh install of Windows slower than a Ubuntu one, then?

Because improving performance, especially of existing, rather than new, software, doesn't drive more revenue for Microsoft. They know that most normies don't care, because they assume that computers just naturally wear out and get slow, and that most of the people who do know better and do care are locked into the ecosystem. So, MS says, why spend a dime or lift a finger to fix it?

Don't like it, switch to Linux. That's been the solution for many years now.

Because of slow hardware or bloatware (ie firefox).

I recently fixed an old i3-3120M laptop and installed a fresh WIN 7 SP1 + SP2 and it works just fine. In fact it's still usable for most things when I force the CPU to 1.2 GHz when on battery.

The botnet

Virus protection with active scanning absolutely obliterates performance and it is a necessity on Windows. When I boot into my Windows drive the number one resource hog is the antivirus.

this too, though an adblocker is all you really need desu. antivirus programs are for those grannies and kids who recently got a computer.

Because MS doesn't care about optimization. Ever look at their thread scheduler? Absolute piece of shit, shuffles threads between cores for no fucking reason. Even ignoring all the shitty bloat that comes preinstalled with windows, (ex: fucking 3 different ways to change the time) a program will literally run faster on a linux machine because of this.

MS is only interested in improving their botnet, not the actual OS.

desu Nod32 doesn't look too bad on resource monitor, ever.

Microsoft is lazy because there is no threat to them. Maybe in the future when their market share shrinks they will improve because then improvement is actually necessary.

I still use a core 2 duo.

blog.acolyer.org/2016/04/26/the-linux-scheduler-a-decade-of-wasted-cores/

apex kek

Explorer and generic drivers.

>HDD users

>Memes aside, meme

defender

prove it

how the fuxk do you get access to the windows thread scheduler source code?

>memes meme, meme

It needs to match the speed of its users

Oh shit, you've opened my eyes to the one true mindset. Thank you, user.

i just had to help my dad do a backup restore to a spare iphone 4s on dell lattitude d830 (dual core 2.2ghz 4gb ram 250gb hdd) with a fresh copy of win 7 i gave him two years ago.....

absolutely disgusting... i was left traumatised.

>windows took several minutes from cold boot to become usable
>itunes literally taking a minute to open
>itunes took 15minutes to update so i could update the phone
>multi second lag between inputs

its not even that bad hardware but for a time things were very very bad. win10 boys with SSDs just dont get it.

Boy, ain't nothing gonna revive that ancient dinosaur. Winblows 10 will have worse performance on that overheating pile of shit.

Also itunes is the laggiest, buggiest, unoptimized piece of shit software ever produced.

Fuck off tripfag

Now you fuck off, you relentless cocksucker. Just filter me already you massive aberration of nature.

funnily enough i had 2 mint condition dell latitude d830's

one with a 250gb hdd and win7 i gave to my dad

the second with a 128gb SSD and Mint Cinnamon that i keep as a emergency machine if something happens to my MBA

The differences are night and day. win + rust is frustrating and unusably slow. linux + ssd is the same performance as my debian only MBA

I dunno, my shit netbook has almost the same level of performance and I don't have much problems running Windows 10 32-bit. I stripped it down pretty hard, though. Yeah it has flash memory but it's slow as shit. userbenchmark.com/UserRun/1472884

Have you ever taken the time to consider that it's actually multiple large number of people who hate you? Not just one person

No I'm pretty sure it's just one. Most anons don't get that obsessed with me. Even if there are a large number who hate me 99.9% of them would filter me like normal human beings.

Windows gets all sorts of fucking maleare easily and the updates are a joke and slowly break your computer

>pretty sure it's just one
oh boy you really are a retard

Different person can confirm nobody likes you

So you're a retard incapable of properly using a computer? What the fuck are you doing on Sup Forums?

dude you even got shit on by multiple people for being a fucking moron in the vega thread
I hate you too, if you want to have a cute little name just stay on reddit

Dude just fucking filter me already, this is the last this is the last time I humour you.

It's a lot of people bud cause you're an idiot who pretends to know what he's talking about when really you dont

Can you really just not handle the fact that tons people hate you

Calm down aspie.

I just opened this thread (you should be seeing the new IP sign) and you're a faggot.

The simple fact that you feel the absolute need to carry an username on Sup Forums shows how fragile are and how much you need to feel validated by others. You are sick and I recommend you to either :
• reflect on yourself and change for the best
• go to an username-based website

nope we hate you

>replying to tripfags

My school's computers upgraded to 10, and they are significantly slower than when they had 7.
I recently put W10 on my computer and boot up time is about as fast as when I was running Lubuntu. Don't know how to explain this.

It isn't

The primary reason is because most Linux memers install a new distro every few months, so their installations aren't "lived in" like most Windows installations. I've used Windows, OSX and the Linux Desktop in anger, and they all gradually degrade in performance unless you're VERY picky about what you install.

gotta love extensions....

that red_shit tripfag is the worst... that's what happens when you don't treat mental illness.

holy shit, get off his dick.

trips have been an integral part of imageboards since forever, and they'll be here long after you fuck off back to wherever you came from.

You just this trash.

>windows
>custom optimization
Laughable.

Your pc is shit. It's fast for me

protip: pic related looks much nicer

nope. I don't even wanna see posts by retards who reply to these nutjobs.

Sometimes they also reply to other people though.

that's fine. extensions hides their posts and replies to them. not the posts that they reply to... unless that post replies to them.

No idea why you would tripfag, it is truly pathetic, I feel bad for you. Nobody is "obsessed" with you, that is just your sad desire for some sort of attention getting to your head. People just see your name and trip and are annoyed.

You can't give a reason to be a tripfag other than that you want attention.

I too hate you, and hope you diaf.

See, it's good to post anonymously. Now don't let me catch you using a trip again.

>thread scheduler? Absolute piece of shit, shuffles threads between cores for no fucking reason.

Source, evidence? Maybe you don't understand the reason?

I'm genuinely curious if this is true or not.

Got that out of your system?

You can turn your trip back on now