Are the more expensive kinds of office chairs worth the money if you have a desk job?

Are the more expensive kinds of office chairs worth the money if you have a desk job?

idk are heart problems worth your desk job?

If you're lucky you dont have to worry about it but assuming your not lucky then it doesnt really matter as long as you have lumbar support and you do kinesthetics every few hours or whatevs

Yes. Don't buy a knock off, but second hand if you can't afford new.

H-heart problems?

Yes Herman miller aeron is the best chair I have ever sat on so far..

The official SWEDEN YES MEME office chair company

No. I sit on a Steelcase Gesture at work. No matter how I adjust it, shit still hurts my back by the end of the day. They have a bunch of different Steelcase chairs to choose from and none of them are that great.

OP here.

Look at this cheaper lookalike of the chair in OP.
Specifically the area in red.

Is this where a lot of the magic happens that makes cheap chairs shit and spensive chairs good?

yeah unironically they can be correlated.
maybe not for you, but it is for me and after doing google-research it looks theyre "DIRECTLY CORRELATED" - please say this in your mind as spoopy as possible

I'm afraid that the more expensive the chair, the more I'm going to be critical have the impression that it's never quite right.

While with cheap chairs I just sit my ass down and never give the chair a second thought.

There has to be a name for this phenomenon.

i work at a computer all day for 8 hours each day

they have steelcase and herman miller chairs that I checked out online and they're about $800 each

yeah office chairs are overpriced because of... office budgets... but they are really great chairs.

Diminishing returns.

That's why it's best to be acquaintanced with somebody in the government sector and have that person go to their inventory and pick up some old office chair for you.

No money loss nice chair acquired

>There has to be a name for this phenomenon.
buyer's remorse

Direct comparison.

Left is expensive, and there's a pretty chunky system underneath the chair.

Right is cheap, and it looks like the cylinder is just welded to the chair baseplate.

Not dank enough

I'm poor as fuck, are there any IKEA-like chairs one can buy from China that are comparable with an Aeron?

I live on an island so Craigslist sucks and most shipping sucks.

>I'm poor as fuck, are there any IKEA-like chairs one can buy from China that are comparable with an Aeron?
>I'm poor as fuck, are there any IKEA-like chairs one can buy from China

Yeah it's called post 90s IKEA

The problem with office chairs my country (Belgium) is the known brands (Herman Miller, Kinnarps, ...) all seem to have one branch on the other side of the fucking country.
And I don't even know if they even have any chairs there.

There are like a thousand websites for office chairs though, all selling oddly dissimilar shit.

Afaik Aeron has a patent on the mesh seating area.
I've NEVER seen another office chair with a mesh seating area.

>all seem to have one branch on the other side of the fucking country.
And I don't even know if they even have any chairs there.

They do they offer re clothing and changing the gas tube. Best bet is to search around for a second hand one or this

keep an eye on CL and you'll find sub 200 Steel Case Leaps fairly easily

A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M

I'm in Europe, no CL here.

All we have are retarded second-hand sites where 99% of users are retired old scambait geezers who reply in all caps and sell absolute dogshit.

>I'm in Europe, no CL here.

Fucking every country in the world has some Craigslist equivalent give me a fucking break user

Yes, those second-hand sites.

> 99% of users are retired old scambait geezers who reply in all caps and sell absolute dogshit.

Yeah and that's exactly like Craigslist. also try whatever is the equivalent to goodwill sometimes you might get lucky and land some nice office chair.

It's actually very very funny.

These old farts will get an obvious scammer responding to their ad, and they'll get all butthurt and type these long replies about how their imaginary brother is a lawyer or something lol.

Like, just ignore that shit man. You'd think they would have some experience dealing with crooks after being alive for so long.

>butthurt and type these long replies about how their imaginary brother is a lawyer or something lol.

It's pretty common a legitimate gypsy tried to taunt me with MY BROTHER IS A POLICE OFFICER WATCH OUT MAN at the car wash.

Jesus christ what is this fucking grade school?

Thoughts on "Hag Balans"?

Gonna have these over at my new office building soon. We got a couple different models to butt-test and pick the best one. Coincidentally, this was the best one. God tier chair right here.

Aren't head rests a meme?

They have them chairs at my work and they are fucking trash, the bit you sit on it already sagging and they hardly get any use

Not if you lean back.

>Hag Balans
turns out they compress your spine more than regular chairs

I used to think so too, but on that model it's so easily adjustable that it's possible to make it actually really fucking comfortable quick and easy.

I sound like a shill but I love this chair. Need to get one from the company for myself at home. Any idea of retail with those b2b fuckers is a pain in the butt.

Comfortable for like 15 minutes. But so is also kneeling on concrete.

I prefer a chair that I can sleep in. These office chairs lack headrests and don't lean back far enough, so they are useless for that.

However, they are very adjustable, and the cushions don't wear out like they do on cheapo chairs.

A treadmill is better since it helps avoid sitting disease altogether.

I use $900 ergo chair at work and Markus at home. Ergo chair is better but frankly what's more important is whether you are trying to keep good posture and exercise. You can buy whatever expensive chair you want, as long as you keep slouching anyway it's not going to do shit for you. Do back exercises and keep good posture and you can sit at cheapest ikea shit.

I agree.

But what's also important is how the chair articulates and positions.

This literally wipes the floor with all of your fancy thousand dollar chairs.

Until you get a blood clot in your calf and die.

Overall I don't understand how people can cheap out on a good and comfy desk chair but dish out mad dosh for their rig. You are spending a shitload of time in front of your computer as and you won't be changing the chair every year or two (or three) like you would any guts.

>tfw height adjustable table master race

Any half decent chair is good enough if you can spend half the day standing. I may upgrade from my Markus some day, but I hardly feel the need to since getting the table

>being this much of a fucking moron
Unlike a chair, sitting on the floor can be done in many different ways. Crossed legs, with one leg up, both legs up, or even go into a squat. These are just some examples. Stretching or doing some yoga moves are also very simple to do whislt sitting on the floor. It's a much more dynamic experience compared to the static of sitting in a chair. And it costs fuck all.

Meanwhile idiots spend thousands of dollars on chairs.

>yoga

Oh, ok. That explains being a dirt poor scumbag hippy that can't afford a decent chair. Do you also get your technology from dumpster diving best buy?

Yoga is codeword for anally penetrating your sister. I love yoga. I do yoga a lot.