This is the correct direction for laptops

this is the correct direction for laptops

>AIDS keyboard
>AIDS trackpad
>Pen

No.

It cannot even keep the screen upright without a level surface.

this is the correct location for your opinion

thickfags mad they can't use their laptop as a tablet

That's not a laptop.

I can put my laptop on my lap. It doesn't need some retarded "kickstand" setup and a flat tabletop. Tablets are useless.

>using a laptop on your lap

no one does this

Yes they do. Why would they be called lap-tops otherwise?

>OS dedicated to shilling their failing tablet and phone department at the cost of people who enjoyed using their OS for 20 years

laptops are for nerds too poor to buy a phone

cheeky little faggot

Improvements:
>remove the kickstand
>put everything but the monitor hardware in the keyboard (keyboard will have to become much thicker)
>make the keyboard's connection to the monitor firm, but still adjustable thru a full 360 degrees, so that you can wrap it around to the back of the laptop and thereby still be able to use it as a tablet
>the pen can stay but it needs a holder that won't peel off and become unusable -- such as one built into the casing
>make the pen rechargeable

>why do they call them jellyfish if they are not fish!?!

this is how you sound

Tablets are completely pointless. Everything you can do is way faster and easier and better on a laptop.

Shitty battery life, shitty keyboard (either touch or keyboard+stand-extension), heavy, can't stand properly on a lap/bed, slow, no real PC so no real Linux, etc.

It's a meme from tech industry.

whoah

yes, its a very good concept. Good thing the surface pro 4 mastered the implementation for 2in1s

the Surface 4 actually has a decent keyboard. Took four iterations, but there it is.
Also you'd be hard pressed to find a better screen (or screen ratio) for a portable PC
They are more affordable after the recent price lowering of the i5 version.

My main gripe is the major price hike for 8gb ram. I don't care about more than 128gb internal storage, but I don't want to pay out the ass for what should be the minimum amount of memory in actual computers

I do. With my tiny 11.6" netbook.

Wrong. If the hinges can't hold the lid up or if there aren't any hinges at all, it's not a 2in1. It's a tablet. A mediocre one actually.

>add a clit mouse
>what is thinkpad x220t :^)

>联想集团有限公司 doesn't put clit mouse over the 'i'

>haven't been able to use my Surface Pro 3 in months because the Windows 10 Anniversary Update bricked it

no the surface book is

No. These thing are SHIT.

yes, i´ve got the Surface 2 since years and its simply perfect, where you got you can grab it and use it, baterry life is OK, fast as fuck, lightweith, perfect dimensions, not too big, not too small, and my version is RT shitty imagine the new versions.

Its a very recommended product but if you stay in the meme of course no

Who actually thought that a picture frame stand was a good design paradigm for 2-in-1s?

This is much better.

X1 yogas are better, though

no thats a horrible OS, also liek, not a laptop

What you're describing is the Surface Book

>Everything you can do is way faster and easier and better on a laptop.
So I take it you only use your phone in landscape mode?

>This is much better.

a thiccfag is telling me to double the width of his thicctop so i can tablet

As somebody pretty happy with their Surface Pro 4, no. Maybe the correct direction for 2-in-1s but not for laptops as a whole.

Who'd have thought that Apple would be the savior of the laptop form factor?

i had a surface 2 as well, the jump to pro4 is insane. the pro4 is the best laptop ive ever owned. Id tell you to buy it since they just dropped the price a fuckton, but that means the pro5 is around the corner

no this

Expensive tablets are pointless, surface tablets too. Mid-range (or even lower) ones are great for like reading the news or some manga or watching something in bed, basic internet use around the house etc.

I find they also can function as laptop replacements for some travels, as long as I have no need to produce anything while there.

>slow
>shitty battery life
what kind of tablets are you using and for what?

totally don't get it. not bothered, just perplexed. like why wouldn't you just get a xps 13 touchscreen? it's like just replicating a laptop in a shitty way. marketing and engineering for marketing and engineering sake?

Laptop with focus on docks which plug into "external" conponents is the correct direction

surface pro 5 when?

I use my tablet for hand-written notes. And that's it.

>Using "AIDS" as an adjective
Are you literally 10 years old?

Yep, I think so as well. Pic related is the best design I've seen, but has 16:9 screen.

Second type I like are those kinda sliders (like Vaio Duo 11), but they have problem with adjusting screen angle.

I definitely don't like wobbly shit like the Surface (if there is no reliable connection between keyboard and screen, it can't call itself a replacement for laptop) and any designs based on rotation (both thinkpad-style two-axis hinges (which are bad because the hinge has to oppose very large torque and loosens over time) and 360-hinges because it simply feels wrong to have the keyboard on the other side.

>laptop

>laptop
>included pen

This is thinner and less bezzle

Why not

No

>Notebook
>included mouse

Why not?

Everyone already has mice

yea, but why not?

big split designs are dumb for a couple reasons reasons.
-you are halving the battery life when you don't need to, when you detach the keyboard there goes the battery life.
-Splitting components only add to the thickness because you a duplicating a shell

-when the keyboard dock is detached you are limiting the utility of the tablet. You dont' want to lug around a thicc keyboard with your tablet, that defeat the purpose. Any time I am in a tablet situation with the surface and I want to type, I only need to swing around the folded keyboard and start typing. With a big split design, i may have left the keyboard half somewhere else and wouldn't be readily able to type

>Using literally unnecessarily
Are you 12?

Because Microsoft decided to take a stab at a tablet pretending to be a laptop, rather than a laptop pretending to be a tablet.

I have an X220T and I still don't understand why this design was abandoned.