Rx580/570 leak - rebranded oc rx480/470

wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-580-570-polaris-graphics-card-picture-leak/

Ayy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UtyaGppWknE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah everyone knew that. Vega is going to be branded Vega.

Nice! 1070 performance at last

AMD is only a year late.

Autism: the post

>rebranded product
>literally the same shit
>(you)"a year late"

oh boy I see why you score so bad in those IQ tests

Don't worry. I'm sure we'll get 1080 Ti performance from AMD by late 2019.

Not AMD fag but
why would you need more than a 1070 at the moment?
Even an RX 480 is fine for 1080p and even 1440p.
The 1080ti with 4K won't be full 60fps with games this year and next year plus
it's an overkill for 1440p or 1080p.
Can some gaymer explain this?
Or do you faggots spend $700 a year on a high-end GPU for the 4k meme.

Where's Volta?

gamers are shallow and uncreative creatures and upgrading their computer is their sole form of expression

Gotta go HAM on the VR meme

>b-but my crutch video card is enough
No, it's not. 480 is already laughable, and resolutions are going up.

Read the 1070 part dumbass.
4K is nowhere near close to becoming a standard.
1440p has a higher chance.

>m-muh gaymes

I don't think you know what standard means, kill yourself you mouthbreathing insect.

>4K is nowhere near close to becoming a standard.

Who gives a fuck what normie standards are? If I listened to normie standards I'd be using a 1080p monitor still even though I moved pasted that resolution 8 years and a half years ago.

This is PCs, not TVs. I don't have software that caps at 1080p, and I don't play shit (usual Jap trash) games that have resolution caps either. There is no "standard"

AYYMD STOPPED PRETENDING THEIR HOUSEFIRES IS 150W TDP, TOP KEK

ENJOY YOUR 225W HOUSEFIRES, AYYMDPOORFAGS

Enjoy your 29fps solitaire and 4k resolution :^)

>using kill yourself unironically
Trying to be relevant huh?

No need to release it because the competition is a generation behind and when they catch up momentarily they still can't compete with top 3 cards available.

>Introducing the RX580, 1070 performance, 1 year later.

Yes, because Intel and ARM in the HPC space don't exist.

No seriously, where Volta?

8 pin

Nice. Give it a vapor chamber in the blower and it'll be a sweet card

probably Q4 or Q1 '18. nvidia has a pretty consistent 18-20 month release cadence. pascal hasn't even been out a year yet.

>With 4GB of VRAM

honestly, there's no point to upgrade between architectures if it doesn't come with a die shrink.

Kepler and Maxwell were the same. Pascal last year was a worthy entry/upgrade point because of the die shrink. So if Volta keeps using 14nm, I don't see why bother upgrading when Pascal is perfectly fine.

The RX580 is basically a slightly overclocked RX 480.

It won't get anywhere near a 1070, as usual with AMD.

Well, we are waiting....

I thought Vega was going to be RX 580 and the Polaris refresh would be RX 485?

Vega is called RX Vega, no number.

>why would you need more than a 1070 at the moment?
>why would someone want to do something DIFFERENT than I, myself, ME?!?!?
>I literally, LITERALLY, don't understand how anyone could be running different hardware or doing different things than me

Go and fucking kill yourself.

It was never a secret, you dunce

>I thought Vega was going to be RX 580
You've spent too much time on plebbit.

>That projection

amd about to show what Real power is..

>autists sperg over companies cutting costs on production of cutting edge tech
>meanwhile 10 year old budget ATI card is enough
Enjoy your >10fps placebo

See
And what I state are logical reasons for the average consumer dumbass.
Not your typical NEET 'gaymer'.

When will people learn that a GTX 1070 is 40% bigger and 60% more expensive than a RX 480/580?
They are not competing products.

For GPUs there's no 'average' consumer you dumb fuck.

I spent 1200 on the 4k meme and I've gotta say it's a very clear and crisp meme.

I'll never fully utilize the Titan Xp but, who cares hahahahahahahahahaha

Some of us don't want a "good enough" gaymin experience. I want 1440p at 120fps minimum.

i have 1080p display but i just enjoy the feeling that my 1080ti will crush absolutely any fucking game.

The 480 is definitely not enough for 60fps+ 1440p.

>The 1080ti with 4K won't be full 60fps with games this year and next year plus

Speak for yourself. My fucking 7970 can get 40FPS in Overwatch on high settings. The 1080Ti is supposed to be 2-3x as fast.

(on 4k that is)

>Overwatch
Yeah a CPU-heavy game. Good one bud. Try running a GPU intensive game for a proper benchmark.

>CPU-heavy
my 2500k is barely using 30% on all cores

That's fine. The point is Overwatch isn't taxing on your GPU at all. It's not a relevant benchmarrk for 4k gaming in general.

I'm going full AMD next year, RX 580 is still an upgrade from my ancient GTX 680.

They say that because they know it beats the 1060, so its the only way they can win.

It's ok when Nvidia does

>be Sup Forumsirgin
>go to Sup Forums with your shitposting memes
>don't even get it right

Or better said, the most logical buy that is actually worth the money of the consumer.

>60fps

try 120min. i dont want anything less since its not the 00s anymore.

>tfw want to buy AMD Stock but know it's just a matter of time before Intel knocks them back down into the gutter.

What's my time frame Sup Forums?

Half a year when they re re release skylake with 15% higher clocks

Ok I see. Honestly I didn't really keep up with most recent AAA games.

My 7970 has been doing good work even with my 4k screen. I'm planning on replacing it with a 1080 or a 1080Ti though, so I can play OW with 100% render scale. It's just the most demanding game I have though lol

You missed the AMD rallye. Might get + or - 20% within the next year, but nothing drastic. The launches don't directly influence the market value. They have been gaining steadily simply in anticipation of Zen for the last year when all they had was the RX 480

Will the 480's become cheaper?

for the love of god don't play a competitve shooter on 4k meme resolution especially when you can't even get 10 fps retarded nigger
you can hope for a sale on remaining rx480s but the 580s will probably quickly replace the 480s, especially since it's really just a more mature rebrand.

Will it be worth upgrading from 1050 Ti to 480 once it gets a price slash?

Nah Intel claims Coffee Lake has up to 15% more performance than Kaby Lake. But we know they'll have a mainstream hexcore SKU. 15% more performance with a hexcore vs a 7700K points to a clock of around 3.4-3.6ghz.

Lord knows what it'll overclock to, but if it uses the same amount of power as Kaby you're looking at around 300 watt 5ghz and 210 watt for 4.4ghz.

Compare to Ryzen.

Literally nobody is surprised.

Vega is AMD's last chance and everybody knows it.
Hell, Vega was their only chance last year, and they just kept things in a holding pattern by not releasing anything but Polaris then.

They've been in a game of chicken with Nvidia for the past year. They've just been getting sucker punched by nvidia stealing the wind from their sails every time they announce something.

About time they start fighting back.

GPUs can't be released on a whimsy. They take multiple years to go from paper to product. Vega especially due to it being a new architecture. The first ideas for it probably date back to 2011.

It is for the shit games I play

It is, you just don't stick everything on ultra like a fucking idiot when the difference usually isn't even noticeable when compared to high and the performance cost is huge.

The 500 series will likely hit 1500mhz on average

AMD has a super limited budget, would be impossible to do polaris and Vega at the same time, especially waiting on yields

pleb

Ryzen doin great, Vega is that pajeet last chance before getting fired

great, so 6cores are gonna be supported by games then. i'm going to buy a R5 1600 now for sure

>GTX 1080 sales left and right at the moment
>import costs consistently rising
>new electronics tax taking effect before even stock vega cards gets released

I feel like I wont ever get a deal as good as the one I am looking at right now, but at the same time I want to stay in the Freesync ecosystem. Fuck.

Should I bite or wait?

yes yes, sell your freesync monitor, buy a g-sync one and a gtx 1080

>spending more on a gpu because it uses a lightbulb less worth of electricity
>autism

No fucking compromises.
I want to play everything mced out at 1440p.

Vega is made in AMERICA

Should have bought it last year
>tfw buying 300 stocks at $2

>wccftech

Stay off of plebbit at all costs

Ryzen is supposed to unlock it's 20 other cores and beat any CPU on the market for the next 20 years.

The RX480 has another 50 CUs waiting to be unlocked with Finewine™ and beat the 1280 ti.

shitpostintg skill +1

With the new 14nm FinFET LPP on board, the Polaris 10 GPU will be rebranded as the Polaris 20, and Polaris 11 will be known as Polaris 21. While you shouldn’t expect to see any IPC improvements, the enhanced process will enable slightly higher clock speeds at lower power consumption.
>RX 5KABY

How big is the OC?
Was it 1450MHz where it's at Fury levels?
I'd buy one if they remained cheap.

so is AMD gonna make something to compete with the GTX 1070/1080/1080ti?
or are they just focusing on cpus this time around for the next 3-5 years?

Jesus Christ that comment section.
It's the same autism in this shitty board. Why don't you all leave?

youtube.com/watch?v=UtyaGppWknE

rx470/570 vs 1060 3 GB
rx480/580 vs 1060 6 GB
vega 11 vs 1070
vega 10 vs 1080 non ti

too bad it doesn't beat it, it competes most of the time however.

>why would you need more than a 1070 at the moment?
It's not that I need, it's that I want. I'd love to own a Titan X or whatever workstation-tier graphics card in my machine
t. nvidiafag

Why are AMD drones so stupid, why do they fall for this every single time.

Vega 10 is a 500-550 mm^2 chip with 512 GB/s bandwidth and 12-13 TFLOPS (fp32, with ~25 TFLOPS fp16).

There is no way it's not competing with TXP/1080 Ti (470 mm^2, ~480 GB/s, 10-11 TFLOPS) instead of 1080 (314 mm^2, 320 GB/s, 8-9 TFLOPS).

Earlier demo benchmarks are clearly low-clocked engineering samples or similar, or else AMD wouldn't even bother trying to market it as a gaming product.

not new, but fully reworked it seems, still the same backbone as gcn but without the gcn saturation issues.

>AMD has a super limited budget, would be impossible to do polaris and Vega at the same time, especially waiting on yields

no, the issue is amd hard lining it has to be hbm2 or nothing, which we can kind of see why now, and when hbm was not going to make it, they went through to improve it a bit more.

Nah, vega 10 will be slower than titan xp

Vega 10 will never match with 1080ti/Titan XP, it't a Fury 2.0 tier speculation.

nah, vega is largely a test bed for navi, and a enterprise solution for business, consumers are the last thing they give a shit about, but it's easiest to market to us.

no, especially if we don't get binned versions, but hitting 1400mhz, that's a fairly safe bet.

Fury was only a flop due to being designed for a lower process. Learn your shit