Why do we still need ISPs?

Why do we still need ISPs?
What do they actually do?

Why do we still need water, electric, gas companies?
What do they actually do?

Get the fuck off of my board.

ISP (Internet Service Provider) connects you to the internet.

They're setting up 1gbps networks in my city, via giant antennas. This is far cheaper than laying down fiber everywhere, but the range is quite limited.

It's just great to see real innovation and competition in the marketplace, despite what the libturds scream about muh net neutrality or privacy bullshit.

of course. you just couldn't hold back from bringing politics into it... gay for trumple cock or what?

They provide internet service

To lay the tubes.

I can't wait until mesh networking really takes off and kills these greedy ass ISP's.

All that's required to get the normsters on the mesh is get the technology into smartphones and these ISP's will be finished once and for all.

>fug, I wish I'd gotten the YouTube access add-on with my facebook package.

It's funny, because the same rhetoric was said in Venezuela 15 years ago about many industries. Hugo scared the rich little country that those ebil corporations will do ebil things to the people.

Today, they eat their pets... International companies are gone. Went from the highest GDP per capita in 1950 to worse-than-soviet-russia tier shithole. Hugo Chavez was the moderate one, Hollywood endorsed him.

The next revolution is 5G. It won't cost a whole lot to start a new ISP once 5G technology becomes progressively cheaper and longer ranged. Some of these antennas can cover a whole city and only cost $100,000 a piece.

The main issue in getting these antennas is you need approval from the FCC, which Trump wants to deregulate.

>5 megabytes of bonus data have been deposited into your Comcast account

You can't really expect that cartoon website would have adult users.
Adults don't have time for cartoons.

Our board now :)

They own the lines that connect you to the internet. You have to pay and register your information with them to use the Web unless you have the resources and permits to set up your own lines.

internet service providers provide internet service

I think everyone missed the point
ISPs are legacy

Privacy is what's stopping whites from succeeding. Kill all privacy cucks, they're holding back progress.

>The main issue in getting these antennas is you need approval from the FCC, which Trump wants to deregulate.
Spectrum has to be allocated, otherwise competing ISPs would just interfere with each other's equipment and nothing would work right.

Shit, came here to say this

how does getting your boypussy pounded over and over again in return for some features feel like?

You are thinking of it backwards, getting pounded is part of the fun.

Hmm, never looked at it that way

>Why do we still need ISPs?
>What do they actually do?

I'm with you user. Why should I get an ISP account when I can just use wifi

>The main issue in getting these antennas is you need approval from the FCC
Thank god we have bureaucrats to tell us what to do. I don't understand how anything got done before some fat bald fuck in business suit rubber stamped permission slips for us.

They were an oil state full of shitskins. Once they fucked their oil industry and the price fell, they were fucked either way.

Why did no one answer OP? I'm curious as well.

Yes, and the government charges $500000000000000 for it. The gov is in on it too.

Probably because the answer is found in 5 seconds on Wikipedia.

>go on wikipedia
>an internet service provider is a service that provides internet
I'm not reading something that retarded.

>send to jail for blocking ads
>getting fucked in the ass for real
Sounds great.

But thats what ISP do. It's literally what it means Internet Service Provider = ISP

Once satellite becomes fast, I'll be moving off the grid completely

they build infrastructure and maintain infrastructure and we rent infrastructure to use

>You literally pay your ISP so that they can collect information on you worth more than what you pay them.

>will 2050 finally be the year of the mesh network?

>not using a VPN

user, I...

>internet service provider
They provide you with Internet service, user

peering

if you're willing to do a mesh network, yes, they're useless

>wireless
enjoy your shitty internet and radiation