HAHAHAHAHA, Intel is going to release Skylake again in Q4

HAHAHAHAHA, Intel is going to release Skylake again in Q4

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Upgrade_Service
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>14nm++supremeo
>new LGA9001 socket
>support for new DRM tech

And once again it's still performing better than anything the competition is offering.

10nm is vaporware

Good goy.

I'll type up something I said in another thread.

Mainstream hexcores already confirmed. 15% over a 7700K would be a 3.5ghz~ hexcore. This is comparable to the 6850K.

Power use would be up in the 110 watt range. If you overclocked it to 5ghz like a 7700K it'd be drawing 300~ watts so that's a wash. Might be able to push 4.3-4.4ghz at around 200 watts power usage.

As a reminder octacore Ryzen pulls around 65 watts at 3.5ghz, and 100 watts at 3.8ghz. quickly gets bad past that though, 140 watts at 4ghz.

so they really want to kill their superiority image

The only thing they can do is stick on 4c8t and hope developers remain loyal to ST perf.

good goyim.

will it use the same 1151 socket? will a cheap h110m mainboard work?

pls respond

The next four years are going to hurt for Intel.

Let's hope their next architecture is netburst levels of shit.

Delid this

Whatever. Give me 5.1 to 5.4 oc range and a tiny tiny bit ipc uplift and it will be absolutely massive going from my 4 core no ht 2500k to that

>Mainstream hexcores already confirmed
You think people would just on the internet and lie?

WHO NEEDS SOURCES, AMMIRITE?

Shocking.

bump

>this is goy of EXCELLENT quality

what the fuck am i reading

is this some sort of software that unlocks your factory gimped processor?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Upgrade_Service

From reading the back of it that is exactly what it sounds like.

The CPU is limited and you need software just to unlock it and use it to its full potential.

Basically you get your cpu and need to buy the DLC to enjoy it fully.

This was experimental and never caught on.

>cherrypicking this hard

It's a dead end, unless they come up with a new arch on 10nm and improve their SMT.

It doesn't matter if it never caught on, the fact they considered it and it got far enough to receive something that looks this official ought to warn you about what Intel CPU dominance will lead to.

>experimental
It was fucking sold as an actual product mate.

held back development for infinite increments (late 90s), pay-for-unblocking, MEme engine,
you'd think that after all that, people would start giving competitors their money, cyrix via crusoe, but no, only change ever happaned when a competitor was able to please with slightly superior performance faggots like:
thats why we cant have nice things, people dont vote with their wallets to show companies what is unacceptable,

If I'm not mistaken the majority of processor cost comes from research and the fab. It doesn't cost intel much more to make a i7 than a i3, a 6950x is of course more expensive and sometimes they will laser off fucked up cores etc but I'm sure a 7600k is a 7700k disabled through software. They could do this right now, offer a $100 code to upgrade a i5 to a i7. People would freak out because they don't understand that the chips are sold in tiers as a way to sell more not because they cost significantly more to make. Once again I know about selling fucked up i7 as i3 but I'm sure this happens less than you might expect and probably doesn't happen at all as the process gets better. Only reason not to do this is customer lash out.

The roadmap is known and confirmed for the next 2 years, no surprises here.

Only mobile cpu tho, desktop parts will come in 2018. It will be a staged rolout, like KabyLake, but on a longer timeframe.

It's all the same architecture tho, all based on Broadwell with further optimisations.

Intel CPU Generation Comparison:
Intel Sandy Bridge Platform Intel Ivy Bridge Platform Intel Haswell Platform Intel Broadwell Platform Intel Skylake Platform Intel Kaby Lake Platform Intel Coffee Lake Platform Intel Cannonlake Platform
Processor Architecture Sandy Bridge Ivy Bridge Haswell Broadwell Skylake Kaby Lake Coffee Lake Cannonlake
Processor Process 32nm 22nm 22nm 14nm 14nm 14nm 14nm 10nm
Processors Cores (Max) 4 4 4 4 4 4 6 TBA
Platform Chipset 6-Series “Cougar Point” 7-Series “Panther Point” 8-Series “Lynx Point” 9-Series “Wild Cat Point” 100-Series “Sunrise Point” 200-Series “Union Point” 300-Series "Cannon-Lake PCH" TBA
Platform Socket LGA 1155 LGA 1155 LGA 1150 LGA 1150 LGA 1151 LGA 1151 TBA TBA
Memory Support DDR3 DDR3 DDR3 DDR3 DDR4/DDR3L DDR4/DDR3L DDR4 DDR4
TDPs 35-95W 35-77W 35-84W 65W 35-91W 35-91W TBA TBA
Thunderbolt Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Platform Desktop LGA Desktop LGA Desktop LGA Desktop LGA Desktop LGA Desktop LGA Desktop LGA Desktop LGA
Launch 2011 2012 2013-2014 2015 2015 2016-2017 2017-2018 2017-2018

>Oops ...

When will eurocom, sager, etc put out a ryzen 8 core laptop, with tdp capped to 45W ? I'm tired of my 8740w.

Audible chuckle. How did you even manage that

ONE SOCKET CHANGE A YEAR KEEPS THE GOYIM IN FEAR!

>socket
>tba
Kek

>a socket change a year keeps the goyim in fear

Why make a franken machine when actual mobile parts launch in six months?

> >15% better performance
fucking horseshit, I hate it when they do this shit

>If I'm not mistaken

No you are.

>It's another kind of 3% single threaded performance boost at the cost of 10% more power draw kind of episode