Python is the best general purpose language...

Python is the best general purpose language, it is quick to develop in and has a library for literally any feature you could ever need,

Sieg Heil install python

Other urls found in this thread:

benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/measurements.php?lang=python3
lorenzod8n.wordpress.com/2008/02/15/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Associating python with fascists
But the trains are going to run late if they're running on python user.

cool picture bro

That's the flag of Nazi Germany you idiot.

back to stormfront, faggot

>Python
Trash.

t. java_scriptkid

T. Nigger

benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/measurements.php?lang=python3
Literally garbage.

cool flag bro

>black symbol inside a white circle on top of eye cancer shade of red
The flag sucks. People only think it's cool because the Nazi's were cool.

>Nazi's were cool.
really?
losers are cool now?

where do I sign up?

your local synagogue

from shit import python

Perl / C / Ruby and the world is yours

Python's GC is so efficient it collects itself.

I agree. Python is fucking awesome.

>Complain about python
>But perl is good
Jesus

python is not backwards compatible
dont use this shit

>can't port python 2 programs
jesus christ dude
Everything I've ever needed, I've just added print() and changed a few libraries.
Unless you have some esoteric, huge codebase it's literally not a problem.

Also slow and inefficient, was literally designed so programmers can code quicker.

Which is why it's good.
Each language has its purpose.

>per hour cost of coder: $50
>per month cost of single server: $10

Pure economics.

>Perl
>ruby
gtfo

I truly don't get why Sup Forums goes full retard when it comes to Python.

It's know sheep simply regurgitate dogma from others, but where are they even getting the hate from in the first place? Python is very widely liked in tech.

muh low level

I'm a python programmer, I speak the truth as I wish.

GET GASSED FUCKING KIKE!

>muh slow language
lel

Since when you NEET fuckers need speed and efficient code when you fuckers can only FizzBuzz and watch vietnamese cartoons all fucking day?!

Sup Forums BTFO, how will they ever recover?

Truth is, Python is fast enough for 90% of the code you write, since it will be i/o bound, and it makes stupidly easy to write extensions in C or Cython for the 10% that really need performance

it pisses me off that people generally prototype all their complex shit in python and have it run fine yet Sup Forums calls it a shit / slow language.

Typical Python users..

>(Fascists). Communists. They want everything to be uniform. Indentation, coding style. Ideally everybody should use the same variable names. By the time Python 3000 comes out, Python programmers will be required wear the official Python uniform. There is a PEP about the official Python hairstyle, which will apply to both male and female programmers.

>lorenzod8n.wordpress.com/2008/02/15/

Not only prototyping... I have code running in production which uses the crazy fast Scikit-learn lib and the crazy good Flask web framework. No other language I know has production-ready scientific computation packages AND robust web frameworks

I know user but python is generally for prototyping.

I have a websocket server running 24/7 built entirely on python and asyncio.

>No other language I know has production-ready scientific computation packages AND robust web frameworks

I hope you are trolling..

Perl Data Language?
SciRuby?
And don't let me get started with Java...

Oh you Pythonistas never fail to amuse me.

Java I can accept, but SciRuby is largely unmaintained and has nowhere near the functionality of the SciPy stack.

Perl web frameworks, on the other side, are a joke near Django and Flask

Even the "normal" Ruby has pretty good functions out of the box, "scientific computing" is a very broad term, so it's impossible to tell what you mean.
But you can ALWAYS use C programs with Ruby in many differnt ways. Either external files or as "inline C", similar to "inline assembly" in C. And I hope you don't suggest that C has no scientific libraries.. ;)

Perl is a little bit old, but still runs on a lot of servers. BTW how many Perl web frameworks do you know? Yes, I thought so.

The reason why Python is popular for science is not because they are better or have something others don't. It simply historical reasons. Python was a few years earlier than Ruby (for example), and of course it's easier than i.e. Java or C.

But scientifically speaking it's more a matter of "positive feedback": the more scientists hear their colleagues use Python, the more use it.

Don't get me wrong, Python is not a bad language, but it's not like they are better than others. Today there are many good languages because the competition is much bigger.

It's just a tool like shell or C++ or Lisp, it's much more important to know what you do with this tool. Lot of people here don't even know advanced algorithms and data structures, calculus and other basic things but they like to talk about Haskell and criticise OOP.

>write some code in python
>oh, that one method's running a bit slow
>the rest of my code is performing adequately and I have no need for it to convert the entire program into another language though. that would be a waste of effort and decrease dev speed
>just convert said slow method to cython code, decorate with a few static types and compile as a python c extension
>oh look, said method now executes with c-speed. that was easy.

You know your idol founded Israel and attack Poland and other white countries with commies?
>american education
>poo in the loo sign