Why is IRC shit? Why are all of the "replacements" for IRC also shit?

Why is IRC shit? Why are all of the "replacements" for IRC also shit?

no, discord is fine

it sends messages, it receives messages. What's shit about that?

>discord is fine

cringe

>>>www.leddit.com

TFW you will never go on IRC for the first time in your life, finding a comfy group of people to be with for half of your childhood, getting to know them all by heart, and then losing them all when they slowly stop using IRC and then finally you are the only one left.

TFW:(

I know that feel all too well, user. Shit sucks.

I've come across a few open source projects that use slack instead of an IRC now. It works well functionally (multiple channels, easily upload multimedia/code samples, logs) but it can't beat the comfiness of IRC

I personally hate the monospace font while reading IRC. I think certain parts of text should be formatted much more differently, for example time in general should be smaller and less visible, and channel events should also be almost invisible.
Pic related, highlighted is all I want have in my face in a IRC. Everything else should be smaller and blend in with the background color.
>just customize it
Jesus Christ that's a mess to do for all of those things I want from a chatroom, and certain elements I want to be split change colors from a single value.

irc is incredible, you just suck.

>tfw i still have irc buddies and exchanged numbers with a few and keep in touch, while engaging in 3 or 4 active channels atm

how do you even find new IRC channels to browse? The only ones I ever went to were just chat groups from here

/list

when are you killing yourself?

>Op thought IRC is for social networking and chatting.

Go use facebook or twitter you faggot

>IRC isn't for social networking and chatting
you just don't know where to go.

irc is not a program/app

so get a better client you stupid fuck. could even run mirc+nnscript in wine like the babby you are

freenode is fucking trash

use rizon like everyone else worth talking to

irc is fine
discord is fine
you're all fat, autistic and stupid

Nobody wants to cater to you.

>join irc channel
>say something
>get banned
>join irc channel
>say nothing
>get banned

So what's your reason? Because everything new is bad? Or because you just don't have any friends online?

>all those leaked IPs
Are there any IRC servers that don't leak your IP?

the client is a giant piece of featureless shit

Has more features than any IRC client I've ever used. Keeps searchable chat history. Voice chat. Group chat. :^)

you can't even collapse/resize/minimize the server column

you can't use it on anything less than a widescreen

Join #developers on rizon
It's really good if you like anime!

Literally unplayable

>you can't use it on anything less than a widescreen
>boo hoo something doesn't cater to my depreciated resolution.

>you can't resize the window to be on the side of your monitor while you browse the internet or play games

you know, the way that literal billions of people have used chat clients in the past? remember the layout of AIM? AIM from 2005 is literally better than Discord in 2017 when it comes to visual design.

>set hidden/obfuscated usermode on your hostmask
>apply for a vhost if the network supports it
>use a bouncer

Acbn I didn't know you browse Sup Forums

join #baot on irc.rizon.net heh