What's the preferred way of physically sending large data now? I mean in the 15+ GB range

What's the preferred way of physically sending large data now? I mean in the 15+ GB range.

Blu-ray? Not a lot of people have Blu-ray drives. USB sticks are still expensive and I'm giving them a free device.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Kingston-Digital-Memory-SD10VG2-16GB/dp/B012GNQDWW
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Drag and drop MSN messenger

maybe this? not sure
amazon.com/Kingston-Digital-Memory-SD10VG2-16GB/dp/B012GNQDWW

First world internet. 15 GB should only take a few minutes.

A 64GB USB stick is like 10$

Split zip files on DVD-9 discs

4dvds

Just use the internet. Even with a 3rd world 100 Mbit/s connection it will be done in less then half an hour.

>USB sticks are still expensive
The hell they are.
They're borderline free at this point.

Ethernet
>Lack of reading comprehension

I get the feeling OP wants to give a lot of them away. Everything past $1 is unacceptable then.

>Unironically makes a sentence about """physically sending large data'''''.
>Accuses others of lack of reading comprehension.

How about you stop talking shit first.

torrents work fine

Could you give us some context? Why do you want to send physical data storage?

You can buy 16GB USB sticks for around 2$ on aliexpress.
If you buy them in bulk, I'm sure the price is even lower.

The internet

>third world 100 Mb/s

Are burgers really this delusional? Try 3 Mb/s

kek
even spess peepole at iss get 10/3 connection

>even spess peepole at iss get 10/3 connection
that's because they are in a secret film studio on earth

Burgers are third world in terms of internet connectivity. Actually, even just 100 MBit/s is considered quite high for burger standards.

This is true. Currently live in a rural area of murica where internet max speed is 25mbps on weekdays

t. Cumcast

Government organizations are money sinks, so they can afford decent Internet to spess people. If I had that kind of cash, I'd have pic related, but ~$200 USD for 100/5 is fucking retarded.

we have 500Mb/s in Poorland for 39zl/month (around 10$)
i though murrica was suposed to have high standard of living

They still sell games on DVD even if the game is over 25GB.

Normally I just set up a torrent, but if it's over 100gb it goes on the sneakernet
You can mail a USB drive practically anywhere in the country within a few days

>usb sticks
>expensive
u wot m8? If you're that cheap go to a convention, recruiting thing, whatever at your local uni and grab all the free ones kek.

Find the best tech solution for this:

>video editor lives in another state
>client on deadline so shipping USB drives back and forth isn't practical
>55GB of files
>getting these people to use torrents is like pulling teeth

But you probably have a 2GB bandwidth cap or some shit.

Also, 'murica's a big place. If you live in Los Angeles you probably can choose from between 10 ISPs, but if you live outside of a major city, you basically get fucked in the ass by whatever monopoly happened to reach your area first.

I got fucked by the HughesNet monolopy, but the AT&T monopoly finally came through. Fuck satellite internet and I'm sorry for anyone who has to pay for that shit.

Install Gentoo

Of course we all only use gentoo, what's next?

I was getting fucked by CenturyLink, but then I was miraculously able to switch to time warner. Never thought I'd like time warner, but after century link even they were a welcome change.

The "tech" solution would be to set up your video editing shit on a single computer which everyone connects to using remote desktop. (Unfortunately for Gentoo, VNC is a massive stinking pile of dogshit compared to RDP). You won't need to transfer files at all this way, and with a decent connection remote desktop is probably good enough to edit video, albeit with very stuttery sound and images.

Install Gentoo harder

Write a script that creates a VM, installs gentoo in the VM, then recursively runs itself in the VM

You are like babbies, are you on this level of slow?

How were you able to post that image, much less use the modern internet at all?

My internet works user, problem is realtime streaming only goes up to 480p so I'm kind of stuck in 2006 here

Are those the kind that look like 16GB to OSes, but crap out when putting anything over 2GB on them?

7zip and split that shit into 7.9GB chunks to fit on dl dvds

What is this trash tier chink garbage spam website

Go look up a company called Resilio! They have a free version that makes use of the bit torrent protocol and some of a bitch if that fucker doesn't throw data!

lol how the fuck do you physically send data through the internet?

scp

yeah don't do that. Just get bulk dl dvd spindles from verbatim. They're relatively cheap (1$/dl dvd on a 50 disc spindle) and highly reliable.

To store them just buy paper dvd sleeves and call it a day.

Look up a program called BTsync it auto syncs (full copies and delta's!) I used their pro version for a while then bought the big boy version and it screams! I actually maxed out a 1GB fiber connection. God dammit that was sexy!

I salute your valiant effort in posting that image.

cross over cable if the computers are within 100m

SNEAKERNET

credit card usb are pretty cheap. Hell you can ditch the card and just have the usb strip. Shit cost less than a buck if you it in bulk

*buy it in bulk