Which is more important for gaming?

Which is more important for gaming?

144hz or 4k Resolution?

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/11014/asus-demonstrates-rog-swift-pg27uq-4k-144-hz-hdr-dcip3-and-gsync
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

rope

144hz if u play cs. If not dont bother

The frequency imo
Some of the gains from high resolution can be sorted with AA with a lesser performance hit
Incidentally I think 1440p is where it's at

Depends on what kind of game. If its a fast paced game high refresh-rate will help a lot.

rofl

/thread

>4k Resolution
>important
LMAO

>shooter
refresh rate
>anything else
resolution
>also
sage

higher Hz is generally better for gaymen, but there should be UHD@120Hz by the end of the year anyway.

>144hz or 4k Resolution?

Neither.

The only thing important is staying above 60fps.

this.

i'm gonna play NieR Automata with 4K settings and ~30fps, whereas my CSGO game i'm playing on the lowest fucking everything possible at 500 fps, even though my monitor is only at 144

Be fun

depends on the game

high speed stuff like "twitch" shooters will benefit from higher refresh rates more than resolution

slower games with a lot of on-screen information like strategy games benefit from more resolution

1080p60fps is all you need.
anything higher is bullshit that looks smooth / good at first but then you get used to it like how you get used to 1080p60fps.

is right though. cs is the leading game that pushed for higher refresh rate monitors.
144hz is also only worth if you can push 144fps to begin with.

u know incidentally 144hz helps with exactly that. drops to 50 fps suddently don't feel unplayable. it's because each dropped frame is

You're a terrible human being for spreading malicious lies.

>I don't know how adaptivesync works or what it's for

The post.

Both are overrated.
Maybe if you're talking about cs 1.5/1.6
Beyond that it's not as big of a deal as most people make it out to be. I know it can make a difference but 99% of the time it doesn't make a difference.
People who play at higher fps and refresh rates think it makes a huge difference because their eyes adapt to it and when going down to lower values it's painful. But eyes do NOT have refresh rates in the same way computer monitors do. You can adapt to 60fps with 60Hz and still be extremely competitive.

99% of people are too scrubby to need anything over 60hz

did u read my post retard
(((g)))sync is a meme

4k if you watch movies
144hz if you play games

144hz
If you are comparing against 4k, why not compare 4k and 240hz.

you don't game enough to realize that it is not overrated, its a fucking game changer if you play FPSes (144hz I mean)

4k looks decent but i do agree that THAT is overrated

anandtech.com/show/11014/asus-demonstrates-rog-swift-pg27uq-4k-144-hz-hdr-dcip3-and-gsync

4K 120Hz

>he wasted money on g-sync
everyone laugh at this retard

>you don't game enough
How on earth can you draw that conclusion?
You think every single gamer in the world has tried a 144hz monitor?

I play online FPS games like crazy and the only cases in which I feel like it would make a difference is something like Quake's lightning gun, where every frame might make a difference.

But definitely not CS, even with guns like the awp if you really rely on extremely smooth motion to aim properly then you are not going to get the shot off faster than me.
I could have someone in the corner of my monitor, you could put a blindfold on me and I'd still get the kill. It's all muscle memory.
I've always had shitty comps to game on most of my life, and still frequently top scoreboards with 30-40fps

144hz for flash games. Higher than standard resolutions are placebo, so 1440p+ for gaming is a meme. You should just get 2 monitors if you multitask.

>flash
Fast*

Enormous frame rates does not alleviate tearing.

Here's a clue. Freesync.

having fun!

For gaming, 144Hz.

For general computer use, 4K.

>For general computer use, 4K.
>use 4K
It's literally a meme.

Since when is more desktop real estate and sharper text a meme?

4k is good but so much penalty.
120-144hz on 1440p is currently the best experience. Anyway you need beefy hardware to do so

Whatever you enjoy the most.

is there "soap opera effect" on monitors that are advertised as +60(tm) but arent genuine +60hz like there is on tv's that do the advertise the same thing ? im talking about on videos/movies

CS is slow as fuck, what the fuck are you talking about. Try UT or Quake

This. In CS you can look in someone's direction to kill them, kill time is faster than Call of Duty. You need that Hz for UT and Quake, which are faster and kill times are usually much much longer.

144 Hz @1080p. You can always render the game at 4K whenever you feel like it and it will smooth the jaggies out when it downscales, and it looks great. 4K isn't worth it until we have GPUs and CPUs that can run modern games at 144 Hz. Skip 1440p and wait until 4K replaces 1080p as the standard. Hz > Res

instead of 4k just do 2k at 144hz its a happy medium about 400-600

isn't 2k just a dumb way to refer to 1080p

for some godawful stupid reason they randomly changed from naming things based on vertical resolution to horizontal
so 1080p is 1920x1080 but 4k is 3840x2160

4k.
Enjoy your jaggies blind boy.
Would you like some Yify encodes with that?

fuck off trip fag

>tfw can build a rig that can do 4k, or can buy a 4k monitor can't afford both.
I don't get what to do.
I need a new computer bad, so I'm thinking just build a nice rig on a proper cpu and then just go with like a 1060-1070 tier card until i can afford both a 4k monitor and gpu to support it. I want hdr anyway.

I think we're at the point where game art doesn't meet technical capacity. I don't care how high-res you can render a 512x512 texture or how smoothly you can display a 10-frame animation.

>not to mention the actual artistic quality and not just the technical quality
>andromeda

I really only give/gave a shit about 144hz when I was really into CS.
After that I just wanted my eye candy

>512x512 textures
>10 frame animation
Did i just move to a parrelt timeline where we have 4k 144hz, but it's only 2007?

Not the person you replied to but what is the going rate for texture size nowadays? I haven't read up on that stuff in a while.

>hyperbole
my point is hi-res shit is still shit

2k-4k.
But a common trend is just to blend together a bunch of smaller resolution textures blended together.
How?

Nah I only play flash games and bloons tower defense 5 is buttery smooth at 144hz

Because 2160p only sound 2x bigger than 1080p. And 2K/4K is a lot easier for an uninterested consumer to remember than arbitrary four-digit numbers.

If you say 4k is a meme you either are to poor to afford a 4k monitor or have never tried one. Photo and video editing on an ips 4k monitor is so nice. But I also have a 144hz monitor mainly for gaming. Get a cheap 144hz 1080 for gaming and a nice 4k or 1440 ips for work and movies. Best of both worlds.

Does anyone sell matching 4k60 and 1080p144 displays that look identical and are exactly the same size?

Gameplay