Robotics

what do you guys think of this robot I built?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tPhVWzxZ04Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

here's the video of it working

youtube.com/watch?v=tPhVWzxZ04Q

it's excellent at producing noise

yeah I guess

Westworld is closer than I thought

It needs friggin lasers

you should post in /diy/ they appreciate that kind of stuff. Sup Forums only likes traps and desktops

So autistic

Love the quirky look of it. I think it's pretty cool.
Good job user.

This is a robot I'm currently working on. Its ESP8266 based using one dollar Chinese SG90 servos. Sorry for the fucked up scale, i'm using a shitty android webm converter.

Funny little thing, what parts did you use?

but why didn't you just use a FUCKING WHEEL

will it learn to walk through machine learning?

great dancing skills..

HS-311 standard size hitec servos for the legs, two for each leg, and an arduino uno

That's very very impressive. Mine requires heftier servos, It's impressive that you did that with SG90s

thanks!

elementary school trash tier

Finally something on Sup Forums that's interesting.

Thanks man, nice to hear that sometimes. I'm using 3d printed parts with a very low infill value, so it's pretty light weight.

aww he walks so retarded it's cute

I like him

I want to get a 3d printer soon, designing stuff is a fucking nightmare though I hate 3d design & am retarded

I'm learning still as well. Just start in Solid Works, you'll pick it up in no time, if you keep looking up what you don't understand. You'll get there step by step. I believe in you.

Great work with the leg mechanic by the way, it's very cool.

If i can give you a tip, move the legs diagonally opposed at the same time, one set through the air when the other set is moving on the ground, like how a tortoise walks.

I'm not OP but thx for the believing in me
I've done software and automated systems (welding, building, coding, plumbing) for 15 years but idk I just can't stand 3d design.. sketchup was "ok" and I'd rather learn blender than solid works. I can mess around with something created in blender but I wish there was a program where I can just put in X,Y,Z coordinates of all my points of an object and it just draw it for me

like coordinates:
would be a 2D square going from the center (0,0,0) to up & right on a grid

and if I wanted to 3D that I would just have to add the same points, but with a depth of 1 on the Z axis

this would have the 8 points of a 3d square

no program can do that?

That's kinda how solidworks works(hehe). You draw using dimensions and relations, it's really a sort of puzzle. Blender is more freeform. I like soldworks way more than I like blender. Especially for mechanical stuff.

You need to read an obj file in a text editor, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Looks like a bomb

>tfw I want to do it in a program and see my amazing lines I create as I put in numbers

Why don't you bring it to white house Ahmed?

You'd still have to tell it how to connect the points tho.

Teach it to jump.