User. Why are you not blocking referrers?

user. Why are you not blocking referrers?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/gorhill/uMatrix/issues/32
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

user. Why do you care?

user. Why do you live?

Because you go through the effort of using an adblocker to prevent data collection, yet freely give out your site traffic anyways.
To save you from yourself.

user. Why don't you get rid of your faggotry?

The moment you stop feeding data scrapers.

Why am I should do it?

You may not think it be like it is, but it do

Ever get a 403?
Block referrers.
The Referrer knows where it is at all times. It knows this because it knows where it isn't, by subtracting where it is, from where it isn't, or where it isn't, from where it is, whichever is greater, it obtains a difference, or deviation. The header sub-system uses deviations to generate commands to send data from a position where it is, to a position where it isn't, and arriving at a position where it wasn't, it now is. Consequently, the position where it is, is now the position that it wasn't, and it follows that the position where it was, is now the position that it isn't. In the event of the position that it is in is not the position that it wasn't, the system has required a variation. The variation being the difference between where the Referrer is, and where it wasn't. If variation is considered to be a significant factor by data collectors, it too, may be collected by the FBI, CIA, NSA, AD Agency's, your Mom, and others that may wish to use it against you. However, the Referrer must also know where it was.

To protect yourself you must interject.

The Referrer guidance computation manipulation scenario works as follows: Because the User has modified some of the information the Referrer has obtained. Thus becomes not sure just where it is, however it is sure where it isn't, within reason, and thinks it knows where it was. It now subracts where it should be, from where it wasn't, or vice versa. By differentiating this from the algebraic sum of where it shouldn't be, and where it was. It is able to obtain a deviation, and a variation, which is sent to the desired website. This tactic is called "spoofing"

layman plz

When visiting a webpage, the referrer or referring page is the URL of the previous webpage from which a link was followed.
A referrer is the URL of a previous item which led to this request. The referrer for an image, for example, is generally the HTML page on which it is to be displayed. The referrer field is an optional part of the HTTP request sent by the web browser to the web server.

Many websites log referrers as part of their attempt to TRACK USERS. Most web log analysis software can process this information. Because referrer information can violate privacy, some web browsers allow the user to disable the sending of referrer information. Some proxy and firewall software will also filter out referrer information, to avoid leaking the location of non-public websites. This can, in turn, cause problems: some web servers block parts of their website to web browsers that do not send the right referrer information, in an attempt to prevent deep linking or unauthorised use of images (bandwidth theft). Some proxy software has the ability to give the top-level address of the target website as the referrer, which usually prevents these problems while still not divulging the user's last-visited website.

Most web servers maintain logs of all traffic, and record the HTTP referrer sent by the web browser for each request. This raises a number of privacy concerns, and as a result, a number of systems to prevent web servers being sent the real referring URL have been developed. These systems work either by blanking the referrer field or by replacing it with inaccurate data.
If a website is accessed from a HTTPS connection and a link points to anywhere except another secure location, then the referrer field is not sent. But is sent if it's another HTTPS.

Basically you're pwnd if you're not using a blocker on your browser.

I've been using refcontrol for years, fgt.

uBlock Origin is NOT an "ad blocker": it is a wide-spectrum blocker -- which happens to be able to function as a mere "ad blocker". The default behavior of uBlock Origin when newly installed is to block ads, trackers and malware sites -- through EasyList, EasyPrivacy, Peter Lowe’s ad/tracking/malware servers, various lists of malware sites, and uBlock Origin's own filter lists.

But does it block referrers, smart guy.

Didn't think so, faggot.
As do I. Normally I refuse to use addon's and plugins, the whole scene is sketchy. But it's privacy I'm looking for, so was worth the momentary risk on install.

I don't think addons are nearly as dangerous if you get them off the official addon store and they have more than a few good reviews.

(This post is just an excuse to post more Karen)

>the missile copypasta
You're a fucking god

But I do? Stupid anime poster.

Hai domo~

Virtual youtuber Kizuna Ai desu

Great, go yonder and spread thy message. So that all peoples are free. [spoiler]except Niggers and Jews. Don't question why, it's just better this way[/spoiler]
Kon'nichiwa desu~

umatrix has the option to block all refers

But comes with the catch of installing umatrix on buieyful computer.

Why would I?

Checked.

Because the better you hide your data the more value it gains.
>but muh IPS sells that
But that's YOUR data. You should be fighting to the rights over it and to sell it at what ever price you choose.
Do you pay to do surveys? No. You ISP should be paying you for the time and effort that you put into making your data.
This is a easy case to make. And in the land of the free. Stupidly easy to win.

Blocking referrers also prevents Moderators power tripping, by knowing where you've been, or came from.
Helpful in raids.
You wouldn't help a mod bully you, would you?

I thought Sup Forums was meant to care about internet privacy.
Sure as fuk most of you aren't blocking referrers.
KEKS
Every last one of ya's.

I learned something today, thank you user.

So just use https then?

HTTPS to HTTP = No referrer sent.
HTTP to HTTPS = referrer sent.
HTTPS to HTTPS = referrer sent.

You need to manually block this function.

You're welcome.
See, user has the capacity to learn new things. Be like user, user.

wizard chan does not let me post if i block referrers unless i use an addon. i have a stupid OCD regarding those so i can't browse peacefully with them on.

Why are you choosing a site that does not respect you freedoms?
You have the right to run what code you want on your PC. It does not affect them. Unless they're selling your data.

How to block referrers with ublock? or do i need other addon?

RefControl it's an extension. If not available for your choice of browser, google "Referrer blocker".

I currently use RefControl. It's easy to figure out. And has basic options such as flat out blocking any referrers. to forging the referrer to look like you found the content from said site.

So if someone post a Imgur link to a non Imgur page. When you click it it'll lie and say you got said link from Imgur, not what ever site you were on.
Also site specific options.

Having HTTPS everywhere, a good Ad Blocker, and referrer blocking should be the web browsing trifecta for normal users.

Shit taste.
Good taste.

>only three aren't a (You)

>osaka
>"shit taste"
how does it feel to be so wrong?

I'm bumping this thread and no one can stop me!
'(This post is just an excuse to post more Karen)'

There is literally nothing wrong with umatrix.

Does it throw up a numeric indicator of Ads/trackers blocked on a given page?
Are there additional user contributed lists to add to the blocker, so you're not reliant on staff remaining un-corrupted?
If yes to the first, add "Ublock Origin" Not "Ublock". Must be "Ublock Origin" and compare the counts on a common/popular news site. Then add additional lists via Ublock Origins menu. Compare again.

I've done a few before and it comes out head and shoulders. Your turn.

The level of content blocking on ublock origin is very limiting compared to umatrix.

Got some links for me to have a squizz at? I've not encountered this. But it is a World Wide Web, so it's not hard to miss something.

github.com/gorhill/uMatrix/issues/32
Gorhill gave a nice comparison here. Ublock is a simple install and forget blocker, it's limited in scope of how much you can block, but you can still get a fair degree of blocking. Umatrix is for people who want unlimited control over what they block thanks to matrix filtering. That's not to say you cannot use both at the same time.

Ok, now I am blocking the refer.

I really like Karen.

Ohhhh. They're significantly different. Thanks user. There's a fair bit to wrap my head around, but I will get to it.
With the addition of referrer blocking, it's worth looking into as a 'one stop shop' of sorts.
But I've got to get to it's nitty gritty. There's always a weird push me pull you catch. Hopefully in uMatrix's favor.
Can't remember quite what it was, but it got a really bad rap a while back.

Thanks user. You're moving closer to Stallman.

She's really fun.

Why are you such a feminine sissy faggot?

It's a boy (girl)

I'm a cute girl tho.

FtM is lame
cute girls are friendly and flirty with boys tho, you must be lying

>he doesn't like looking at the female form
I dunno user. I dunno.
Why must you follow what's supposedly should be the male mentality?
Let loose and be comfortable. Be silly with your missus. You might actually enjoy it. I know I did.

Shut up and bend over sissy

You're not my real Dad!

I am your daddy tho
Now get on your knees you cock hungry femboy slut

I NEED AN ADULT

are you lost little girl?

One more way to get fingerprinted.

If Ai-chan desires it I'll do anything for her!!

If you have an final solution, please feel free to share it with us.
Also, finger printing in the from of annalist of page hits with zero referrers?
I'm gonna need more information on this.

I'll be looking into browser spoofing and general fingerprinting.

On Firefox you don't need any add-on.

about:config is your friend.

Cool. Didn't even think to check that.
I can imagine a few places they'll become a issue, wen you need a rreferrer from a specific place, yet can obtain the link elsewhere.
But all in all, good job Firefox.

>referrers
>Clicking external links ever.