/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/File:1316372662626.png
youtube.com/watch?v=wNhuXQyyBr8
youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4
youtube.com/watch?v=JN88Rxy2xFI
mojosakun.word
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ASSEMBLE

what makes closed back worse? does open back mimic a full stereo setup better?

Headphone drivers are transducers. They convert electricity into movement. And what is it moving? Air. With closed cans, you have a limited amount of air inside of the headphone. Hence, you can't properly move a lot of air and back of the headphone creates a low pressure region which opposes the movement of the membrane. It's a mess to model properly.

Incidentally, if you've ever wondered why every IEM has a little hole somewhere, that's why.

I think most of the people don't need closed-back phones. Even in an office, if you don't blast the audio, people even 6ft away won't heat a thing.If you live in a noisy dormroom, once you put the music on, you won't hear a thing around you.

Closed is a must for air-travel, active noise cancellation situations, monitoring audio/microphones, airplane pilots, gaymer headsets and so on.

Evening.

>This driver matching
Hey /hpg/, why are HD 600s supposed to be the end all, be all pair of headphones?

muh trustyfucks, muh poorfaggotry, muh unemployment, muh autism, muh constant butthurt
anyway, another pic to add to ignore filter.

You didn't answer the question.

I'm getting open backs soon, but i wanna get an in line mic for it too
would it relay my audio like a kinect mic?

You can always wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/File:1316372662626.png

This actually doesn't look bad for a closed-back.

I wish I was memeing right now..

>3 posters
Kek. Did you samefaggot.

what do they sound like?

Sure, assembling.

They sound just like the usual earpods, maybe a little bit better.
They're godly if you have an iphone/macbook tho.

Hey /hpg/, is this a good frequency response?

X is fun to listen to from time to time, but you cant be serious

subjective, but i wouldn't mind it going a bit longer before dropping on the bass.

Ok, I was kidding about the X part. I've been listening to a lot of his shit lately.
Madvillainy is my personal favorite, btw

This is a good frequency response.

>Budget Less than 40$
>Location US
>Source PC, 3.5mm, usb2 and 3
>Type of headphone full sized with mic
>closed
>Comfort level idgaf as long as my ears dont fall off
>Past headphones gamecom 870, would still be using but i sat on them. Also wire got twisted and got fucked up.
>It needs a mic

And this is not.
FR in question are HD 600s.

Yep. It's the HE-400i.
>Inb4 turbobutthurt autistic sennshill from last thread gets triggered again.

m20x with some chinese $1 mic

What does /hpg/ think of loudspeakers?

Their performance relies too much on room layout and acoustics in my opinion. You have to put substantially more effort and possibly money into getting a good sound.

Picked a pair of these up. How did I do?

Good evening, /hpg/.

are you trying to make people angry?

Sup

I won't be satisfied by normal dynamic drivers anymore!

Love you guise. I'll make one up when I get home. No one took my waifu yet.

I have a quickie. What does "Sound Enhancer" in iTunes do? I really like what it does but it seems like magic since I have no idea how it works.

Also, do you guys enable Replay Gain? Pros/cons?

>Budget
$120
>Location
USA
>Source
PC, currently no amp/dac
>Type of headphone
Full-size Circumaural
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Comfort is a must, will be using for extended periods of time.
>Sound signature
Bassy or V-Shaped
>Past headphones
Logitech G230, because poor kid. Although I do enjoy the fit. They lasted about 3 years, but one driver has gone out and I figure I might as well upgrade quality significantly while replacing them.

So is there a problem with using a modi 2u alone, without a magni? I would need an RCA to 3.5mm, right? or is there some other standalone DAC that works better alone?

fuck, I'm retarded.

why do so many people here like faggot anime osts
like romance shit or pedo anime
only respectable anime ost is evangelion stuff

>anime
>respectable
choose only one.

save extra $30 and buy v-moda.

Anything Vmoda or Custom One Pro

Who the fuck sits like that

kek

Only one more day until the weekend!

Cute anime girls obviously

where do I find good music

You guys prefer musicbee or foobar. I'm using musicbee right now, it's skips around on this one album that I have in 24/192 but nothing else. Not sure if it's the player of the laptop.

They aren't bad at all. Comfy, decent build and well priced for the sound quality. Better monitoring headphone than M50x by far. Potentially better than 7506's depending on the situation.

If you don't mind the recessed upper mids/lower highs, sure.

Planars are still dynamic drivers.

Hyper X Cloud if you can find them cheap enough, otherwise just get some IEMs with an inline mic.

Everything else will sound shit.

If you want to dump ~1.5V into your headphones without volume control, sure.

Foobar. Musicbee is garbage in my opinion. UI is aids and is harder to customize properly than foobar [how the fuck do you even manage that??]

>ost
youtube.com/watch?v=wNhuXQyyBr8
youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4
youtube.com/watch?v=JN88Rxy2xFI

Eh, anything by Yoko Kanno is great.

My musicbee has a problem where I'll listen to a podcast for roughly 10 minutes or so and the program will start the next episode. I've googled it (no answers) and unistalled but I can't find a solution. Because of this I switched back to foobar.

ya just meming
i also like trigun ost
>I AM RORIKON XD

Rather have that than 10db bass roll off sapping vocal fullness.

>where do I find good music
depends on what kind of music you like.

YouTube. Not to listen to, but its a good place for just discovering shit. Find well encoded MP3's or lossless files of the songs you like afterwards.

Kek. Go back to your cancer board, dumb anime poster.

>All user can do is respond with smug anime faces
Kek. Look at yourself; off you go now.

just watch rage

you hate anime yet you waste your life away on an anime site arguing with anime fans. and you call others dumb. lmao.

That's a pretty cool floor.

>eva
reddit
>Kek
reddit

Total baka.

Ayy
Kek. I'm only talking to you. Likes attract, don't you know?

>telling a weeb to fuck off on a Chinese board
>mfw

>stupid, dumb, gaijin scum btfo again
feels great

Mmmm... Look at these degenerates.

GIRUGAMESH!!!!!

there's a few total retards in these threads. that guy is one of them. imagine how fucking retarded you have to be to seek out an anime site and then post there and hate on anime and waste your life away like that. it's like going on some gay site and complain about gays and waste your life away arguing against gayness.

look in a mirror buddy boy

>BTFO
>Through anime faces
Can anime poster be any more dumb?

kiddo, you're mad and nobody else in the thread supports you
you walk a lonely road, senpai

>Mad
>Unironically taking time to make this masterpiece

after what.cd went away, I didn't bother finding a new PT for music so I just download mastered for itunes albums now. better than FLAC from CDs that are all overcompressed.

my go-to site is

mojosakun.word
press.com/

for j-pop and other excellent music from japan.

j-pop and other anime and japanese music is better than garbage that comes out of California.

not me, buddy
like i said many posters here think you're a dipshit
which you are, ofc

i wouldn't call this an "anime site", this board in particular seems to have more normal people

I guess it was silly to come to the weeb headphone general though

Ayyy, whatever you say, friendo.

(and get upset about the loads of smug animu faces)

you are silly

ok im confused now
were you the guy everyone was posting anime faces at but now you're doing it too

>Upset
Now you're just projecting, user.

>this board in particular seems to have more normal people
you're fucking delusional. seek help... of the mental kind. and reevaluate your life's choices. figure out why you are punishing yourself by surrounding yourself with things you hate.

this is clearly mental illness of some kind. get an appointment with a shrink to figure out what it is and get it treated.

Oh shit, user's getting riled up now.

>riled up
I guess that's your point. You're always seeking attention. I'll put you on ignore now. And I'll report so maybe some mod will finally ban you.

im not the guy you were all getting mad at
i don't really mind animu faces, but I didn't mean to derail your thread about headphones by jokingly talking shit about bad music
u guys wanna talk about some headphones and stuff?!?!?!?

Gotta love filters... it's so easy to get rid of mentally ill people.

Kek. Now off you go and meet up with your kind. I guess some anime posters really does get this riled up, don't they?
user has to use filters to prevent getting too madhurt. Kek.
Now let's go back to headphone discussions. What are the best $250 headphones and why are they Sennheisers?

And we go from manbabies fighting over anime to sennshilling, nice

*snap*
Huh? What was that? Were those your headphones, user? Oh user, didn't you learn the last 20 times you bought sennheisers?

wuts bad about sennheiser
i wanna get hd598se after i get my new pc
is that a wise decision

They snap, user. They snap.

Fuck off, Sennheiser haters. HD 598s are the best headphones for ~$200 and no amount of shitposting or snapheiser posting can stop that. Plastic is thick and not made out of chink shit like some anons make it to be; plastic is good and actually one of the more premium kind of plastic. Not to mention, soundstage is amazingly wide and its frequency response is straighter than a straight man's dick.

What kind of headphone do you want?

598s have the worst veil out of any shitheiser, which is really saying something

I wouldn't buy them for their sale price of $100, let alone full MSRP of $200.

Holy shit those digits. Confirmed true.