Is this build Sup Forums approved?

is this build Sup Forums approved?

things of note
>edit videos for $ but primary focus is for gaming
>currently have 16 GB of RAM and reach max usage, need more (hence 32)
>already have 10TB of hard drive space, need more
>prefer to always have an optical drive, blu-ray because the standard probably won't be changing any time soon
>have wired connection but want wireless card
>don't really know much about new mouse and keyboards

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/product/Fgwqqs/seasonic-power-supply-ss650km3
pcpartpicker.com/product/R7V48d/seasonic-power-supply-ssr650rm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>buying anything above the 1700
literally why
The 1700 overclocks exactly the same as 1700x and 1800x

Also, I'd make sure your ram kit is capable of running 3200hz.
I have some 3200 TridentZ that work with my ryzen build

I'd go with the i7 7700k. Faster in games, cheaper, and still runs with the 8 core Ryzen in encoding.

Why are you getting a 2TB Caviar Black when you can get 5TB drives for cheaper? Unless you have another and you're gonna RAID them, look into externals. Perversely, hard drives are cheaper with an enclosure, SATA to USB bridge, and power supply than they are bare.

The rest looks good. I don't know about keyboards either -- I've been using the same one since 1999.

Oh, I'm probably going to upgrade my 50" Panasonic to a 4K 60" or 65" anyone have suggestions for that? Staying under $1000 for the television. I've seen some around $700 at Walmart. I don't really know much. Anyone have thoughts on that?

I thought about the 7700k, but half of Sup Forums keeps saying Ryzen is the better choice. I'm very torn on the matter. I have some external HDDs already, I just thought I'd get another. Black series is still the best WD isn't it? I just want something I know is going to hold up to many reads and writes for years.

Hm, good to know. That shaves off a few dollars. As far as I know, Ryzen maxes with 3200 RAM right? I am assuming the RAM I picked works fine with that mobo, is there evidence of the contrary?

Benches are close so the AMDrones will shill it regardless of the cost. i7 is cheaper with cheaper mobo options, so I don't see paying more just because AMD came out with the same thing 18 months later than the 6700/7700k for more money.

2TB Caviar Black will work if you for some reason want 2TB. I have 15TB and couldn't see getting another 2TB unless I picked it up for $20. (And that's not exaggerating).
If all you need is some internal space you can save yourself a ton of cash getting a 1TB Seagate. If you're looking to add to the 10TB, 4 or 5TB drives are where it's at.

Updated build, thoughts?

I'm ok with this.

Awesome, thanks

Anyone have suggestions for a 60" or 65" 4K tv? I'm not wanting a plasma; the one I'm using, I got in 2011 and it has had burn-in for years. Great for movies, terrible for games with UIs.

keep in mind that at the moment ryzen seems to really struggle getting close to even ddr 2900 memory. they might fix it with bios updates but at the moment you won't hit 3200 .

other than that ryzen is really really good , i just built mine today.

why are you getting x370 over b350 chipset?
you aren't using SLI/Crossfire or more than 2 m.2 drives

>TV
Probably the wrong board for that. Mostly internet addicts here.
They come out with new TV lines every year and something that large is a major purchase, so you're probably not going to find a group of many people anywhere with a current year 65". All we can really do is google reviews, which you can do yourself.

I've used a 50" as a monitor for over 6 years, I know plenty of others have to have upgraded by now too. Googling reviews can be tedious for how many fake ones there are... just asking if anyone has experiences, good or bad, with televisions around the size I'm looking for.

That's a good point. Mainly for potential expansion I suppose. I might change that since I very most likely will not SLI with 1080 Ti.

>Throwing yourself under the bus and buying Ryzen for approval on Sup Forums
smart

Well I have a Sony 65" 4k and it has 60fps interpolation I can't figure out how to turn off.

swap the cooler for d15 am4 edition as it comes with the correct mounting thingies and the fans are all PWM (some new mobos can't control DC fans)

>muh 3% faster

you just need samsung single rank memory on non-Asus boards, people have pushed 3733mhz but 3200mhz kits are ez

and when you get into GPU limited scenarios the higher minfps comes out of the woodwork

So you're saying OP needs a $500 processor needing a ton of fiddling to equal a $310 Intel.

or just get a 1700 and OC it to 4ghz and get identical performance

btw the 1800X is the stock clock will allcore to 3.7ghz, turbo to 4ghz, but XFR will take a core or two to 4.1ghz; so in a few games (AssCreed, Mafia 3) a stock clocked 1800X beats a 4ghz overclocked 1800X by a tiny percent

Results at higher resolutions show that Ryzen is performing better, why is that? I thought the whole point of reviewers testing at 768p was to test the CPU performance and the order would be the same even when the GPU becomes the bottleneck (which usually is the case). Is the workload at higher resolutions different and more demanding and that's why Intels can't keep up?

Yeah more draw calls and Ryzen has more resources to pull from when shit gets really busy and threaded so it gets higher mins. When the GPU is the bottleneck usually, CPU mins matter more.

Thanks, I'll probably be avoiding Sony just because of their prices.

Good to know, thanks.

he's making a video editing workstation, not a gaymen machine

>video editing workstation
It might be a stretch to call it that, but yeah, enough takes place to warrant me getting a Ryzen. That being said, I will still probably end up doing more gaymen because I am a mountain troll. From what I've gathered, and please correct me if I'm wrong on this, the Ryzen's additional cores and multi-threading make it better for editing. I'll be upgrading from an i7 920 I got upon release. I want it to last as long as possible.

Time is tickin' Sup Forums

I'm probably going to wait another 52 minutes before I order shit. Anyone have last minute comments?

PSU is shit
pcpartpicker.com/product/Fgwqqs/seasonic-power-supply-ss650km3
pcpartpicker.com/product/R7V48d/seasonic-power-supply-ssr650rm

Why is it shit? I'm 100% getting fully modular. SeaSonic is definitely a good brand, thanks for the suggestion.

you'll get acceptable performance in games, and you'll get an absurd performance improvement in video editing from what you have now

>fell asleep

>still runs with Ryzen in encoding
No. Encoding performance encodes almost linearly with core count, and Ryzen's IPC is really close to Intel, if not faster. Clockspeeds is where it's defeated. But, still, 8 @ 3.5-4.0 is better than 4 @ 4.2-4.8.