How is flag burning treated in your country?

How is flag burning treated in your country?
It's illegal in several states in America

It is illegal in the first world country.

shit movie

Well, you can burn our flag, if the burning is done in the purpose of disposing of an old, worn out flag. The other way to legally dispose or destroy the Finnish flag is to shread it to unrecognizeable pieces.

same here in burgerland minus the tearing part

Don't know. I'd imagine it would end up badly for you, if others find out. If you want to dispose of an old flag, you would have to cut out the three colours from each other. Then burn the three bands separately.

People would think you are hungarian and beat the shit out of you

>it's illegal in some countries to burn a piece of cloth

>burning a sun

>burning toothpaste

>It's illegal in several states in America
Except those laws are no longer valid through a supreme court ruling. Burning the flag is protected under the first amendment. Only retards try to make burning a piece of cloth illegal.

It is not illegal, but almost no one approves it.

Isn't it (Law 5.700/71)?

If it is illegal to WEAR our flag, what to say about burning.

Nobody hates NL.
The only pictures of our flag burning is from
1. some Russians pretending to be Ukranian threatening us
2. pictures of people who didn't like Fitna (Wilders movie about Islam)

Therefore way too few flags of ours are burned for the government to take a stance.

not sure why anyone would want to burn our own flag here. other than the prods up north, but thats another country and we're accustomed to that and barely even notice it anymore

probably flip my shit if I saw some kebabs or leftie antifa-types doing it here like you see in the UK/Sweden/France though etc

What would flipping your shit do to improve the situation? They'd still hate your country and probably even more so after that. I understand that it can be offensive and I wouldn't want to have any interactions with someone who did that, but other than that I can't honestly say that I care.

it would let them know its not okay to do shit like that without some blowback

I fully agree that if they're citizens then they can burn as many flags as they want wherever they want, but just cause you can doesn't mean you won't come up with strong equally legal opposition in the process

Burning the flag is the way you're supposed to retire old flags here. So I guess it's legal so long as you're retiring it.

Flag burning is absolutely not illegal in any states of America.

Flag burning is considered free speech, protected by our Constitution. Federal Government law trumps state law in all cases, based on the superiority clause.

Any state that passes an anti-flag burning law is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

The only special case is that you must burn a flag that is your property.
If you take down the flag from a government-owned building and burn it, you burned public property and will face charges for it.

I saw an American flip his shit cus he saw someone wearing the American flag as a cape. Is that seen as disrespectful in the US?

if you do it on the street (except for south-east) you better have some back up to save your ass. flag is quite sacred in turkish culture

you go to prison.

couple years back there was some russian idiot who trampled on a german flag after they won against argentina. i beat the fucker senseless. he had it coming of course because for being an obnoxious retard, but the flag desecration was the final drop.

Wearing a flag as clothing is of poor taste, and in the military people would slap your shit for it.

In public no one can stop you but everyone can glare at you.

Some autist might pick a fight though.

edgy

>after they won against argentina
in fifa world cup that is...

>edgy
i hope you mean desecrating a flag

i don't know about your country, but here, this is something you just don't do without consequences

>Wearing a flag as clothing is of poor taste
By that logic, wouldn't wearing a t-shirt with the American flag on it be of poor taste as well? Doesn't make sense

Depends on if your shirt has the flag or is a flag.
If it has the flag, that's just patriotic. If it is a flag, well that's distasteful.

>t-shirt
they, and you i might add, have underwear in flag colours. digest that for a second.