Rebrandeon is happening again

videocardz.com/67693/amd-radeon-rx-570-and-580-exposed
>Judging from the alignment of all components, it appears that Radeon RX 570 will use the exact same PCB as Radeon RX 480/470 series.
>The engineering label was exposed and ASIC Type confirmed as Polaris.
>This will allow Radeon RX 580 to reach higher clock speeds at the expense of higher power consumption.
>higher power consumption
What the hell AMD, I thought you were better than this? Now you too are literally SCAMMING people just like the jews at Intlel with Kaby Lake.

>literally SCAMMING people by literally charging less for the same hardware clocked higher frequency
how dare they

You save now, but ultimately you pay more later because power bills.

I wonder if these dipshits go to restaurants and throw tantrums because their fettuccine is just rebranded linguine. I wonder if they get embarrassed when their rebranded spaghettini falls out of their pockets

>things we've known for two weeks
Some lebanese fat chick at this new job wants my cock.

20 watts at 3 hours a day = $2.85 a year assuming average USA prices.

... and burned motherboards

#neverforget.

Italian restaurant worker here, It's all rebranded dough, it's exactly the same shit with different forms or boiling. And don't even ask what the hell is inside the raviolis, that shit is shady as fuck.

yea those nvidia cards burning motherboards really was a problem

'merican here. grandfathered into lower rates so its even cheaper than that :^)

Switched from glofo low power early to low power plus process. rx580@1340 boost pulls the same as rx480 reference@1266 and the pcb has vrm improvements. 8 pin is for better overclocking. RX 480 prices will drop to liquidate stock. especially the less desireable models. This a good thing. Unless you were an early adoptard. R7 and Kaby i7k, looking at you.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

My rates are ~6.8c/KwH, 8.2 after 1000KwH
(privilege of living in a ghetto city where the utilities are funding subsidized)

So a 480 over a 1060 6GB would cost me ~$1.5 a year.
Big whoop

What a disgrace! Im sure nobody else ever done this!

The bigger question is, where's Volta?

So, i honestly expected the 5xx to be refreshed Polaris, but there seems to not be that much difference.

Any benefits for a 5xx card right now? more mature process with better binned chips meaning better OC?

you're literally insane if you still believe this. AMD and nvidias power draw have gone down so significantly that this basically isn't an argument anymore. if one or the other is causing you monetary problems then you need to reevaluate your priorities, aka get a fucking job.

Unneeded because the competition keeps releasing old card rebrands, and every blue moon when their incompetent asses actually make a new card, it can't compete anywhere past the mid range.

Nice try schlomo, Nvidia answers to their shareholders, not the market.

GV100 was already supposed to release at GDC, nothing happened, complete radio silence on Volta even from zauba and from rumor sourced and Nvidia.

Enjoy your upcoming Pascal refresh

>Nvidia answers to their shareholders, not the market.

And their shareholder see the market as a one player game with some short bus retard on the side occasionally shitting out some low end trash that competes with generation old nvidia hardware.

you know the tech industry saying, who needs R&D when you compete against AMD.

It even rhymes

Volta hasn't even taped out, it's 2018 or at best December 2017 paper launch.

For OEM and market sakes Nvidia has to release something in the meantime.

>literally Polaris 2: Electric Boogaloo

Underrated bait

Maybe if you live in the third world and an your only power comes from a beat up twenty year old diesel generator. 30 watts is nothing.

It'll be using an improved 16nm node which for some reason TSCM has decided to market as 12nm. They haven't even taped Volta out yet. So probably either late this year at the very best, or 2018 more likely.

Then we're getting that Pascal refresh?

I could see if they slapped GDDR5X on the 580 that it could get called innovation, but by this slide, they're literally pulling an NVIDIA. They don't have any new tech advancements. They won't have any, until Vega hits shelves.

nope better off waiting for 5xx to release so the 4xx get a price drop

What's in the Ravioli's?

Yes.

that thing that only occurred on poorfag motherboards for like a week really ruined everything for POOlaris amirite???!!!!!

yeah, it's been known for over a year that there were only 2 Polaris chips and 2 Vega chips on the horizon.

If you wanted a Polaris chip, last year would have been the better time.

Literally nobody gives a fuck about anything but Vega at this point.