Stop using nonfree software

Stop using nonfree software

Other urls found in this thread:

libreplanet.org/wiki/List_of_software_that_does_not_respect_the_Free_System_Distribution_Guidelines#vrms
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDF/X
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There are no free software for my dildo

so you endorse pirating software.

no you fat old communist jew fuck

I can't wait to hear this logic explained.

Stop being fat.

Stop using software

I aready don't use non-free shit.

Pirating proprietary software is bad, because it's proprietary!

>average winfag comeback

Fuck you, slavic shit.

there's no professional, useable free software for media Content creation, so, no, i won't.

Stop eating things off your feet.

Recommend me a premium paid version of Firefox

Blender, GIMP, Kdenlive, Audacity.

Troll smarter, not harder.

this

openshot, pitivi maybe, davinci resolve now

oh that last one's nonfree, but still good enough to ditch the windows for if the massive amount of others aren't.

found the uneducated underage

Can u at least appropriately crop the image if you're going to post this everyday?

Found the literal retard.

found the gender studies major

I'm trying Stallman Sensei, but it is an unconventional and at times inconvenient path.

>/ukr/
Greetings from Olgino, motherfucker. rm -rf yourself.
Sorry, i need android studio for my job, but it's the only one nonfree piece of code i run on my pc (except games), i swear.

You say "communist" as if it was a bad thing or an insult!

Tell everyone to encode everything into Vorbis/Opus

already running parabola gnu/linux-libre
feels good man

good luck producing printable 4c pdf or multimedia ebooks with this selection of hobbyist tools.

libreoffice is fine on any OS. i have no fucking idea what a '4c pdf' or a 'multimedia ebook' is, but it's probably something awful.

>multimedia ebooks
what are those

If free software were good I would.

Open source is evil. Closed source like windows 10 is pro white

Depends on what you're after, free software is the best in a lot of areas.

Maybe I would listen to this fat fuck if he looked like someone I could take seriously. I may not look absolutely gorgeous, but I at least take some pride in my appearance.

Taking pride in your appearance is taking time off from the fight against non-free software. That is the face of a dedicated ascetic. He is a monk.

Yeah fair enuff, though someone who's the target market for the areas where free software is worth it, probably wouldn't care about this stupid discussion in the first place.

By taking care of his appearance he would appeal to more people who do the same, which would help him in the fight against non-free software.

I don't think so.
free software doesn't usually fit my needs/workflow as much as propietary software

>professional
>Blender, GIMP, Kdenlive, Audacity.

choose one

what did he mean by this?

Blender is relatively popular for pros actually.

For pros who can't afford the real deal yet.

Nah, blender's top tier. Doesn't always do everything as well as specific other tools for specific jobs though.

I didn't pay for windows 10! Microsoft let me upgrade for free :D.

PDF you need to print books, newspapers, Posters, basically anything. 4c = CMYK. you need at least indesign or quark xpress for those.

Ah, so what you're looking for is TeX?

ebooks based on 300dpi pdf, enhanced with multimedia content like audio files or video clips. they're used as school books in 1st world countries.

I love when people claim that "professionals" need nonfree software.
A professional chef may use a fancy set of knives, but they don't suddenly forget how food works without them.

Unlike you autismo I have a job

Nah, they are thinking more in the domain of something like Scribus.

Sounds terrible.

>I love when people claim that "professionals" need nonfree software.
Name a OSS/libre alternative to indesign, photoshop (capable of handling 300dpi cmyk Images) and Acrobat/distiller to create printable pdf for offset printing. go ahead, tell me what i've missed the past 12 years since i'm in Publishing.

>Sounds terrible.
they're actually quite popular among students and teachers alike since they're platform Independent and easy to manage.

try doing layout efficiently with TeX
protip:you can't

I don't know how you're going to do anything math related "efficiently" without it, but since it's an open and portable format it should be easy to mix into anything. Exporting to any dpi pdf is really arbitrary, I imagine anything can do that.

tex is okay for math composition, but for anything else it's a time sink hole. you can create a layout in indesign in a fraction of the time and give it to any type Studio to do the Job. and yes, some simple Things can also get done with MS word.

Equations are made with MathType, MathMagic or MathTools

>trying to stop people from using non-free software
Let them use it.
Non-free software is the cancer with itself as the cure.

Like Microsoft with Windows 10 becoming increasingly frustrating to use.
Like Adobe accidentally killing Creative Cloud for an entire day.
Like Apple being stubborn with compatibility and artificial restrictions.

Let these people learn on their own.

Yeah I've never done actual publishing so I guess Scribus or an office tool would be fine. Better if you can drop your math tex in there.

>efficiently

Attention: vrms is the best way to verify that your system is fully free.

libreplanet.org/wiki/List_of_software_that_does_not_respect_the_Free_System_Distribution_Guidelines#vrms

>Scribus
>PDF/X-3
sorry, we're already past that. also, checked!

>mfw right now

Stop enslaving users with GNU licences

I don't understand your statements, you can always output to pdf

He's right, though. (((Stallman))) is a fat communist jew. He's openly communist, he's obviously fat and his name is Jewish.

Imagine if math proofs were proprietary.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDF/X - we're using X-4 right now and demand of our contractors to deliver in X-4, so scribus is out.

(scribus is only supporting X-3)

K well that is pretty fucked then. I imagine there's a solution kicking around somewhere but that would no doubt be ugly. I think a lot of freedom devs are allergic to CMYK.

>I think a lot of freedom devs are allergic to CMYK.
yeah, because to them "Desktop Publishing" is sending a document to the Desktop Printer. we would LOVE a real competitor to Adobe, but since they pretty much btfo Quark out of the water and swallowed Macromedia, there is nothing much left to work with. and unfortunatly, "it just werks".

Well the libre stuff started from bullshit closed off printers, it makes sense. Publishers and Freedom are fundamentally opposed. I've used several books published in *TeX and they're all perfectly fine. As for weird alpha shit in a PDF it doesn't really affect me anyway. I'm sure it'll be settled in a short amount of time
>before adobe pushes the standards one more step out of their reach

I wish I could but I have different priorities.