Give me one good reason you don't own a 6700

Give me one good reason you don't own a 6700.

>i7
>Cheap
>Better hyperthreading than a 6600k and 7600k.

>>Better hyperthreading than a 6600k and 7600k.
The i5's have no hyperthreading.

But by all means. Rationalise why Intel betrayed you in a last ditch effort to outdo AMD.

Exactly.

Literally no point in buying an i5

but, I do.

>Give me one good reason you don't own a 6700.
my i5 2500k still works fine.

Because I have a 7700

>k version

A 6600k can OC and get 6700 levels of multi

I'm happy with my 6600K since I don't use my desktop often. I can always upgrade later if I want. The PC held a Core 2 Q6600 setup for over 10 years before I finally decided it needed at least SOME kind of update.

>paying extra for an unlocked processor with a glued on IHS

Why?

just get that cheapest ryzen 7 and oc it to 4k.

wow nisekoi, I love the anime so much. I only watch like 6 anime show. Raku is such a lucky guy. Only reason I watch because people was spamming in twitch chat which is better girl Onodera or Chitoge. I'm not really an anime fan but I got hooked to it and finished its manga. I was team Onodera and I really didn't like the ending. Onodera ends up making cake for Raku and Chitoge marriage. If only that anime is muslim then Raku can marry all of them but they all wearing burka and no sexy scene then .

because I have a 3570k

Aside from the fact that the i5 is $100 and hyperthreading is relatively useless unless you are rendering videos.
It is kind of hilarious, AMD's "more cores" meme is actually better than Intel's "hyperthreading" meme

Immortal man.

Because I'm cheap

Marika was the best

how old is this pasta? Also tsugumi a best.

It's an Intel product.

but I am using a 6700

Because I've been sitting on an i5-3570k for fuck knows how long, and I'm jumping clear past Haswell, Broadwell, Skylake, Kaby Lake, and the R5/7 series straight to whatever AMD calls their 16c/32t MCM platform coming out this Summer or Fall.

>Laptop

That's not a laptop, my laptop has a 6700HQ though.

If you're talking about the temperatures, I just got done with a gaming sesh.

>Give me one good reason you don't own a 6700.
It's overkill for my needs. I'd rather get a bigger house than another space heater.

It's sad how the two main girls were the worse half of the love interests. What a fucking hack!

But I already own a 6700 and 6700k.

post your gunners

ebin, may the fps gods grant you superior visioun.

But I do.

Everyone laugh at me for that, especially Sup Forums.

Just like people were laughing at me for buying i5-750 6 years ago. It severed me well for all that time.

What are chances that i7-6700k I ahve right now will serve me at least 3-4?

which cooler

*served.

NH-U12S. It normally dont go above 65C but once went 77C for reason completely unknown.

Its still more than what reviews shows, but chances are that Im just too ignorant to matter of coolers and how to properly use them.

Patrician taste

The 7600k is faster and cheaper.

Only cucks who video edit or compile Gentoo buy i7s.

can we just straight up permanent ban those cartoon posters already?

because its not ryzen

my ivy 5 will hold out until coffee and ryzen 2. if they aren't that great I can buy used R1 and kaby cheaper from the upgraydefags

because I clued in many years ago that e3-xeons = superior $/value to i7 when I don't use the iGPU anyway.

>still going strong

also I consistently do enough VM/render now my next CPU will be e5-16xx/26xx or naples

because my i7 Q 720 still works fine

Anime website.

Technology board

I have no problem with anime, I have a problem with completely off topic, questionably blueboard anime.

Sup Forums - Technology

Images depicting the technology of past, present, and future are all welcome here.
Tech support threads should be posted on /wsr/.
You may use code tags to highlight syntax and preserve whitespace. To use them, just wrap your code snippets code like this / code.

Because I have the superior 7700k

Because I own an R7 1700.

>on game show
>op asks why i dont have a 6700
>slams buzzer
>what is, because i have a 7700k
>OP "CORRECT!"
>wins internet points

Just retarded fags like OP

there you go, here's plenty.

you guys know what "marica" means in spanish right?

The same as faggot

Who gives a shit about what some beaner thinks?

How is your home-made CPU working? Since everything is botnet...

I don't care about dying languages

Because I have ryzen 1700X, faggot.

you're aware that 600 million people speak it right? in contrast, english is spoken by 500.

Because I have a 4790k, objectively the best CPU released in the last 10 years.

/thread

Most of those are bilingual.

They have to learn Spanish to cater to dipshits who can't or won't learn English.

English is a universal language, it's extremely important to know English. You do realize that English is a required language to learn in school right? Spanish isn't.

Enjoy your archaic language.

You do get that AMD has the same thing, right?

Every OS has a backdoor. I don't care how "secure" you think Arch is, it's not.

I wonder how many years until its worth upgrading from 2500k.

cute

because pentium g4560 has the best price/performance ratio.

I have a 4700S. I can't overclock, but it's not like I needed it (it's not 2001 anymore).

Sorely depends on what you are doing, is it heavy multi-threaded and how much you value your time.

>i5 is $100
>this fucking delusional
Fuck it, im out

My normie gf has a 6700 but it's quite overkill for her use. I should give her a netbook or something.

I bought a used 6700 for 200 dollars, did I got meme buying it used?

1151 socket is pleb tier

>brofist

I bought a 1700X

I own v1 xeons.
32 threads are nicer than 8.

Because my Core2 Duo P8400 runs without a [spoiler]Jewish[/spoiler] management engine.

Because Ryzen is better than
JEWTEL

I own an i7-6700k at stock clocks, undervolted. I do quite a bit of video rendering, photo editing, etc as well as gaming. I was looking at a Ryzen 1800X for a while but then started looking at benches. Handbrake doesn't properly scale to anything beyond 8 threads, and for editing, my i7+980ti cuda acceleration is fast as is.

Then of course there is the fact that the am4 socket and platform as a whole is still fledgling compared to Intel's Z series stuff. Being forced to have 3600hz ddr4 on Ryzen to be comparable to an i7 with 2400mhz is also shit. And Ryzen is very picky about ram is appears.

Because the 3770k I'm using still works.