Hyperloop

How many time until this thing is built?

10 years?

fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperloop

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z48pSwiDLIM
youtube.com/watch?v=z7VYVjR_nwE
twitter.com/hyperloopglobal/status/844194566831931392
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That thing is a major eyesore.

never

Vast majority of vehicles built after 1973 hurt the eyes worse than any intrastructure possibly could.

How come nobody cared about vacuum tube trains until Elon Cucks had a vision about them? Now there are like a dozen companies meming this tech hard with more companies to come.

because he's a marketing hype genius, of course the tech is horrible so it's going to bring about a gigantic crash. people want to ride the wave til they can sell high.

It's a terrible idea.

They aren't a thousand miles long and always there fucking up the view, though.

Never
it's a retarded idea
anyone who invests will just lose their money

So are those anime reaction images you post, IMO. Point is, it's subjective. I don't think it looks bad

pic related isn't?

This, looks like Sup Forums is just as "muh future" as facebook or kickstarter.

As soon as they finish designing those seats and coffee shops. After that it's practically done.

Why not drive a car instead?

stupid murricans

No, because no one lives there

Hyperloop is just a train that's more complex and tries to be competitive with airplanes (kek)

That's low profile, not a big tube 5 meters in the air.

And who lives int the Australian desert? Dingoes and aboes?

(you)

>a big tube 5 meters in the air
Actually I don't understand why can't they just bury the tube in 2 inches of soil. It wouldn't have to be like a subway.

cause the tunnels they're designing can't hold up to any pressure from being underground, let alone a vacuum

This guy is mentally fucking retarded and so are you for falling for his dogshit argument

There is a massive difference between a near-vacuum and a perfect vacuum, and a pressure change would not be nearly as violent. He also assumes that the entire length of the tube would be a single chamber rather than sectioned off in a way to avoid having to pressurize the entire length everytime people get on/off.

Then he goes full retard by complaining that the hyperloop contestants did not go fast enough despite acknowledging that the tiny test track was not built for full speed. Seems almost completely oblivious to the concept of scaling and prototyping.

I could not watch anymore than that. Typical armchair skeptic/retard with no experience in anything but enough arrogance to comment on everything.

Why the fuck are they building it in the middle of the outback?

Air travel is already cheap

>Air travel is already cheap
yes, but the tube could be safer and faster

If it's not economically viable, it won't work

This is a fact

Someone doesn't know how to run simple numbers and drank the Musk Kool-Aid.

Couldn't agree more user

But trains are beautful user

> pic related no fake, france

what a pretty retarded point of view

> Why don't you just walk at 6km/h instead of driving a car at 130km/h to travel across the country

The amount of people sucking Musk's dick is huge. There's definitely a reality distortion field around him.

> walking or driving a car when there is hyperloop

It'd be prettier without the train t b h.

> taking hyperloop when there is no hyperloop

what would happen if the shuttle or the tube cracked?

The Muskverse is pretty huge and quite complex btw.

Paypal was once with ebay, which owned skype at some point in time. Paypal pretends to be a bank, while it isn't. Musk then made a electric cars (tesla) and space ships (space x), now he's trying trains (hyperloop).

I bet he's somewhat involved in even more stuff.

so are roads

>big grey strips
>with ugly ass multicolor signage

they make any landscape ugly as hell and make all western countries look exactly the same.

You're right, but I envy the driver so bad

> also this
youtube.com/watch?v=z7VYVjR_nwE

>There is a massive difference between a near-vacuum and a perfect vacuum
Yeah, one exist and the other doesn't. Space isn't a perfect vacuum.
>Typical armchair skeptic/retard with no experience in anything but enough arrogance to comment on everything.
He has co-authored 34 scientific papers. How many did you?

he's also got that solar house thing going

The road in the picture is blending in way better than the tube is.

He's running a solar meme that runs off gov subsidies and the dreams of faux enviros

So you're saying i just need to accept Elon into my heart and the gates of musk-heaven on Mars await me?

Prove it

Not him, but the project already seeks government investment while not even having anything near a prototype. All they have now is a steel pipe and an air pump.

The one proposed for LA to bay area is 11.5 million dollars per mile

A flight from LA to bay area is ~100 dollars and european budget airlines have succeeded in getting flights of this distance down to $30 (London to Faro, Portugal)

The Hyperloop is a whole lot less flexible and the infrastructure itself costs a whole lot more (a bombardier q400 costs 15 mil)

It has to compete with this, and will most likely fail to do so.

this

the thing is sooo expensive and would require too much maintenance

US airlines are super government subsidized though, the prices aren't ACTUALLY that cheap in practice. Of course hyperloop is probly not comparatively cheap either assuming it ever even works.

That's because cars are the predominant form of transport, which is subsidized much more than airlines will ever be.

Toyota's always were shit no matter what your favorite anime might say.

He's the guy controlling the Bogdanoffs.

How much flights cost in the US?
In france it's around 140€ for Paris - Marseilles (if you order 2 weeks before)

Guess who has celica V 1.6 sti 92'

>Near vacuum = 99.9%
>Perfect vacuum = 100%
>Massive difference

>one proposes for LA to bay area is 11.5 million dollars
First, that's to build, not to ride, there is no way, in the fucking universe, that a plane costs 100 dollars to fly. Trains are usually really, really fucking cheap. How about let's compare the cost to build a track to the cost to buy a plane instead? OOOH what do you know, a plane equipped for the same flight (airbus a320) costs 98 fucking million, the price to fly a plane every time is 4000 for every hour of flight, so do not fucking tell me that " STOP BEING INNOVATIVE WAAAAH I DON'T LIKE THINGS THAT I'M NOT USED TOOOOOOO!!! MOMMMYYYY!!!!!!"

>Implying it's ever going to be built
>Implying Musk knows what he's talking about more than 2% of the time

There is a massive difference. For some applications. 99.9 % is still 1 mbar. Which is >200,000,000 molecules per cubic milli metre (at 0 °C).
For hyperloop, however it really isn't that big of a deal.

My biggest problem is him complaining about the speed of the test vehicles. The whole point of the hyper loop is to have as little friction as possible and there is no way that they would use vehicles with tires like the ones in the video. Likely it would be maglev and be able to accelerate over a great distance.

most of the posts in here seem to think that this is competing with air for travel

imagine the capabilities for freight. cheaper, almost as fast, and you can move a lot more weight

Wouldn't need this shit if we had American autobahns

Flights will become more popular for short trips like that once they go back to pre 9/11 type of airports. People do not want to be groped everyday by overweight TSA agents.

But they are the most reliable user

Pic ? This is my brother's one

Musk never intended for it to be built. The hype alone is supposed to kill CA's "high-speed" rail and keep cars the main method of transportation between SF and LA.

This will carve out a market and large demand for self driving cars, a la Tesla

literally never, shinkansen projects are decades long

No sane airliner will use an A320 for a flight that short, as I said, the Q400 is used, and it costs 15 million and it costs 2000/hr

You sound like a musk cultist who just got hit where it hurts

China built new lines in 4 years

And how many months before catastrophic failure?

No catastrophic failure, just one crash

One of the safest systems, almost as safe as Japan

toyota literally changed car manufacturing industrywide, kys fag

ive just read up a little on their high speed rail network, its really impressive

The power of undisrupted capitalism through an iron fist gets things done, no?

Kid, a quick Google search shows the first airliner (virgin) is using the a320.

Kys faggots, they're building it right now in Spain for a Lyon Saint Etienne line

> We announce today that we have begun construction of the 1st #Hyperloop passenger capsule in the world.

twitter.com/hyperloopglobal/status/844194566831931392

>we're building a protoype capsule
wew lads

In Toulouse for tests *

G8 B8 M80

How does that change the safety issues? How does that change the construction issues?

A 99.9% vacuum is as dangerous as a 100% vacuum and needs identical construction considerations.

i wonder how many normies would be fooled into riding this deathtrap

>pic related no fake
>filename has montage in it

NEVER BECAUSE VACUUMED PIPES AND STUFF THIN SHEET METAL. STRAIGHT PATH SLOW CARS. THE COSTS!!

Idk I just watched the thunderfooot video on it

managing any vacuum across a long tube is going to be hard so i highly doubt it will ever be built.

I live in a railyard. Check your privilege faggot

What a fucking retard.

mountain

How much government shekels it got? Considering how corrupt Spain is, I assume all of it. Same goes for the same bullshit scam-project in Slovakia.

probably never. At operational speeds, the low pressure tubes need to be aligned with ultimate precision and curve grade needs to be extremely progressive. These reasons make classic high speed train infrastructure very expensive and only viable when government sponsored. Planes are a better solution to long distance travel. If we need more speed, reviving hypersonic planes makes more economic sense.