Partitioning help

I just shrunk a partition on my gf's work laptop HDD, goofy me thought she had one disk in 2 partitions, turns out one is a SSD and the other HDD.
Can I simply extend the same partition? It tells me "Maximum amount of space in mb: 166000" , "Select the amount of space in mb: 166000". The HDD lists total volume size 953000 mb.
What happens when I click next? Does the disk become 160gb, messing up all the files or will it revert the disks free space to what it was before shrinking?

>I just shrunk a partition on my gf's work laptop HDD
GTFO

Very constructive, gee thanks

serious question, why do people bother with partitioning? what good is separating data on the same disk? it's not like the hard drive can have a head for every partition

OP here, had the same question and tried to make it better, cause her Autodesk applications took up the whole of C: 100GB, so thought I'd even out the partitions to 500 - 500 gb. I don't use partitioning on any of my PCs, that's why I don't have a clue how any of this works and Microsoft Answers Pajeets are not very helpful.

you need to have C for apps, D for music, films, anime and E for video games for maximum performance

you dun goofed

fug

Going 500-500 across two drives a "wrong". It's obvious you don't have a clue what you're doing and I suggest you stop playing / learning on someone elses work device!. Don't even try to undo what you've already done. Just stop before you end up loosing an entire partition and all the data that was on the drive. If I try to explain what's going on it's going to be a collection of jargon you won't have any context for. Playing with partitions is something you need to do on your own hardware. Leave the work hardware for the work IT department.

looks like no more pussy for you op

I wasn't trying to to this across two drives. As I stated, I thought initially it was one drive. Now I shrunk the 1 TB HDD by 160 GB or so, my question is, can I undo the process? I did already stop and asked you bright people of this board for advice. Hit me with all of your jargon, I can handle it.

Welcome to Sup Forums tech support please take a ticket and have a seat.

download gparted

use puppy linux live usb

eat dick

You can't even handle realizing that there are two hard drives you dense mother fucker. You have a shitty attitude for someone that fucked up and is begging for advice. Give her your macbook you loser.

I checked that after going to disk management and shrinking. I don't own and never plan on owning an Apple product.

You have a shitty attitude, not me.

>already stop and asked you bright people of this board
Yeah, nice attitude, faggot. Whatever you say. Hey how's that laptop problem you created out of thin air? Your great attitude getting you lots of answers?

it was a good idea when you only had 1 hard disk and you wanted to reinstall the system, most normie computers pre 2005 had a partitioned hard drive

Better question, do you pronounce the word 'data' as "day-ta" or "dah-tah" ?

I was not satirical when using the term 'bright'. But you wouldn't know anything about it, cause your autism causes this to 'fly above your head'...

Umm, day-ta?

>format OS partition
>keep media partition

Backup all her shit then start fucking around with the drives. Format the new partition on the HDD. If the partition is on the SSD your pants on head retarded. Windows uses a partition for boot and recovery purposes

dah-tah

I just shit myself. Wanna trade places?

Dah-ta

Yes you can. The data is still there. Don't ask me how though. I did lots of partitioning stuff at my last job for databases running on centos. Obviously the tool sets are different.

Good luck.

Luckily it's not the wandows boot partition.

def day-ta

Welcome out of your mom's basement please losea virginity and grow up

kys yourself