What's the tiny equivalent of a libreboot thinkpad running only libre software? How muh freedum can I get?

What's the tiny equivalent of a libreboot thinkpad running only libre software? How muh freedum can I get?

Should I just build a laptop case for a beaglebone black and call it a day?

Also post cool tiny computers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YWlZ3B_hq_g&t=0s
dragonbox.de/en/45-pyra
youtube.com/watch?v=49o4yco9cyY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Might end up going with this youtube.com/watch?v=YWlZ3B_hq_g&t=0s

Would be a fun project and it seems pretty handy. Though a raspberry pi 3 would work better, it wouldn't fit in the iPhone case.

noob
dragonbox.de/en/45-pyra

Everybody knows about this, it's just $600+ dollars and doesn't mention open hardware at all.

It's $352

Where are you seeing that? The pre-order page is the only page that lists prices and it's ~500 EUR at lowest.

If you mean the Pandora, I've only heard bad things about it.

right down the page
330,00 €
(~USD 352.37)
Tax excluded
Pyra Preorder (Standard Edition, 4GB RAM)

Ben NanoNote

This thing even has all open hardware.

If they were still easily available, I'd get one, but it probably isn't what you're looking for (hardly can be called UMPC, no?)

Since the thread title mentions netbook, there's of course the Lemote Yeeloong netbooks.

I sold mine years ago (it just didn't cut it for my use) and now I regret it, would be a cool thing to have.

You're right, my bad.

Looks cute, reminds me of a certain plastic chat device pre-SMS that people got arch linux running on. Can't remember the name though.

Damn dude, that's nice. Every time I see something in all white I want to bite the bullet and buy a 2009 macbook.

What should I do with my old HP notebook? Emulate GBA games?

I like the concept but they need to actually fucking produce them and get a market of different specced board parts to justify the tinker friendly design

Raspberry Pi SBCs fully open source when? I just want a somewhat powerful ARM computer that's totally free and open source and has good community support. Are Debian and MATE available on the Beagle Bone Black?

Debian is default for beaglebone black, and there's more serious documentation than raspberry pi's have.

I'm fine with using raspberry pi's for now because I think they'll be completely blob free soon enough. I can still recommend beaglebone though, never had any issue with mine. It's more like a computer, and less like a gimmick like the raspberry pi which has the easy to use raspbian and retropie and all that.

They're slightly more expensive (by about $15) than the Ras Pi on Amazon. Should I buy one? I'm capable of figuring out how to install Debian and read the docs but I'm lazy. I'm on the fence about this and I already have three of the Ras Pi 2 that I get for free.

I can't say anything about the hardware, I haven't stressed it. Apparently it's less powerful than the raspberry pi 3. But what I can say is that my beaglebone black sits in a corner connected to a 1tb external doing work all day. Meanwhile, my raspberry pi 3 had it's wifi stop working and the micro sd card go burning hot enough to ruin it out of nowhere.

What would you use such a tiny PC for

I've been using one of my Raspberry Pis as a seedbox for over a year and I haven't had any trouble with it. Maybe you got a defective board?

Shitposting.

Hacking the mainframes around town.

collecting (You)s on the go

The uh... ZipIt

Yep, that's it. I know it was something-it. So aesthetic.

I think I bricked one, probly still have it in a box somewhere.

new Pocket prototype video out
> youtube.com/watch?v=49o4yco9cyY

really hate how far apart the keys are, and how windows 10 focused it is.

The key spacing is okay, though some of the non-alpha keys look like they'll be a pain from positioning. No different than any other portable keyboard there. Obviously not sized for 2hand touch typing.

The bezel really worries me, too stiff to open easily is good but I worry where that force is going.