So pic-related turned out to be unstable overheating garbage. What's an alternative 13 laptop with a nice screen...

So pic-related turned out to be unstable overheating garbage. What's an alternative 13 laptop with a nice screen? No Apple or ThinkPads please.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/wZsQv
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HP spectre x360, the Razer Blade is actually pretty nice.

>What's an alternative 13 laptop with a nice screen?
>No Apple or ThinkPads please.

Both will fall apart in 2 years.

Honestly OP, for laptops it's either Apple, Thinkpads or bust.

Yeah I noticed that redundancy as well.

Guess I'll stick with my old laptop then. Shame it has such a shitty screen but at least it actually werks.

the only annoying thing about it is that it doesn't wake up from hibernation sometimes (ubuntu)

discord.gg/wZsQv

Panasonic Toughbook

You realize whatever you get is also going to be overheating garbage, right?

Laptops are shit. Apple and Thinkpad are some of your best options... as another user mentioned toughbook is fine too but you'll pay 2x-3x more for ruggedization that you'll probably NEVER take advantage of. LG Gram is probably fine too, and Samsung Spin 9 units...

I'm curious did you have the XPS FHD or the XPS QHD.

My mac book dont have this problem

>unstable overheating garbage
How so? I just got mine as an upgrade from a Macbook Pro. I haven't noticed any issues so far

QHD. It just randomly freezes every few hours. Makes it unusable.

Cube Thinker i35

3000 x 2000 IPS Touchscreen (Surface Book Screen)
Intel Core M3-7Y30 Kaby Lake
8GB DDR4 RAM
256GB M.2 SSD
6 hours battery life. 51wH battery
USB 3.1 Type-C (Displayout, charging and data)
Fingerprint reader
1.5 kilos
2-watt speakers
Active Stylus

>Chink tablet
>quality control

pick one

Is it really bad? I was looking at getting the FHD or a QHD if there was a good deal.

Any good alternatives that are in a $1200-1800 bracket?

I was looking at a MacBook Pro (Retina) Mid 2015 15" but it doesn't feel right to pay so much for the old version and the new one is overpriced according to many.

It may be a flaw with my specific machine. However it does get fucking hot. 70 degrees at idle ain't right

>expecting a machine like that to comfortably push QHD

Are you fucking stupid? Just because the option existed doesn't mean you should have gone for it.

Apple Macbook® Pro 15'' Retina® with Touch Bar

if you're not using an apple or a thinkpad you kind of deserve what's coming to you

Lenovo Yoga 910

If you don't mind 14 inch then the Thinkpad Yoga with the OLED screen is actually pretty dope.

jesus... I figured they'd have that fixed by now. My xps m1530 makes a mean grilled cheese.

I have an i5, qhd, ssd xps 13. this is not my experience at all, it has been perfectly reliable for me.

I will admit though, that I should have went with the matte screen, HD version instead.

The XPS™ 13 Ultrabook™ is probably the best ultrabook on the market.

I'd be too embarrassed to use a Thinkpad in public.

you probably got a defective unit get it replaced idiot

the X1C5 has dethroned the XPS 13

>lenovo
no stop with your chink shilling

Sounds defective, I have the FHD, 9630 picked up on sale. Never had any overheating problems.

Is HP okay with you?
I found this one on my search, have it for 2 months now.
1080p, built like a rock, matte screen
Get elitebook if you're rich and want i7