Nvidia's shitty DX12 driver API is what's gimping Ryzen's gaming benchmarks

Nvidia's shitty DX12 driver API is what's gimping Ryzen's gaming benchmarks.

youtu.be/0tfTZjugDeg

Want more proof?

Ryzen + RX470 4GB vs GTX 1060 3GB.

youtube.com/watch?v=QBf2lvfKkxA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lN5mxFfkr7g
youtube.com/watch?v=myPRNtifMaA
agner.org/optimize/blog/read.php?i=49#120
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not all the benches, but a good number of the ones that make it look like absolute shit.

What does this has to do specially with ryzen and not all the other CPU architectures out there?

how about you watch the videos?

I'm not going to watch shill videos, when I can have a discussion.

>our single core performance is shit
>lets blame the competition's GPU drivers
>even though ours have been shit forever
>and no one uses DX12

Good arguments user.

>but you're just an intel/nvidia shill

I actually want Ryzen for a new video encoding build. I'm willing to admit it loses to Intel in applications that don't utilize all the cores, why aren't you?

guys logic is that nvidia should make drivers and hardware best capable to take advantage of DX12

this would make ryzen look better in benches
seems that in comparision with AMD DX12 drivers there is a lot of space for improvement

he got some ground to stand there, if X from company A performs vastly differently than X from company B... its some info you have that you did not have before

also, go kill yourself anime loser weaboo faggot

>benchmarks like Cinebench and CPU-Z say otherwise

Hmm, who to trust?

In The Division benchmark Nvidia DX11 gets higher FPS than Nvidia DX12.

Why isn't the argument about the developer being a lazy shit that can't even write their own game to be faster than Nvidia's DX11 Driver software compiler instead of just blaming Drivers/Rizen/Nvidia/AMD?

It's not like this is the first time we've seen developers fail at DX12, Quantum Break also runs faster in Nvidia DX11 than Nvidia DX12.

Also the simple fact that DX11 runs better blows this whole argument out of the window, DX11 is the baseline and DX12 shouldn't run worse than it unless you fuck up somewhere.

>I understand things at basic levels
>there is no complexity in my life
>I enjoy the glorious IQ of 74

You should explain yourself.

Nice meme.

Because you'd need to be a tech-illiterate retard to make that argument. It's well known that Nvidia's driver has a massive advantage over AMD's in DX11 due to the fact that it's multithreaded (whilst AMD's isn't, which is their failing). However, in DX12 it only runs on a single thread, which is why they struggle so much for performance in relative terms.

>begin surprised ATI video cards preform better with AMD CPUs

It's almost like they tested them together and programmed the drivers to target that CPU. Nah, couldn't be, it's not like that hardware is made by the same company or anything.

>Ryzenfags still made
>Ryzenfags still saying games don't matter
>Ryzenfags still saying the drivers will get better with time
>Ryzenfags still worried about losing to an i5 in benchmarks when a few fps don't even matter
>Ryzenfags still shitting up Sup Forums and every other tech board on the internet with this cancer

youtube.com/watch?v=lN5mxFfkr7g

> It's well known that Nvidia's driver has a massive advantage over AMD's in DX11 due to the fact that it's multithreaded (whilst AMD's isn't, which is their failing). However, in DX12 it only runs on a single thread, which is why they struggle so much for performance in relative terms.

So the game developer failed to even match Nvidia's DX11 driver performance, how is this Nvidia's/Ryzen/AMD fault?

There are games that actually run better in DX12 for both AMD and Nvidia like the new Gears of Wars you know.

Sniper Elite 4 also have good DirectX12 support, having better performance than the DirectX 11renderer for both AMD and Nvidia.

>trusting microsoft pajeet code
I could list several reasons why that's a bad idea but i'll just start with one
>Windows 10

Actually what it's showing is that whether you have an AMD or an Intel CPU, you're better off with an AMD GPU than an Nvidia GPU if you're going to run a game in dx12.

Which we already knew.

See
I guess every good working DX12 game is now a shill game or something?

>begin surprised ATI video cards preform better with AMD CPUs
nope
same with go with 2011 socket cpus you retard

>trusting microsoft
Okay good goyim, but I warned you

so why begin suprised when intle and nvideo did gud

youtube.com/watch?v=myPRNtifMaA

>implying I even watched OPs embed

Stay mad Ryzenfags. Anyone that feels the need to justify their purchase of first generation hardware has and will always be cancer.

>mfw waitfags didn't wait

You've got to at least test ryzen's v corei's on a radeon gpu

probably should have a second/sub bench with two equally weak gpu

> It's not like they would want their products to work well together or anything

>>implying I even watched OPs embed

I'm more of a multiply fan

>it's another white man keeps the blacks down episode

agner.org/optimize/blog/read.php?i=49#120
would not be surprised
would not be surprised in the slightest

>Nvidia is responsible for shit AMD performance in DX12 API

you just cant make this shit up

I-ITS EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT!!!!

cinebench measures the opposite of single core performance, it's the most extreme multi-threaded task, which is also why it doesn't carry over to most real-world applications, and it's not just because of bad programming, it's a fundamental fact of nature that you can't do everything in parallel

>Sup Forums has fallen so low that adoredtv is not dismissed immediately

What has happen, has the reddit amd users taken over with their fagotry?

It's a well known fact that /r/amd are genuine amd shills who leak everywhere they can.

>cinebench measures the opposite of single core performance

It has a single core mode for measuring single core performance, you stupid piece of shit.

>all Intel and Nvidia shills have left is ad hominems now that their housefires are obsolete

Sad!

ryzen has an awful single core score in cinebench so what's your point

Fuck off nvidia shills. You guys do realize that this is just the first gen of this new generation of processors right? Just wait for the next gen and AMD will btfo Intel and Nvidia.

Why doesn't AMD write their own DX12 driver API then....

AMD retards are bigger failures than Apple followers, that is for sure.

They are blind to facts.

They come up with the wildest excuses to why their products don't perform.

>half the thread can't comprehend what the benchmark is showing
I've been wasting my life on a board full of literal retards.

i'm not about to watch a 21 min long adoredtv video so why don't you tell us what it's showing

But that's not true, so your post is pointless.

kys shill

I'm not the one on suicide watch here. Tell me more about how mad Ryzen makes you, Sanjay.

> Facts show Nvidia Dx12 is garbage, AND bottlenecks BOTH Intel and AMD, BUT bottlenecks AMD more

Fucking XF 480s beating a Titan Pascal top fucking kek. Theres also a bench mark showing a Fury X performing as well as or better than a Titan X in RotTRR with Ryzen.

This was AMDs long game after all. DX12/Vulkan/Mantle use Ryzens power much better than DX11, you just need a non shit DX12 driver :^)

>has the reddit amd users taken over with their fagotry?
Yes.

>rambling post full of ad hominems
>Y-y-you're the one ignoring f-facts!!!

That picture gave me cancer
>browses Sup Forums
>skype
>steam
>discord
>chrome,vivaldi and firefox
>dropbox

That's the kind of people amd shills are. They literally just come here to shit up the place.

it's the objective truth that ryzen cpus score lower than 7700k in cinebench single threaded test

>I actually want Ryzen
oi vey this'll throw the goyim off the trail

What does that have to do with anything? The claim was that Ryzen's score is shit. It isn't. The 7700K's single core performance being better doesn't change that. It's also better than any of Intel's >4 core chips, so I guess those are all shit too, right? Who needs more than 4 cores anyway? Computers are for video games only!

why are we still using directX again

>you didn't watch the video
No wonder you are so blind to the truth

Like clockwork AMD shills come out to deny reality.

>adoretard
>truth
the same imbecile saying that 8370 beats 2500k by 10% in games now and proven to be full of shit

>he goes based off of nvidia GPUs
A
S
Y
N
C
!

You should literally kill yourself if you take anything adoretard saying seriously. That poofer is a genuine amd shill.

>People are shills when it doesn't suit me
The ozziecunt "prover" was the amd shill 2 weeks ago. How times flies for flipflopping intlets. His benches aren't more proof than krauts at computerbase.de

>amd is shit
>ITS THE NVIDIA PROBLEM!

>AMD GPUs bring out better performance on both Intel and AMD CPUs, than nVidia
>AMD FUCKED UP!

>if we use don't use Nvidias top GPUS

benches speak for themselves. nvidiots are once again on suicide watch now that nvidia is proven to be the shit driver company.

At what point do you have to accept facts?

Nothing wrong with so long as
>RAM is changed
>motherboards are redesigned
>Bios is changed
>Operating system is changed
>compilers are changed
>Apis are changed
>drivers are changed
>software is reprogrammed

Ryzen is fine, its every other last thing that is wrong.

you're right, changing stuff and progressing is idiotic, i still don't get why a bunch of shitheads forced us out of 32-bit systems, or what the point of this fancy-ass new "SSD" gimmick is

why someone sane would want a hot defective and pricey card when there are better alternatives

>new architecture
>already running fine (inb4 oi vey muh 7 fps!)
>some specific optimisations still needed
everybody calm the fuck down.

lol 470 already wrecking 1060. GET GIMPD GREENS!

Fury X was selling under 300 bucks at some point during stock clearances.

I'm going to get me 1600x+vega.

>scores lower than the 7700k
>awful single core performance
what did he mean by this

>Nvidia's shitty DX12 driver API
But it shows the same performance issue in DX11, how the fuck is the DX12 implementation to blame? This conclusion is nonsensical and it's not supported by the numbers in that video. It's like you've decided on your conclusion before looking at the numbers and then attempt to make it fit.

Its just cause the nvidia dx12 wrapper is single threaded

So, in the end the conclusion is that if you want top-tier performance you buy Intel + NVIDIA anyway, right? Just that Ryzen isn't shit, but it still falls behind.

Because the governing body of Vulkan doesn't want to invest money in offering a competitive API?

Valve updated source 2, Id launched Doom, and I think one other game is using it in the future.

Not that guy but does it really?
The 1060 is supposed to be more powerful than a 470 right and sure we see that in the DX11 benchmarks. As expected.
The 470 then magically wins in DX12 the nvidia scores being so bad that the DX11 frame rate is higher than the DX12 one

Surely nvidia has an issue here

funny how in that same video the guy shows the amd card he tested as being worse on average.

Ryzen has worst single thread performance, if your software is single threaded, Ryzen is going to perform better than 7700k.

nvidia already makes good use of the hardware in DX11. amd needs DX12 as a crutch to unlock more of the potential performance of their hardware.

>Top tier

>1070 getting blown the fuck out by crossfire 480s

What was the purpose of his post?

yes. overclocked high end ryzen comes out ahead with super high clocked memory (3600 MHz) in some benchmarks but it doesn't have official motherboard support and the overall cost is a lot more than a 7700k cpu+motherboard+ram.

>the new and improved version as a crutch
Just because AMD isn't doing well in DX11 doesn't make it just fine that nvidia can't keep up in the new stuff
Two wrongs don't make a right

>falling for the multi-gpu meme
dual 1080 or single 1070/1080. dual rx480 can fuck off. i'm not even memeing, this has been common knowledge for 10+ years that you should prefer a single high end gpu to multi gpu.

>Old technology that only benefits Nvidia

Vs

>New technology that benefits everyone

>Crutch

What was the represented purpose of his post?

AMD did not make their name with "progress", they made by making a chip you could put into an Intel motherboard using an Intel socket. This was fine, it inconvenienced nobody.

They should return to that and stop distracting people from optimising the market leading Intel/Nvidia experience that hard-working professionals demand.

Lets face it, AMD is for teenagers, NEETs and the kind of people who regularly get turned down for credit cards.

the crossfire 480's also cost way more and have much less functionality in new games. over half of recent games don't even support multigpu in dx12 mode which is the only time the xfire 480's beat the 1070 going by adoredtv's own words.

>muh async compoote
shill harder amd cucks

>If we don't use X variable
Well that just shows that X variable was THE FUCKING WEAK POINT, YOU FUCKING MORON.

So why does the RX480 in cross fire absolutely slay a single 1070 on Ryzen?

>Memes not what they used to be

>only benefits Nvidia
I can't see how DX11 does't benefit everyone
You're both being disingenuous as fuck

1060 3GB =/= 1060 6GB

So you don't really want to discuss hardware
You just want AMD to fail so your purchase doesn't come into question

So now we are at the heart of why this thread exists.

Nvidia sucks dick at Direct X 12. In software and hardware.

But hey, maybe they just need a patch right?

>Not that guy but does it really?
Yes, have you watched the video? Pic related, from the video.

Ryzen + NVIDIA performs like shit in BOTH DX11 and DX12. The issue literally has nothing to do with DX12.

>Surely nvidia has an issue here
Oh yes, but the issue is not restricted to DX12. The conclusion is retarded, the numbers in the very same video show something else. Making this about DX12 is completely nonsensical, ESPECIALLY when NVIDIA performs better in DX12 than DX11 too. It's absolutely retarded and directly contradictory to the results presented.

Does everyone just accept the story without even looking at the fucking charts in the video?

>Tech doesn't improve with time
DX12's devs and AMD all made a big issue out of improving MGPU performance and stability. Yes, it depends on the actual developers of games to enable MGPU, but DX12 was still developed with MGPU options in mind - and AMD's hardware team have been working to overcome the issues with Crossfire (which was ALWAYS better than SLI)

>it's not our fault, it's the developers fault

>Implying its not