twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Soviet incompetence

yo mama

that picture is facebook tier and factually incorrect

Lose wars and then pretend they won.

sisu

Memes

Spurdo

Lack of descent plan in soviet military. I think, they hoped for Revolution in Finland and/or escape abroad of its government.

The bullet is a natural sound to a Fin
When he hears one it reminds him of his ancestral homeland where his people would play the morin khuur
The sound of the morin khuur is like no other except that of the bullet

In Finland they say "wo kin may lundaspaata" which means thou our people are gone and we are the only left and we must fight to survive

Tengri bless

This

The soviet union didn't have any men.

Mongol blood

*decent

They had men but they didn't have manly men.

Tengri bless

>Lasting approximately six hours, the German ground campaign against Denmark was the shortest military operation of the Second World War.

>They had men
>had men
>men
No

>Be afraid
>Can't even take his land back from Sweden

Gentrification

>trying to be Finland-tier but not realising his country gave up after SIX HOURS

So much this.
Thanks to the Stalin's Great Purge any remaining competent commanders had been wiped the fucked out. Up until 1944 Red Army was rather about winning with the use sheer numbers, even though Soviet weaponry itself was actually quite alright. It's the officers proficiency that was dear awful.

updated

still a very impressive feat

>dead number ranging from 48k to 167k

Who calculates these stuff?

>...or burned
>Finland
Cocktail much

Do Finns sometimes wish the Soviets won so they'd know what it's like to have real culture?

we din't have any tanks that actually fired shots.
they were used as diggers senpai

>Soviets
>Culture
No.

fucking danes, you have no glory moments

you surrenderd in a day

we'd be like estonia?

no thank you

That's like saying the japs were impressive in defending themselves from the mongol invasion. The weather did all the work. Finns are a joke, they were useless in the offense in WW2.

>t. defeated by gommunist jungle gooks

because Finns were not interested in offence. They just wanted to reclaim their territory.

As such Finns did no participate in the raid of Stalingrad.

communists and non communists?

reduce sodium intake plz

all we did was grab rightful clay, we purposefully steered clear from engaging in the siege of leningrad even though we could've stopped food being taken into the city. it was even recognized by the soviets in the eventual peace treaty that we were a good boy dindu nuffin.

Daily reminder that Battle of Vienna was utmost important battle for Europes well being as Christians.

literally crossed the svir river

Stalingrad is pretty far away tho

we are a little fucking country without mountains what were we supposed to do?

it's not at all far away

no it really wasn't

it's by far the closest metropolis to finland

you're pretty confused

taidat sekottaa stalin ja leningradin

But Volgograd(Stalingrad) is in the Northern Caucasus

>Fuck "strategy", just throw people and steel at the enemy, dude.

>tfw my great granddads fought in that war
>tfw I'm a useless faggot

>Speaks English
>Doesn't
And I thought Americans were rude

We should have conquered Leningrad for the honour and glory regardless of the consequences to be honest familias.

When you fight against army whose favourite past time is carving wooden dick missiles you never know what they are going to kill you with.

>Finland will never develop the nuke before America and bomb Leningrad and Moscow until the Red Army submits and thus saving Germany aswell as reconquering Karelia for Finland

How could win?
Some Mongolian snow farmers armed with a few outdated weapons?
Or the entire soviet army?

we dun goofed

>american education
If you want to banter, the least you could do is to read a few books maybe. Yesterday there was a Canadian mocking Finns about the war, but he had some knowledge on the matter

>400,000+ missing

Soviet army of course.

>thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=hz4mIn3swD0

eipäs ole

>swedish sami

>tfw look like that

>the Finnish flag will never fly over the Saint Petersburg cathedral
>Finnish troops will never march trough the general staff building

>every competent officer is killed in the purge
>finland has a lot of marsh and rivers, extremely unsuitable territory for an invasion
>fight during the winter, soviets lacked good winter equipment
>because of winter a lot of soviet aircraft couldn't be used
>mannerheim line
once the mannerheim line was broken they were more than okay with signing the treaty, and as casualty-costy everything was for the SU, the war is somewhat justificable because of how close the border was to leningrad.

That seems a pretty poor result in the end, Ivan
The Australian Emu war probably went better than that and they lost to birds

>provided factual information
>haha le salty meme xDD
Wow, you're literate

>the war is somewhat justificable because of how close the border was to leningrad

Ayy oo Finland we are kinda worried that you might side with Germany so we are going to attack you.

Ayy oo you guys sided with Germany after we attacked you.

See guys we dindu nuffing wrong

Ruskies not even once

pretty sure those same officers won WWII dunno m8

nah, it's very easy to block leningrad from the strait that finland had before the first war.

the purge two years before the war with finland was only good for stalin's paranoia. smart/experienced ones who developed grand strategy plans like tukhachevsky perished in that.

They are smart guys

>i actually think Finland a country with a population of 5 million would have started shit with the Soviet Union arguably the strongest country in Euope at the time with a population of 100 even tho the city that they would have started shit with had and still has a bigger population of Finland.

Are you for real?

Was it actually purely to do with stalin's paranoia or is there an actual reason for the purge?

who knows, hungary and romania allied up with germans, a lot of germans were influential in finland, the thought of a "greater finland" was popular around 1917 in finland, go figure why they wanted to move the border away.

Communists are generally nothing but bloodthirsty animals, feasting on each other.Most of NKVD high rank officials, who were repressing people, were repressed later.

What they taught us at school, it was Stalin's paranoia

>who knows
Holy fuck

purely paranoia, guy feared that someone would oust him like he'd ousted others before.
it did nothing good for the soviet union, and as far as i know (could be incorrect tho) the soviet union didn't suffer from any huge rebel-problems in the late 30's.
a shame considering how later field marshals admited to using theories created by those purged officers and theorists.

i'm not stalin, but i've explained the motives to you rationally.
now lemme enjoy vyborg.

>"wo kin may lundaspaata"

Technology stolen from the Hwan Empire

>i've explained the motives to you rationally.

and i've explained why finland would have never attacked but you and most russians will just say who knows to justify the shit that they did.

now return Viipuri

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Finland
again since history went as it went with soviets attacking first, it's speculation if finland would go for this plan or not.

>and i've explained why finland would have never attacked
because of the finns' low number of people in the war? lots of minor nations or people were part of the axis.

>it's speculation if finland would go for this plan or not.
no it's not.
how bad do the oods need to be before you belive finland wouldn't have attacked the soviets.
for christ's sake we din't have a single tank for attacking.

You are just ignoring the facts to justify Soviet actions.

>because of the finns' low number of people in the war? lots of minor nations or people were part of the axis.

1. We werent part of the axis
2. i have explained to you multiple times how finland is not in a position to attack the Soviets.
3 we only aligned ourselves with Germany because they were the only ones willing to help.

>again since history went as it went with soviets attacking first

They even tried to make it look like we attacked first

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelling_of_Mainila

>no it's not.
how bad do the oods need to be before you belive finland wouldn't have attacked the soviets.
just like swedes let germans pass on their territory while being neutral, so could the finns have had done if they just stayed neural, for all we know finns would have let germans pass from finland into leningrad or simply blockading it by maintaining a army or naval presence.

everything is speculation because neither I and you can say that it would've been so or not since soviets attacked first. and i'm aware of how soviets tried to justify it towards the world, but the real reason was that they wanted to move the border.

>3 we only aligned ourselves with Germany because they were the only ones willing to help.
yeah that's what hungarians, romanians, slovaks and all kinds of indigenous ppl in russia say too. that's cool but doesn't change fact that a lot of anti-sovietism was rampant and that finnish nationalism was a thing in the 20th century, giving even more reason for the su to protect itself in a preempetive strike.

Santa Claus

kek :D

>anti-sovietism was rampant and that finnish nationalism
maybe it was because you fulled reds during civil war.

>protect
>preempetive strike.

5m vs 100m
c'mon

wtf I hate Turkey now

Why does everyone think we are mongols ?

meme

> any remaining competent commanders had been wiped the fucked out
oh hi

Was Stalin both Finland's worst enemy and greatest military hero? Cause as dumb as it sounds it's technically true. If not for himself, he would've successfully annexed Finland.

This battle was basically the soviets defeating the soviets by arroganse and ignorance. Ironically the soviet forces had little winter warfare experience or training, and they invaded even without white camo uniforms nor skis. They just moved a large amount of troops into Finland and got slaughtered by the Finns whose expert training in winter warfare allowed them to move around freely and flank the soviet forces. In the snow, without winter-camo uniforms, they just as well could have shot themselves and spared everyone the trouble of it all. The Finns didn't even kill most of the dead soviets. The cold did.

I have a friend who look exactly like him and he is a Tatar.

>I think, they hoped for Revolution in Finland

They didn't honestly believe people actually WANTED to be Communist, right? I mean, the average proletarian perhaps, but surely Soviet leaders and militairy tactitians did not believe people people would voluntarily become Communists?

we had a civil war because people did want communism just 20 years before and there were still deep scars and a huge amount of division between people over that at the time. however it turns out even the commies didn't want it as a part of the SU and a lot of those scars were healed by the common enemy.

plus the fact that we killed about 20,000 of them probably helped.

Soviets probably expected a communist coup to occur, Finland was way too developed and democratic to want to join bydloland in poverty and despair.

>the Soviet Union arguably the strongest country in Euope at the time with
Not even close.
Germany was stronger than USSR.
British+French empires were very strong.

>we only aligned ourselves with Germany because they were the only ones willing to help.
Implying UK and France didn't support Finland in Winter war

Moral support counts for shit, never trust England or France to help anyone but themselves.

/thread

It seem like you do not understand what both communism and nazism were considered okay in 30s.
France had large communist party, USA had communist party, hell, every country had communist party. Moreover, intellectuals were mostly communists. They even spied for USSR because it was the only communist state.

How is that even relevant? Your army didn't even join the battle.