Why didn't hiro put a keyboard and stuff on the NES and just make it a computer?

why didn't hiro put a keyboard and stuff on the NES and just make it a computer?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amstrad_Mega_PC
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That was a backup strat in case it would fail as a console.

Still, there also was pic related.

that's what im wondering too...
seriously, you could've at LEAST added a keyboard addon for the NES.

Sinclair zx spectrum is still better

They did.
Then they noticed people mostly used it to play games anyway, so they stripped it down for the American release to just the feature that sold the best.

If my NES had a keyboard like the famicom I wonder how much smarter I would be

Probably not any. Look at all the people that got a computer for christmas in the 80s to "help them with their homework" and pretty much ended up only playing games.

Admittedly some people learned how to write assembly and crack games but I'm not sure if that would make you smarter, or requires having smarts to begin with.

It IS a computer. It's just not an especially VERSATILE computer.

In the best timeline, Sup Forums is flaming people for using Nintendo OS instead of Windows

>instead of Windows
instead of SEGAOS

>SEGAOS

That looks so incredibly unappealing. It's like I'm having an aneurysm

>Nintendo OS
Can you imagine? Can you fucking imagine if this were a thing?
>download and play legally purchased games on PC on emulators designed by the same people who built the systems they're modeled after
>desktop themes
>new amiibos that plug in by USB to instantiate shimejis
>miis as user avatars
Less likely features that would also be cool:
>compiler support for homebrew output formats
>game development libraries for said formats
>user-contributed homebrew repositories

So, back in the day more people, (in Japan at least,) had a Famicom than a PC, and Hiroshi Yamauchi envisioned a future where they would be able to make the Famicom and NES the primary computer from which people would access an internet-like network, and that this network would end up being the dominant online network in the world due to how pervasive the Famicom and NES were. Of course, this network would be Nintendo-controlled, and if businesses wanted to register a nintensite, they would have to pay Nintendo to do it. A prototype Famicom network launched in Japan. They had partners with trying to set up an American NES network of some sorts, who gave up when they realized Minoru Arakawa didn't want to help that much since it was mostly Hiroshi Yamauchi's vision.

They would go on to try many different attempts at some online adapter for their consoles and handhelds, (most of them in Japan,) and yet they still haven't caught up to Xbox Live or Playstation Network.

>charles martinet greets you every time you log in
>"thankyou so much-a for de bootin' ma OS"

good lord

don't give them ideas

they planned to do it with the US release and it looked fucking cool

>all wireless, even the tape drive
wow, pretty fancy

>>all wireless, even the tape drive
oh my god I can't even imagine the horror of that. Like tape wasn't unreliable enough to begin with.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amstrad_Mega_PC

Yes, and there's the Sega Teradrive too. I meant that "SEGAOS" as a name/word looks fucking atrocious.

Ah, yes. It would be in good company, then.