So I was rummaging through some old cd-r’s that were from years ago...

So I was rummaging through some old cd-r’s that were from years ago, like 2004-2006 and found some old desktop pictures. Thought I’d share with you guys.

Go ahead… Rip my former teenage self a new one.

>netscape
>real
>3 different instant messenger clients

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U7mPqycQ0tQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>browse the net without an ethernet cable
>shared printer
>its pretty cool
>yea hold on

lmao

Remember the days when Sup Forums was good?

youtube.com/watch?v=U7mPqycQ0tQ

It all seemed fine until I saw the recycle bin.

I miss tiger so much.

lol stupid ass you can't hack or nothin

N O R T O N
O
R
T
O
N

looks like I lost all older screenshots

That wallpaper brought back some memories... how time goes

To be honest, I don't think I ever browsed Sup Forums when I was younger; I did browse Sup Forums a little, and I will tell you how I found Sup Forums at least.

..... I was looking for hentai.

Sometime in 2005 I believe.

I remember talking to a friend about it, and this one kid with glasses was looking at me… I think he might of been a user.

LOL

I remember when I first found this place, the whole imageboard concept was completely foreign to me, I was so used to traditional phpbb type forums.

I mean, why would you keep them?

that's Panther.

Oh man I use to download all kinds of themes for XP, but towards the end, I found myself just sticking with the Royale theme; and yea I know what you mean, those fucking green haxor icons.

why not

>tfw it's been 7 years and the picture doesn't look that out of place even today

>AoE II
>Diablo II

I still have those disks somewhere.

Last one!

SuSE!!

>Camino
WHY DID THEY HAVE TO GET RID OF IT?!!

Was there even a im client that could connect to all networks back then?

Yes, there was actually!

For OS X, I know “Fire” which started back ’99 had support for various IM protocols - Although I think when it was first released, it only supported AIM… But then later supported more.

Pidgin, formerly known as Gaim had support too, but again I think it only supported AIM when it first started in '98. That was for Linux, but eventually it was ported to Windows as well.

And finally, for Windows, I remember a couple of friends always talking about “Trillian” which started in 2000.

i've used trillian (on windows) and gaim (when i first started trying linux), gaim did support multiple protocols, at least when i used it in ~04/05, though i only used either of them for MSN

Honestly the only thing I can rip you on is a few too many toolbar icons. Can't even make fun of Norton; everyone was paranoid about viruses in the IE6 days and at least it deleted malware on occasion (McAfee is literal faith healing).