ITT: facts most of you didn't know until now

ITT: facts most of you didn't know until now.
I start: there is native buddhist folk living in Europe.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbtimes.com/life/first-buddhist-temple-europe-was-built-belgrade
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reformed_Church_in_Hungary
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Székely_Land
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarians_in_Romania
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nice

>czechia
>Catholic

I think it's more about culture than actual belief.

bump

tfw nobody wants to talk with you even on Sup Forums

Nobody here reads anything beside posts on Sup Forums, you expect us to post little known facts?

The Franks weren't French.

Sup Forums was far more interesting back in the days..

weed is legal in best korea

weed is illegal in Jamaika

Americans eat about 50 billion hamburgers a year.

Average American is weights 31kg more than average Bangladeshi.

Present day koreans originally only inhabited a tiny sliver of the southern coast of the Korean Peninsula.

Me living here

Why is the green area different than the rest ?

Because it's Sunni Islam there?

tatars

And Bashkirs

China has the longest express roads infrastructure in the world.
2nd longest has the USA and 3rd Canada.

Soviet Union collapsed before the inhabitants could be either exiled, murdered or russified?

gbtimes.com/life/first-buddhist-temple-europe-was-built-belgrade

A number of Kalmyks moved to Belgrade after the October revolution, but left again after commies took over here. The temple was destroyed in 1944 I wanna rebuild it ;_;

Yes m8 like they russified Finland 1808-1918
oh wait

Nobody tried to -
>exiled, murdered or russified
volga tatars during the soviet era.
It's even obligatorily for russians to learn tatar language at school here.

hmm that's interesting why they chose Serbia?

You need to be circumcised to get into US Army.

They tried to russify Finland hard, when they thought they had convinced them that they weren't Swedes anymore. They failed.

Chelyabinsk?

What is that country to the south of the UK?

France

Ok. Thanks.

Didn't realize Russia's little enclave on the Baltic is orthodox

Since there are a russians and poles here something from our history - Stepan Bandera leader of a ukrainian nazi nationalists was assasinated in Munich in 1959 by a pole working for KGB using hydrogen cyanide pistol which caused heart attach and remained undetected by authorities.

Only Russians live there. All Germans were sent from Kaliningrad right after WWII

Does anybody know who are these protestants on the east Hungary and the middle of Romanis?

bulgars and hungarians are from a turkic tribe called onogur

wtf? I love KGB now

filthy calvinists

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reformed_Church_in_Hungary

As for the Romanians, those are Hungarians as well.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Székely_Land
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarians_in_Romania

I heard that name of ancient Hungarians - Onogurs, came from ancient turkic language on which ancient Bulgarians were speaking and it means 'ten tribes' - 'on ogur'. Thats how ancient Bulgarians called ancient Hungarians. But they weren't one tribe. And Hungarians weren't even a turkic tribe.

How did you not know that? It's in your country even

the word comes from on-oguz, or the ten-oguz. it was a name given to a group of western oguz tribes. anatolian turks, azeri turks and tukmens also derive from the oguz tribes
there is a group left over(that is not slavified fully) in modern day moldova from these tribes called the gagauz(gok-oguz), they still speak an oguz turkic language that is intelligible with turkish but have accepted orthodox christianity as their religion rather than islam

> but have accepted orthodox christianity as their religion rather than islam
Why would they be muslims? As far as I know, at the time they settled in their current homeland they were pagans. And then it's logical that they converted to orthodox cause all of their neighbors were orthodox as well.

>cause all of their neighbors were orthodox as well
that is correct, i am not saying they shouldn't have. they are just turkic tribes that went west from the northern side, whilst other tribes that formed seljuks, ottomans etc went south first, conquering the persians and accepting islam instead of christianity
> they were pagans
not really, tengrism is a form of single-god-rule-over-many type religion with shaministic stuff added in

kek

Is there any relations today between Gagauz and Turkey? Cultural, economic, etc. I am asking because I'm from Tatarstan and we have a lot of projects with Turkey, even after this accident in November.

The map is oversimplified, they are not just in the east.

>Russia
>Europe
YOU WISH JEW

t. Taras

WE

Southern Italy was Eastern? Wtf?

Byzantine Empire

The rate of Irish immigration to Liverpool was so high that an Irish nationalist candidate actually won a seat there in the 1918 general election.

i don't know of any relations outside of the "hey we are all turks" type events

its more of a THEY, the separation occurred around a thousand years ago
the only proper relations today are the ancestorial and linguistics

Лoл, я caм ceгoдня yвидeл кaлмычкy в интepнeтe и зaгyглил "кaлмыкия", oхyeл, чтo oнa тaм, a нe гдe-тo в Cибиpи.

That's incredible, SNP note well

The holy land was mostly Christian still in 1060, as was Spain. This map just indicates the religion of the rulers

Brits bought some wood from Poles. Asked what wood they were selling, they replied:
>z Prus
which means "from Prussia". Now Brits call the wood spruce.

Interesting

fuck the Brits

I am Greek

I didn't know until a month ago that a small part of Kazakhstan is in Europe.

The average American is probably 20cm taller than the average bangladeshi, so it doesn't mean too much

Greek culture influenced buddhism a lot. There were no pictures or statues of Buddha before Alexander conquered Middle Asia. And Greeks were first who created Buddhas statue. His hairstyle on statues is typical mediterranian hairstyle.

That map is way too simplified.

ye every perso nwas christian they suddenly turned muslims thansk to ottomans, you fucking retard

neat

Well, average american weignts 15kg more than average french, so it means something.

okay you got me

im observing this thread

bump

The first Buddhist temple in Europe was built in Belgrade, Serbia to accommodate Buddhist Tsarists who escaped from the Soviet Union.

Is there any explanation why they chose Serbia to move?

The Kingdom of Yugoslavia welcomed Russians with open arms as brothers, and was VERY anti communist. Communist parties and press were banned.

>tfw the great schism happened

Saddest thing ever tbch

I have known very long.

bump

Actually if you read a little about it, you'll see that yes, in 1060 a good portion of the Middle East was still christian.

triggered

Fucking gommie scum

Fuck sw*den

>It's even obligatorily for russians to learn tatar language at school here
what? why??

Because they live in Tatarstan.

They aren't European tho

They live in Europe for 300 years. They have Russian culture, which is kinda European in some aspects.

still, i dont get why russians have to learn it. i didnt know autonomous regions have that much power

a pity that polish protestants were catholicisied or expelled to germany after 2nd world war. We'd have a little bit more diversity

Russians are East Slavic invaders on foreign lands.

>Kalmyk mongoloid sub humans
>Native to Europe

>czech is catholic

Glorious Habsburgs

Hussites BTFO

>still, i dont get why russians have to learn it
Because there are two official languages in Tatarstan - Russian and Tatar.
And to be honest, nobody takes learning Tatar for serious. Tatar kids know it anyway(sometimes not), Russian kids don't understand why they should learn it and they don't learn it and teachers understand them and don't try too hard. So at the end of the school nobody of Russian kids excepts some extra nerds can say at least a sentence in Tatar.
>i didnt know autonomous regions have that much power
After all shit happened in 90s we have. Central government understands that its much easier to be friends with your minorities and give them some rights than to fight with them. Pity you government don't understand.

do you know tatarcha?
and didnt you declare independence in 90s but russia didnt accept it so you had nothing to do? at least thats how i know

>Pity you government don't understand.
Russia have tons of little minorities and still Russian population is %80 of Russia.
However in Turkey, Kurds are the only significant minorities and They represent %30 maybe %35 of Turkish population. Giving autonomous state to them means creating bicephalous governance in Anatolia. Which probably will ends with great civil war.

>do you know tatarcha?
Yes, but there is lack of vocabulary because I don't speak it on a daily basis.
>and didnt you declare independence in 90s but russia didnt accept it so you had nothing to do
Kinda, but it wasn't Chechen-style when they started to murder Russians immediately after declaring independence. I guess it was more like a trick in order get some tax preferences and guarantees that current Tatar government will continue working on their posts. Central government agreed so we live in peace and everybody is kinda satisfied.

>when they started to murder Russians immediately after declaring independence
And again, r*ssian projects his propaganda.

Protestant Christianity confirmed the whitest religion.