What are Sup Forums's thoughts on Mint? I see a lot of dislike for Ubuntu here, esp Unity...

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on Mint? I see a lot of dislike for Ubuntu here, esp Unity, but Mint doesn't get a lot of discussion for a 'noob' distro.

Ever since their website was hacked and had their isos botneted they suffered a huge blow in their credibility

My grandparents use it. It's werks, but that's all.

Linux mint works fine but personally I hate the inserted Linux mint branding they put in half the apps on their repository.
Also it comes with a lot of unnecessary stuff installed.

It shouldn't even be a distro to be honest, since they obviously don't have the security chops to even do a half-decent job. It should be a DE project that other distros package.

It's the best, but having mint and ubuntu servers serving for updates, fucks things up in the long run. it's almost always no big issues arising, but issues are issues nonetheless.

I'm waiting for Canonical Ubuntu Cinnamon

best just werks distro

Is there a bloat-free Mint-like distro?

noob distro

>should be a DE project that other distros package
This, especially since it's literally just a riced Ubuntu

speaking of just works, i tried Mint in 2014,2015, and 2016, and every time i couldnt get sleep/hibernateto work on my laptop.

is it fixed yet in 2017?

swap devices

what?

buy a new computer, faglord

it's 2017

sleep & hibernation barely works on anything but prob won't work on loonix on any new hardware

it is what it is
good if you want something functional that requires minimal fussing around to get set up and stable

could be better, but as a base it stands above many others

why wouldn't you fags just run ubuntu mate?

It's not Arch. 0/10

>t. non-mate user

why wouldn't you fags just run xubuntu?

im running Mint with Mate, pretty comfy desu

Ubuntu minimal
Or you can just uninstall the packages you don't need like a normal person

i like it a lot, i use it on my netbook since lol botnet of modest devices
only one thing failed me and it was streamlink, for some reason it resuses to install properly/work
livestreamer still works so its not a big issue, but im kinda triggered by it

its nice
most recent version still supports upstart as an init system which is nice. my parents use it with no problems. It's a bit of a mess of a distro, but I honestly think its kind of a step in the right direction when it comes to user-friendly distributions since it almost always 'just werks' in my experience

I dual boot mint with Windows. In my opinion it has the best user interface and is the most pleasant to use distro.

I also think it has the most awful logo ever.

>linux runs better with new hardware
lmao

Yeah me too.

You don't host a website with Mint.

Decided to move from windows to linux yesterday, installed mint. Looked like shit, too much bloat, first post. Didn't even finish installing Ubuntu before uninstalling it, too slow, ugly, self-advertisement shit and bloatware. installed Debian, looked like shit so I uninstalled it. Installed Arch, it's comfy.

Good.
Now read the wiki. Especially the shit about pacman. And stay out of AUR for a while.

I am genuinely perplexed people use this steaming hot sack of shit. It's just Ubuntu with a shitty, buggy in house fucked up interpretation of an already shitty UI with decade old compiz effects even a twelve year old would be embarrassed to be caught using. Their Debian based release is somehow even worse than their Ubuntu one.

I wish people would stop giving these hacks press so people would donate to more worthwhile causes.

as someone who has tried Ubuntu MATE and Xubuntu my answer is that the Cinnamon desktop is way better than MATE or XFCE

I've been reading it constantly since I started installation, currently trying to get a window manager.