Is this really the worst state in the U.S.A.?

Is this really the worst state in the U.S.A.?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Chapultepec
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._state_budgets
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Canadian_federal_budget
theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/03/science-several-us-states-led-by-florida-are-flatter-than-a-pancake/284348/
youtube.com/watch?v=z2OoxzYqgNY
youtube.com/watch?v=fD_iSqmypfg
youtube.com/watch?v=bRjDJWeypUM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ye

Don't believe the memes. The worst is Mississippi, in pretty much every measure.

No, that honor goes to Michigan.

why? Don't know too much about Calofornia

Ohioan detected

It doesn't look like the worst from a foreigner point of view
I'd rather be in California with beautiful mountains nearby rather than in bumfuck nowhere in the Great Plains

For Europeans it would probably be one of the better states because you guys would be used to the type of laws and other shit it has, in fact it is probably much better than what you are used to but still shitty for us.

it's pretty bad. tons of poverty, really bad education system, no water, literally full of just the ugliest mexican shits you've ever seen. also, too hot.

California without Californians would be pretty cool. Just the spics, commies and "like, you know" weed lmao & surf idiots that ruin it. But even then it's still too warm and dry, at least away from the coast. Mountains seem nice though.

>All that spanish names
GIVE HORO

Rightful Mexican clay.

daily reminder that mexico city was conquered by american troops in 1847

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Chapultepec

>really bad education system
Is it really? I have heard stereotypes, that to pass and get a GED is so easy that a 9 year old kid from China or Japan can do it.

Alabama, Mississippi, Michigan, Georgia, New Mexico, and Ohio are worse. But yeah it's in the bottom 10.

This

california seems to be the most successfull and rich state and in the same time the least white state

It's not necessarily the worst per se, but it's definitely the state that's fallen the farthest.

Delet

California, along with New York and maybe Texas are the only relevant states in the US.

NO WATER

>heaven on earth
>filled with the worst people on earth

yes
filled with liberals, spics, SJWs and chinks. biggest gungrabber state. huge tax drain on the US. no water. incompetent as fuck state government. and they think theyre hot shit
dont worry they know

they have great landscapes and amazing real estate but they have terrible "culture" and goddamn are they stupid

Pic related.

>huge tax drain on the US
does it also have the most extensive welfare programs?

ya california's education system is notoriously bad. one of the worst in the country.

not the worst but it should be MUCH better considering how much money is in the state

yes, so if youre paco the illegal and need to support your family of 25, its no problem

>best
>nebraska
wtf

It's a pretty good place if you've ever stayed more than a week

What the fuck is that map based off of, hot opinions?

white people, extremely low unemployment, low violent crime, good schools, low cost of living. it's a very nice place to live. omaha and lincoln are usually ranked among the cities with the highest livability scores.

the flyovers are really cheap and peaceful to live in which is a lot of what those lists are based off of

>lol flat and boring lmao !

Fuck off. I'm from Minnesota but Nebraska is bro tier. Safe, clean, relatively healthy, pretty smart. I wouldn't live there personally but it's a stable midwestern state

Living in California is the best. The people are happy, friendly and outgoing. In a lot of other places in America I lived and visited, it hasn't been nearly a good. Maybe CA residents deal with their stress better, maybe its the moderate climate or beautiful sunsets.

Source: my ass

Unemployment Rates
Median income adjusted cost of living
Education (Spending per student and low Student Teacher Ratio)
Commute Times
Crime Rates
Weather

MISSOURI MENTIONED

The only reason I don't live in Cali is the general politics. I like guns and low taxes, so Cali really isn't for me. Don't believe the memes though, it is a beautiful state. I live in Arizona and I drive to SoCal every now and then when the weather is nice, driving through that landscape is pure bliss.

Canada is the worst US state tbqh

>Living in California is the best.
well, according to literally every quality of life study done ever, you're wrong.

>also, nebraska is one of the happiest states, lel

This isn't Reddit. Liberal American hubs like California are hated like Canada.

OK.

How does Virginia match up with any of its ranked peers in the Midwest?
Why are Vermont and New Hampshire so high, but Maine so low?
In what universe is Florida close to Alabama/Mississippi in any of those regards?
Why is Michigan so low compared to similar Rustbelt states like Ohio and Pennsylvania?
Why is Arkansas so low compared to Texas and Oklahoma?

>t. Califag

NEW HAMPSHIRE IN GRAPH
NEW HAMPSHIRE IS RELEVAAAAAANT

What is going on in Mississippi?

California government budget
>247.0 billion 2016-17
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._state_budgets

Canadian government budget
>288.9 billion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Canadian_federal_budget

wut the hell does california spend it's money on? canada has to pay for a military and healthcare, california doesn't have any of that.

it was an agricultural state that didn't adapt after the civil war. +niggers.

cuz gringos be haters ese, we took our land back and they is extremly buthurt fressa

Different poster here, but in what way is Florida NOT close to Alabama/Mississippi in those regards?

I have no idea. The map is pretty consistent with most others posted itt so I dont see why you are so surprised.

You can press the arrow next to the post number that shits out a source if you wanted to look it up yourself

Nigger, California has extensive welfare programs, including healthcare and education.

>Why are Vermont and New Hampshire so high, but Maine so low?
desu i dont know why but maine has always been poorer than it's new england counterparts. maybe because the ground is rockier and less fertile? i don't know the reason but it's been consistent throughout history.

Michigan is low because the entire state was based around detroit's automanufacturing and detroi's lake port. both of which died so the state suffered. pennsylvania is a rustbelt state too but they were never as dependent on a single industry like michgan was so it was easier to recover. pittsburgh, for example, was a big steel city. once american steel faded out, the city quickly diversified it's economy and now is a pretty good city to live in.

Well Florida'd unemployment rate is 1.5% lower, its cost of living is substantially higher, commute times are radically different due to population density, and its climate is only really similar in the northern part of the state.

I just looked it up and I'll give you education and crime though.

Google search yields pretty much nothing but unrelated maps, and it's surprising to me because of some of the states with similar rankings being so different at a glance.

>The people are happy, friendly, and outgoing
>happy
>friendly
>outgoing
>Californians

well canada literally has a singleplayer system so whatever california has shouldn't be as expensive because it's not as extensive. and maybe they need to get a refund on their education prices because california has one of the worst education system and consistently produces the dumbest kids and some of the lowest test scores in the nation.

>implying politics and religion are the root, and not poverty
Causation doesn't mean correlation, especially considering these things in America:
>poor people are fat these days
>people enduring economic hardship turn to religion more
>poor people commit more crime
>more crime means higher incarceration rate
>low taxable income for the state means worse education
>poverty typically means poor prenatal care
>stress plus other issues of being poor shorten your life
After making note of all of this, look at where the worse states are most of the time. Southern states, whose industry got killed by the civil war and took a long time to do any meaningful reconstruction, and other states where their original profitable industries have died.

No. Thats a pol meme. There's nowhere I'd rather live.

It's not THE worst state but it's definitely one of the worst. The only nonshit thing about the state is its environment.

California has high Medicaid limits so some 45% of the populace is covered by it. It's one of the only states where you can be solidly middle class and not have health insurance.

UC schools are good, but most of the students that go there are foreign students. Californians themselves go to mostly community colleges which, while low cost, are very poor in terms of education quality.

i mean im sure its nice but im biased against the plains because i like trees and hills and shit

For a white male? Yes

Truth on the schools, my aunt teaches at USC and she says 85% of her students are from India or the Middle East.

2bh with you senpai, eastern nebraska is endless rolling hills and lots of trees and rivers. omaha has like 4 rivers flowing through/near its metro.

Yeah, its too bad that most of the people who advertise getting rid of the National Parks are from California.

We have hills, and we have some trees.

It's also a glorified corn field.

>Californians
>friendly
>outgoing

They are like New Yorkers in a sunshine state.

memes.

>one picture disputes it's second flattest state status

Not true. Most people in California are either ghetto or snobby. When I moved to Arizona the people are much friendlier and happier, and much more approachable. Not to mention we have better sunsets and much more than 2 stars at night.

but it's not even that flat wtf

theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/03/science-several-us-states-led-by-florida-are-flatter-than-a-pancake/284348/

it's averagely flat. not even that different from the memest of memestates that is california.

>Half the state isn't flat
>"The entire state is flat because I saw one picture guys"

>tfw life long Massachusettsen

Everything west of Springfield and south of Fall River is a filthy 3rd World wasteland desu

Rest of the country is just jealous of our cars and our ability to cruise around to pick up bitches and race.

Vid related; what the average Californian does on Friday and Saturday nights.

youtube.com/watch?v=z2OoxzYqgNY

All Nebraska haters need to GTFO

youtube.com/watch?v=fD_iSqmypfg

This video gives me feels.

It isn't the amount of small hills, it's the complete lack of mountains, depressions, or canyons.

It doesn't have to be the flattest averaging out the standard elevation change, it has to be the most uniform elevation changes.

You didn't make sense there but I understand.

I would completely agree with you if it was 60 years ago. California has changed user.

ur a big memer. western nebraska is full of buttes, cliffs, and canyons and eastern nebraska is full of big hills and bluffs. "no mountains" != flat.

>Is this really the worst state in the U.S.A.?
That's Peru, my friend

>jealous of not being able to significantly modify your cars
>jealous of strict emissions restrictions
>jealous of having to go in for emissions tests
>jealous of that traffic
>jealous of those gas prices
KEK

>be me
>Californian
>go to Santa Barbara for the Halloween event thing
>Santa Barbara is still like 80% white
>and it's in SoCal
>girls are hot sluts
>party all the time
>race cars
>go to the beach
>go to the mountains and forest wilderness
>get to eat bomb ass Mexican food and Asian food
>get to fuck Latinas and Asians and blonde white girls

lmao rest of you inbred flyover hicks can't do that

No. Mississippi is.

lad......................springfield and fall river are 3rd world wastelands....

>Entirety of Midwest is 90% white
>Girls are qt and will give their lives to you
>Get to relax with your friends and dick around without consequence
>Race cars down the interstates and have nobody get after you
>Go to the lake
>Go camping in the pine forests or at the Dells
>Eat kuchen, fried chicken, and puppy chow (pic related)
>Get to have wonderful dates and frisky bedtime activities with a wide variety of European lookalikes

Pls

tied with Florida, yes

>no argument about the heap of facts presented
>starts raving about fucking fat spics and crazy gooks and making shit up about how he, a Sup Forums poster, is r9k's idea of chad

Work on your image, I thought your state was just pic related

Arkansas is the worst.

SoCal is rightful clay lads.

>tfw Connecticut

Muh HDI

Hello there neighbor :^)

youtube.com/watch?v=bRjDJWeypUM

Peak negro

>be a literal 4/10 in California
>go to the Midwest
>get a bunch of compliments and pick up lines

>tfw green surrounded by reds

spooky shit desu

Lel stop meming. California gives away more in taxes then it gets back.

How is this not flat?

Lots of bumpy """"hills""""" does not make it not flat. Nothing in there is high. It's flat. It's flat as fuck.

We are nice folk, even to the disabled :^)

>Picture of rolling hills
>"No those don't count"