Not using the best distro with the best DE

>not using the best distro with the best DE

what's wrong with you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nIs2x8coDBo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

but I am

Unity is fine if you watch anime and spend the rest of your time in a browser. It's so limited and uncustomizable that I can't imagine anyone doing serious work using it though.

have you tried unity 8?

>SQL for Beginners
>reddit
>League of Legends
>Ubuntu
>Chrome

You fucking disgust me. Get off my board and don't come back.

>limited and uncustomizable
Perfect for getting work done.

>look how special I am!

i don't poo in the loo

>unity
>best DE

you need more MATE n your life friend.

I use gentoo with awesomewm.

is this the DE thread or what
using a 'DE' is freaking dumb anyway

It feels like we've been waiting a decade for 17.04 to arrive. They have been re-releasing the same shit for the past ten releases though.

why are u using a tk interface?
shiiiieeeeeettttt

thats cool i should do that

because they are developing unity 8
youtube.com/watch?v=nIs2x8coDBo

terry, pls

You got it backwards, its the people who don't get any work done that have time for customization

But I am: Linux Mint Cinnamon Edition 18.1 Serena

What kind of productivity functionality are you missing? You can move windows around, maximize, minimize, fill half of the screen, move to another workspace, run commands, search apps. Most importantly, you can do absolutely everthing with keyboard.

I guess if you're into tiling managers, you might miss proper tiling, but that's a niche thing.

Just to add. I grant you that it's not costomizable, but that's not the same as limiting. I can do everything you can do with gnome or xfce or whatever just as conveniently. Customization matters only if you have some very specific needs. But being productive does not imply having niche needs.

You cannot make windows full screen. There's always some taskbar or menu in the way. It's also sluggish and can you even have multiple virtual screens?

>he doesn't customize his workflow to increase his productivity to compete with pajeet
Enjoy losing your job

You can make them fullscreen if the programs allow it. And they do allow it, if it's neccessary for the task

I spent a lot of my time in Emacs and Firefox. None of them can maximise itself without having the top and side bar present at all times. Waste of screen space. Any proper window management, even in Windows, will allow you to make use of your entire screen.

>that font

why does linux text look so bad compared to windows?

What the fuck are you saying? That looks pretty alright and it's a well known fact that Windows font rendering is awful whereas Linux font rendering ranges from decent to absolutely amazing.

it gives me a headache looking at it. windows text looks normal.. that looks weird

May I suggest you visit a medical professional? It may just be a case of lack of sophistication and appreciation for the aesthetic, but it might as well be a brain tumour.

Arch just works. After about two weeks of ubuntu I found myself having system error dialogue boxes come up applications being outdated. Pacman + AUR is simply superior.

no, it's just linux is garbage as usual and can't do proper font rendering

not him but when i went from winblows to ubuntu i found it weird too
Takes 5 minutes to get used to it though

But I am

> (You)
>You cannot make windows full screen. There's always some taskbar or menu in the way.
I have no idea what you're talking about. Of course you can run programs fullscreen if they support that. And most programs (definitely including Firefox and terminal) support it.

>It's also sluggish
That's a fair point. When I was using a computer with 1.7ghz processor, Unity felt sluggish and so I didn't use it. Now, with a computer with 2.3ghz, it doesn't feel sluggish at all.

>and can you even have multiple virtual screens?
Of course you can. These are called wotkspaces. Seems like you're criticizing Unity without ever having tried it. I'm not saying that you should try it if you're satisfied with your succent setup, but don't spread misinformation.

My time is better spend reading good books. This time investment will pay tenfold compared to some micro optimisations of your code churning setup. Pro tip: if writing code (as opposed to thinking, reading, designing protocols or whatever) constitutes the majority of your working time, you're doing it wrong.

This is your brain on Arch.

i3wm is better for not having tons of overlapping, disgusting shit in your face.
It's like if the tab system of a modern web browser were fractal.

>Chrome
So you can't read either.

unity 8 is still a piece of shit. it will be at least two more years before it is good enough to replace current unity.

I was comparing Unity only with other non-tiling window managers and said that Unity lavks no functionality.
However, I completely agree that tiling managers have something that the mainstream environments don't.

>I can't imagine anyone doing serious work using [Unity] though.
meanwhile anyone looking to do serious work on Linux uses either Ubuntu or Fedora

Windows font rendering sucks ass in Windows 10

So you are with macroshaft and use designated shitting streets?

Debian is better.

I'm using it, but to call it the best distro or to imply unity is even acceptable is pure autism. My other partition is OpenSUSE, which is objectively superior in every way. Sometimes I get so pissed off at unity that I ctrl-alt-f2 and startx /usr/bin/xmonad just to get away from it. I really can't stand this piece of shit DE and the way it lags out when I mod4, or the way it wants me to use it's bullshit gui when I press alt-D too quickly.

You've got to be either fucked in the head or have not used Arch for more than a week if you think this is true. I haven't gotten nearly the same kind of issues on Ubuntu that I had on Arch. This coming from someone who is insanely anti-Ubuntu, fyimfsmh.

That web browser takes up a lot of space, my friend. Consider switching to Metanoia.

never heard of it
any links?
does it have https everywhere and adblocker and tabs on the side?

>Ubuntu
>Unity

Pick exactly 0.