IOS

I'm thinking of making the switch from Android to iOS. To people who have made the jump, what made you switch and what took the longest to get used to and are you happy with iOS, or are you planning on switching back?

>still no file manager
Pain in the ass OS

There is, poorfag

When I switched. Having no back button was shit. Everything was smooth and fast. iOS is ok but I like Android more. My OP3T is as smooth as my old 6s and has a back button. Thank you for reading. Pajeet out.

it's better and more secure, do it and you'll never look back. ignore pajeet posting, the phone doesn't need to waste valuable screen space on an extra universal back button as every app has to fit a set of UI guidelines and the back button is always in one place when it's needed. lots of little things like that make for a far better experience unless you're an absolute autist who needs "customization" or the type of person who takes the gamer approach to computing and just looks for higher numbers.

I made the jump, got a 5c last year, about a day ago the screen stopped responding properly (It would select things I didn't select etc). This pissed me off to the point of throwing it on the floor and I broke the fucking screen.

i have an android phone that i used for about a year (a samsung galaxy s4 google edition) and a while later i got an iPhone 6. with android you get really deep tie-in to google features. with iOS you can still link google accounts, but it feels a lot less seamless. like the two camps were grinding their teeth acquiescing to each other. they probably were.

iOS behaves much more consistently throughout. the fact that a team went and invested a substantive amount of time evaluating user interface designs before and during implementation is apparent with iOS. with android i got (and continue to get) the feeling that various companies have taken it upon themselves to implement their own skins and UI quirks mostly for no other reason than to be unique. there's no room for that in iOS-land.

iOS has second class citizens with regard to apps. the apple-developed apps clearly get more access and whatnot than third party apps. but it also seems like there's generally less variance in the quality of apps. this could just be a perceptual thing, or due to my being more familiar with iOS, so it might not be a thing for you.

you threw your phone at the floor in rage?

have any of your friends ever "jokingly" suggested anger management?

>Can't set default app

>being a literal child
iPhone sounds like a good fit for you

Nobody knows I did it user :^). I'm usually not an angry person but I was trying to do something important and when it didn't work how I wanted it to I just lost it.

I don't however see it as a big loss since it was a cheap second hand 5c and the charge cycle count was already 360 cycles.

Made the switch a few days ago, though I have previously used iOS devices (mostly an iPod touch, I also had an iPad for a little while), just never an iPhone until now. Before this I was using a Blackberry Classic, and before that an Android phone.

So far I like it. Probably the shittiest thing is that moving files to/from it can be convoluted. You basically have to use iTunes to do this, though I haven't had any problems so far. I have a mac so it was all automatic, though I imagine if you use windows, which has a shitty iTunes port, or linux, which has no iTunes port at all, it can be a pain.

>I was trying to do something important and when it didn't work how I wanted it to I just lost it.
you say this like you think it was justified. you should see a therapist.

and about the cycles:
- you should be getting to ~500 before you see real battery issues
- 360 cycles over the span of a year? a cycle is a full battery drain. you were topping it off and completely draining it basically every single day?
- even replacing an iPhone SE battery isn't that hard (assuming you have a steady hand and can follow instructions diligently).

between the phone screen "spontaneously" breaking, your violent (but apparently not extraordinary) outburst, and the fact that you apparently fully discharge your phone every single day, i'm beginning to think you're just one of those people that treats their devices the way an ape handles a tire.

Why do you want to switch?

I tried for a while, then went back. It was pretty much the same thing, but my android had 3 lower buttons which I was pretty used to. I also couldn't get my weeb games on the iphone, nor transfer a lot of my existing games data without some sort of painful signup process with third parties.

All things considered, I also would have to manage transferring files through iTunes which was also a pain in the ass, and if something did go wrong on the iphone, I'd probably end up having to reset or take it to the apple store, versus copy/paste and root access.

I prefer a lack of integration between services, like having to link your facebook/twitter with everything, or with google's stuff as well. Of course, on the android, you can pretty much circumvent every system that gets in your way through some method.

>I also would have to manage transferring files through iTunes which was also a pain in the ass,
when did you last use an iPhone? if you're talking about syncing for music, most people use spotify or some other streaming service (and the app also syncs local files if you're on the same wifi network).

but yeah if you're committed to the native music player then i guess you have to use that to sync things over.

>and if something did go wrong on the iphone, I'd probably end up having to reset or take it to the apple store, versus copy/paste and root access.
apple has backups pretty much nailed, though. os x and iOS do reasonable backups that make resetting pretty painless.

>using file manager

FOR WHAT? There's an app for everything.

switched from a note 4 edge cause it was having problems and they offered me a different phone. got an iPhone 6, was great at first.

Soon ended up regreting switching. The keyboard is dogshit. the phone randomly freezes a lot and drops my calls, apps crash every once in awhile enough to annoy the fk out of me. also doesn't even make calls sometimes and in order to fix it i have to turn it off and on for it to start working and it also heats up for no reason.

I've been through 5 iPhone 6 replacements all having the same problem when with no apps installed still happens. The jews at tmobile Wont exchange it back or give me a different phone anymore.

switching back to a note 7 when they come back. I rather take my chances with a bomb that actually works until it blows up than having a phone that hardly works at all.

also the only thing I'll really miss on iPhones is the icloud lock. does Android even have anything like that?

ive heard of Android device manager, but I'm not sure if it's as secure as icloud lock that there's no way around it?

Why would you buy a 3 year old phone, of course its higher risk of having problems. But from your childish reaction it sounds like you need a dumb phone anyways.

Jesus, just use iCloud Drive. It's built in to iOS and Mac. No need for iTunes fuckery.

They do but only on certain devices (Nexus 5X/6P/Pixel phones), not sure about other OEMs but probably not.

And people have found ways around it as well. Android is such a fucking mess.

>easily financed by part-time ditch diggers

HURR HURR U DONT LUV IPHONE UR JUST POORFAG XDXDXD

This.

Also, notifications are broken and Siri is absolute dog shit.

so the iphone sucks because you get bad reception where you live? lol ok chief.

>i have tmobile
>i can't make calls
yup sounds like tmoble alright

this pic is from last decade man
the war is over, you lost
go home soldier

Overpaying for hardware to get:
>no SD card slot
>no 3.5mm
>no removable battery
>participating in a monopolistic market

Also
>can't remove preinstalled apps
>can't use whatever keyboard I want
>can't set whatever default apps I want
>can't install software not on the app store
>letting the phone control you not the other way around

Hey but at least valley girls will like you because you have a blue bubble r-right g-guys

Why does platform choice bother you so much?

Why does pointing out flaws of the iPhone bother you so much?

But user, aren't macfags always saying how apple shit is better than Android because no matter how old it gets it still works great and you don't feel the age at all?

so, autism?

stop pretending a smart phone is supposed to be a 1:1 experience compared to using your desktop autist

fanatical idiots preaching apple superiority based on marketing memes they fell for has not changed in decades and never will
>iOS market share under 20%
APPLE WON!
POORFAGS BTFO
ALL MY BOYFRIENDS HAVE IPHONE

The build quality is nice, but you're going to need a case if you don't want to break it like a retard.

Apple Pay is godly, so if your bank supports it you'll want to start using it when/if possible. It's also more secure than regular cards which is nice.

My main reason to switch was the integration with the other mac products is very good. Most people on Sup Forums won't care or ever experience it, but using things like airdrop, homekit, icloud, etc is a very pleasant experience.

The experience is also more consistent across iPhones. You won't buy it wondering how it'll work in a year or if you'll still be getting updates, because Apple supports devices for much longer than android companies.

All in all I'm much happier with an iPhone.

I used iPhones for a few years, it felt like I had less control, OpenVPN isn't native in iOS yet and might not ever be, though you can still get it working with some apps. But onto apps you have less choices with everything

As far as updates go, it's good and bad. They try to fix security holes promptly which is good. However, when a new iOS comes out or a big update you will see your phone become more slow / glitchy or break. For instance a portion of the screen disappears and never comes beck due to an update... you have to take it into an Apple store it's the only way to fix it

Once you use an iphone for a while and you see the planned obsolescence built into the phones, you'll being to not trust Apple and then you don't trust them with your information and the 'security' thing feels less important or useless .

I switched to android , though I wish there were more options outside of Google

Does iOS have a Sup Forums app?

No, they removed it a few years back.

The chan made by some russian guy in dashchan

stfu

does this app work on non blue boards?

ah, well thought out and informative response
i'll definitely take this info into consideration user

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Yes click + in top right corner to add board

> in dashchan
what

No file manager
No root access
Doesn't play FLAC
Doesn't play any video container but mp4
usb mode isn't mtp or anything functional
No Expandable memory

I hated it user. Got an iPhone cause it's more elegant years ago.
Ended up buying a z3 at cost and never looking back

Russian Sup Forums

does this have Sup Forums pass support by any chance? (sorry for multiple questions)

>No file manager
iCloud Drive
>No root access
Huge security risk, also who gives a fuck about root anymore
>Doesn't play FLAC
Again, who gives a fuck. FLAC is for audiophiles with $20k speakers
>Doesn't play any video container but mp4
false, iOS has VLC
>usb mode isn't mtp or anything functional
Using USB to transfer files. This is 2017, not 2007.
>No Expandable memory
Using slow ass SD cards instead of magnificent (and fully encrypted) NVMe storage

Oh, ok.
I bought it and it's pretty good. Works fast enough even on 4s.

Can you show more about of that app?

No but you can request it in his github page he is pretty active about adding new features also he has thread on 2ch /mobi/ and seems to speak english fine

>iCloud Drive
You can't be serious, this has to be bait.
>root=risk
Dumbass
>FLAC is for audiophiles
No but I want to hear music at a greater extent you cuck.
>VLC
The app is very uncomfortable and shit honestly for me at least.
>USB compatibility
Enjoy your restricted trash
>Expandable memory is shit use the Cloud my friend!
Enjoy a shit future of the 'cloud' meme.

Apple products are for simple-minded people that don't understand technology and just 'want it to werk'.
If you want to actually function with versatility Android is definitively better.

I just bought it seems okay

>guy gets mad once
>Sup Forums acts like doctors
>"Go see a doctor dude!!11!!"

>using (((the cloud)))

>Company is known for being created and ran by faggots
>Faggots buy their products
>Steve Jobs had AIDS
>New special edition (RED) AIDS charity iPhone
>user suddenly wants one

Don't do it. It looks nice on the surface but has zero functionality outside of browsing Facebook. They're literally toys.

No there isn't. Don't lie, Pajeet. Apple has been reycling shit ideas for decades. See pic related and compare it to a "new" jet black iShit 7.

>more secure
A false sense of security is worse than none at all. I would argue that hardened Nougat ROMs like Copperhead OS with FDE enabled are twice as secure as iOS, specifically because I can view most of the source code to prove the validity of those security features whereas iOS is a closed off blackbox. If you want to be a tech illiterate cuck and take Applel's word for it, go ahead.

Why are you using Google services at all? Unlock the bootloader and flash Lineage OS. Also, the consistency argument in regards to UI hasn't been valid since Google introduced material design, which is a specific set of rules for devs to follow.

>just use the cloud goyim! XD
He didn't say Windows 10, faggot.

I had an iPhone 6 on Sprint and a 5c on AT&T. Both had horrible reception and got noticeably hot just from charging or from watching a YouTube video. They also lag like shit after an update or two. After three or four they become slow to the point of being nearly unusable. Fuck Apple.

cool i just did a little while ago and it got moved into approved requests

The only thing I miss is expandable storage. Having a little device that can do bittorent, emulation, piracy, etc. is cute and all, but I sit in front of my desktop most of the time so I'd rather dick around on that than have a messy lagdroid again.

Lol stop being so butthurt about being poor.
Get a job.

So here's my take.

Got a job doing applecare and won an iPad a few years ago. Here's my experience with it.

No file system...no usb device support at all. So even if you do access the file system via jailbreak external hdd is useless anyway.

No mouse support...a small gripe but android has it.

Everything is Bluetooth or nothing.

And worst iTunes needed to properly manage the thing.

So it works like this. Apple dictates what your device is for not you. Android is a bit looser with shit and acts more than an actual fucking operating system. Now while it's true that Apple is harder to break that would be because it does nothing in the first place.

With iOS Apple dictates the usage and you conform. You will be CONSTANTLY fighting the constraints of the OS. It is only made to do certain things in very specific ways. It is not and cannot be a proper computer...that has to happen seperately with an extra device.

Android is just an operating system that interface aside can be treated like any other computing device. You can even program on it if you like. Theoretically you don't NEED a separate computer as Android can perform most functions of a computer.

So what are you after? A stricly mobile device or a more computer like experience?

Bought an 64GB SE since the Nexus line is dead and was all I had used since the Nexus 4.

if Apple refreshes the SE style of phones then I'll probably never use an Android device again. I do kinda wish I'd bought a 6S though since this phone is seriously small. I don't watch anything more substantial than the odd youtube vid on my phone so it's not too big of a deal, but I didn't wanna go all-in in case I didn't like iOS.

Lack of a back button was confusing at first, but most apps allow you to simply swipe left/right from the edge of the screen to go back/forward