Why does Sup Forums hate videogames so much?

Why does Sup Forums hate videogames so much?

Why do you buy high end parts for home use if you aren't playing games? What do you even do? Sit around configuring your OS, running benchmarks, and compressing archives all day?

Other urls found in this thread:

bisimulations.com/virtual-battlespace-3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

3d rendering, compiling, electrical and physics simulations.

People hate games because they are typically some of the lowest quality software created. It was different years ago with things like quake 3 when there were decent efforts to push technology. Now most games are crude console ports, you have software that runs on 1.6ghz jaguar cores being so poorly ported that the PC version requires 4ghz+ intel cores to run well. The majority are only developed to the point they just barely run without crashing, you would probably find many cases of large sections of code are being run through emulation layers rather than being ported with performance losses of 50% or more..

You can thank the normies for sopping up any thing they are handed, making those practices viable

there's already like three video game boards, surely you don't need the whole /tech/ board aswell

did you see Sup Forums tech threads?
if you think it's bad here, think again

I see what they did there.. so Sup Forums is actually the tech board huh lol
sounds good

>Sit around playing mindless vidya gaymes all day
get a life kid.

>be 10-24
>like video games
>get a real job
>realize that you no longer like video games
>see them as a way to waste free time while waiting for something if you don't have anything else to do

It will happen to you soon enough.

this.
rollercoaster tycoon uses fucking assembly to be peak performance back in the day.. now they use fucking javascript in half of the gayme because they're fucking garbage at coding and push out half finished gaymes

The only videogame you need is DOTA

>the PC version requires 4ghz+ intel cores to run well
False. Ryzen is more than enough for most games at 60hz. However, 144hz do require those 4ghz intel cores.

Not necessarily, but why bring those discussions here when you can keep them on the according boards?

>Be 22
>Stop playing video games because you don't have any free time now that you're out of college
>Get married and have even less time
>Become 27
>Realize that you no longer have any fun or individuality and your life revolves around your job while your free time is dedicated to errands or watching movies with your wife
>Spend $2000 and build a new rig
>Start playing video games
>They're just as fun as you remember them being and you don't know why you quit

16 months later and I'm still going strong. I'm even planning to upgrade to a 1080ti soon since I'm putting aside $200 every month for me to spend on stupid bullshit.

This.

Recently got out of an addictive relationship with video games. I became a lot more productive and my work ethic improved within two weeks.

For an adult, most video games are trash. Games like KSP which can test your thinking are a small exception I suppose.

Who do you think makes computer games fucktard? You're nothing more than a consumer. You don't belong here.

Keep in mind I'm only 19, but the improvement was massive.

>Who do you think makes computer games
Not Sup Forums, that's for fucking sure.

AMD shills trying to silence the 7700k superiority for games. Suddenly everyone is playing big business man in their 'homelab' with their 8 core cpu

I don't desu. I work a semi-comfy government job drafting and designing bridges, my work computer is provided and I'm not expected to work outside the office, so my PC is mainly for vidya as one of my many hobbies.

Sure, I play less that when I was in my early 20s, but I get more out of it per hour than I used to, so I like to have a nice experience when I do. Let the salty workflow users be mad.

>For an adult, most video games are trash

Man, you're barely out of high school. You have no room to claim what is "for an adult".
What doesn't work for you may very well be fine for someone else.

>be 10-24
>like video games
>get a real job
>still like video games
>be over 24
>continue enjoying video games

Good thing I don't let my job consume my life. There's plenty of time in the week to both play video games and have other hobbies.

This. Since I got a job I actually like I started getting into games again too. Even got a Oculus Rift.

>waste of time
visits Sup Forums

>be 8-42
>like video games
>be 43
>still like video games

data analysis, massive compiling tasks, rendering, multiple VMs

>suddenly every intel shill is blind

we don't hate video games for the most part. we hate kids who think everything is about video games and litter Sup Forums with their vidya this, vidya that.

>muh games

Sup Forums - Seismic Analysis

>cinebench multi doesn't count
>cinebench single thread does't count
>power draw / TDP doesn't count
>blender doesn't count
>memory speed doesn't count
>I/O doesn't count
>IPC doesn't count

>only clockspeed counts
>only 640x480 counts
>16 threads? what do you want 8 for? 4 is all you'll ever need!

Funny how the second AMD is equal (or leads) in anything it suddenly doesn't count. Sup Forums has been suspiciously quiet on the power draw front in particular since the 7700k is a single socket holocaust next to even the 1800x (and heaven forbid x99).

>I only play mature video games for mature people such as myself
>kerbal space program

It doesn't count because non of that shit does it any good. It still gets whipped by Intel.

>B-but user, it may be slower but it has moar corz!!

>actual denial

Which branch of Tom's do you work for?

>playing games all day
You know, it is possible to only play for a few hours. Like how people read, watch tv, or do anything to entertain themselves. Over indulgence is always bad... why are video games always assumed to be abused?

Yup me too user. Though I hadn't suffered as long as you had. I graduated college last may and am in a two-year graduate program currently. No games last semester, only movies w/ fiancee, errands, and schoolwork.

Started playing again this semester and my work has been better, I've been happier, and they're just as good as they ever were.

How are you this delusional? Have you actually read a deep technical review of ryzen or are you just basing your shitposts off of the cherrypicked benchmarks thrown around on Sup Forums?

That is just a statement of defeat.

PC Master Race my ass, salty as fuck you are because even supposedly weaker console hardware runs the game better than your expensive PC.

They don't. It's just that the AMD shill narrative fell flat on its face after AMD actively marketed Ryzen towards gamers and it didn't deliver, so now of a sudden games "don't matter" anymore.

It's the same old retardation from these jehowah witness tier lunatics.

Not that Sup Forums hates videogaems, but they do hate retards who's only consideration when buying or comparing anything is "How does it play vidyagaems". Tech-illiterate fanboys that also tend to buy useless crap marketed towards gaymurrz.

Ryzen does fine in games, but loses 10-20 FPS at 1080p, so you see retards losing their minds that they're not getting the full 144hz out of their shiny new monitors or whatever.

ARMA3

CIV6

And so on

It matters in games in which every fps more can better your gaming experience.

>ARMA3
Poorly optimized garbage.
>CIV6
This is turn based. Do you have brain damage?

this. i swear to god you preening nerds are clinically retarded

nice bait, you rustled some jimmies on Sup Forums. I hope you screencap it and post it on your friendo's discord.

>CIV6
yeah it's actually equal to i7 there and ryzen is better at that because it handles turns better, ture 4X processor, if it has even little threading done

arma 3 is really "not working" on ryzen though, true, you get only 60-70 fps

ARMA doesn't run well on anything and never will - the only way to get the engine to perform is absolute brute force with the most powerful single thread you can get your hands on.

Video games like anime are for pathetic excuses of "men". Men don't do fag shit like that, men eat steak, hunt, football, and other masculine manly activities like that. Fucking losers need to be beaten up more often so they man up for once.

AMD marketed Ryzen as good for streaming games, which it is significantly better at than a 4 core 8 thread CPU.

Well you have to do something or you'll just end up as a good goy drone for schlomo shekelstein

It's not a server chip so power draw is totally irrelevant, get over it

>i-i-i-t doesn't count!

It sure counted when the FX chips were guzzling juice. Its also why nobody on Sup Forums looked at AMD's APUs indepth because they are rather quite effecient on the gpu side (and the cpu side isn't too shabby. Being a server chip or not is irrelevant, power effeciency is an important metric for an architecture that has to scale across the entire spectrum.

Consider how huge mobile computing still is and there power effeciancy matters (and intel has to horribly butcher their chips to keep them from being housefires).

Go back to Sup Forums faggot, Sup Forums never claimed the "pcmasterrace" bullshit, and yes the console hardware is weaker, not supposedly so, and the devs are the ones at fault for making lazy ports which most pc gamers still buy up because they're illiterate fucks

Casual normies ruined it all, once again.

what if I hunt, eat boars AND play video games?

Its because their real market is elsewhere.

bisimulations.com/virtual-battlespace-3

Nice b8.

Even my hardest infantry bros like to sit down and play video games now and then.

The most pathetic thing is trying to base your life around what you think is "manly".

THIS

Because most of us have grown past that stage and regret all the lost time for vidya memories that lack meaningful substance.

Reminds me of my dad. He too has "grown past" having fun and now his free days are filled with such amazing substance such as scotch, yardwork, going to restaurants, or yelling at the TV.

He is truly what we should all aspire to be