BlackBerry KEYone

Who's /hyped/?

I mean, it's neat and all, but
>Android

Breddy stoked, but can we be sure that Blackberry will maintain it? You cant root it most likely so it will be dead when they say so.

If I can get a custom ROM running on that, it would be pretty sweet.

If their support is anything like their BB10OS devices you should get at least few years out of it.

Good luck with that.

thing is that unlike with BB10OS they are almost dead

People have been saying that for like a decade.

No curved keyboard rows?

No buy

Blackberry were still huge in 2007

No shit, it was a bit of an exaggeration.

>landscape keyboard
>can't flash lineage
I hope blackberry goes bankrupt forever

That's not a landscape keyboard. It's how a phone keyboard should be, portrait.

I had a Priv. Not impressed with BB hardware.
>creaky thin CF-like material for the back plate
>basically function-less "edge display"
>wireless charging was completely non-functional, didn't work with most wireless chargers and overheated and shut down the ones that did work
>so-so battery life
>overheating

Maybe this one'll be better. But I'm not buying BB android again.

Might get one if the price is acceptable and if I can ungoogle it

They're dead to me after killing off BB10.

Legitimately shill, I am. I was sad to hear that it's being delayed to no earlier than May, but I can deal with it. I just want a real goddamn keyboard so bad.

Not me. They dropped the ball with bb10.
As much as I loved my passport, I can't bring myself to buy another of their locked down overpriced phones. Android implementation of hub is trash too, even on bb devices

$650 USD

into the trash it goes.

Yeah no fuck that

Brand new, unlocked phones will be $250 on eBay within two months.

This pretty much. I've never purchased any tech at release, always waited for the first wave of adopters to beta test shit for me and for the price to come down.

Why doesn't blackberry make one with a t9 keyboard?
Haven't everyone had enough of the whole qwerty meme on phones?

>Blackberry keeps going on about Android security
>Want to flash Pajeet rom with security holes
>The absolute state of the Android community

keyboard still on the wrong side

>2017
>blackberry

I hate google so much I would rather have a potential backdoor ridden pajeet OS than use the tracking system that is Google Play System.
Those fuckers are the terrorists of the western world I would rather not use a phone than give money to them.
Why you support terrorists are beyond me.
You are undermining the work of all humans for the last millennium so you can get your 30 pieces of silver now known as advertisement.

Can it root yet?

>blackberry
Exactly! Nokia is way better!

this.

no root=no deal

>dae google play is literally isis and al qaeda???

shoot yourself senpai

The Priv is still stuck on Marshmallow.

Still gets monthly security updates though.

>a key just for typing $$$
>a key just for voice dictation
>no punctuation key. Comma requires at least 2 key presses

So retarded.

Yeah I just got a new BB10 update on my Classic last week

Wrong, they said $550

Why the fuck won't they update their keyboard? It's not the 90s anymore.

>using current year as an argument
ebin

Looks like shit!

The fuck is wrong with you?

I have a Priv, they've been good about security updates, but still on 6.0

First you're going to have to root it, and so far the Priv hasn't been rooted. Blackberry did a good job securing their Android devices.

>that wee keyboard

You have a woman's hands! I'll wager those hands haven't wrestled a deadly squid during a raging typhoon!

BlackBerry's keyboards are great, you could type with your big toe. Quit going full retard and forming opinions on shit you've never tried.

Dude, I'm a degenerate for having an opinion. Isn't that right?

My opinion is that you're a fag

No, I'm saying you need to get your eyes checked because the Classic and BB10OS both look great.

Stop jackassing around and bring back proper slide phones already. Blackberry has gotten so close so many times but in the end they always get it wrong.

>>>/global/rules/2

BlackBerry's not interested in your shitty taste in phones.

slide out keyboard have always been garbage. enjoy not being able to use the top row

How are slide phones not the absolute best way to do physical keyboards? You get a full keyboard and you still get to have your standard size touch screen for apps designed to be used that way. I concede that is right and a lot of have had the issue where the top row is awkward, but there have also been slide phones where that wasn't a problem. It's a problem with bad designers, not slide phones as a concept.

Personally I prefer fixed but sliders are fine. The real issue with the phone you posted is that it's got a landscape keyboard.

;_;

Give me a Blackberry with this key layout rather than their shit one please

The great thing about BlackBerry keyboards is they can typically be used with only one hand.

still expensive.

should be in the $400 range for what it has in it

Either release a slider, or a proper 1:1 Android Passport.

This middle ground bullshit is exactly that. Nobody is going to buy Blackberry anyway, no matter how good they are, so they might as well just aim for the nichiest of niches.

If I hadn't found out how great BB10OS was I'd buy this in a heartbeat. 1:1's pretty nice but there's something about the 3:2 screen with a fixed keyboard that really appeals to me.

>its a shittier, uglier blackberry passport

how are poeple this fucking retarded can they honestly not see that pic related looked like absolute horse shit from the 90s?

There are these things called opinions

>is they can typically be used with only one hand.
At the cost of not being as usable with two hands, which is how you type if you actually want to be able to type anything quickly.

I miss BB10 so much. I was daily driving a Passport for about a year and a half. Greatest piece of hardware I've ever owned, coupled with the best mobile OS on the market, hands down. Like, it's not even close.

I'll never go back to Android. The day my BB10OS BlackBerries no longer suffice is the day I stop using smartphones.

So how many more years does BlackBerry have left before they stop selling phones with physical keyboards? They already can't afford the staff to design their own phones and announced that they are now outsourcing that as of last year. Will BlackBerry be able to keep selling phones with physical keyboards or will they too give up?

they somewhat stopped before their sales/value plummeted even further.

That's when they decided they needed to 'bring back' physical keyboards, since it's their own USP, besides their 'secure' bullshit which i wouldn't buy for a second.

how's the camera on the passport?

It's okay, nothing to brag about

Want to switch. Was contemplating the KeyONE, but since I've heard quite a few people raving over BBOS I might as well give a second hand passport a whirl for a hundo.

currently own an iPhone 5, I'd hate to go a step back from it's camera quality. You think it's much worse?

It's definitely a step down from my 5th gen iPod touch but it's not terrible

enough years. the ceo said they were closing for a while and blackberry is a business phone. the audience is different and it's a niche now because no one else has a keyboard that way, and people still say no matter what phone they have how much they prefer physical keyboards. even if it dies someone will make a fake version of it that does the same. supply and demand.

I just hope blackberry inspires other companies to create phones with physical keyboards. Other than that, I don't care

I hoped that the iPhone SE inspired companies to make smaller Android phones but that never happened.

It really is fucking infuriating. Either get a conveniently sized phone with no battery life, no screen resolution and hardware that was obsolete four years ago running fucking KitKat, or get a usable phone that's approximately as ergonomic as lugging a fucking flatscreen TV in your pocket. Sure, there are exceptions to the rule, but they're pointlessly rare and tend to suck in some other ways (price, availability etc).

>Not impressed with BB hardware
They used to design and test the HW in house and had NPI lines. The HW in that priv was completely outsourced. Same with all their new phones. Only way they can stay above water.

This is definitely a reason why I need to try out the Keyone in person before even commiting to purchase. The phone's like the size of a regular 5.5" phone.