pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

thevankeyboards.com/products/caravan-keyboard-kit
reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/62gcy5/gb_amj40_with_aluminum_case_and_plate_7_days_left/
massdrop.com/buy/hammer-starry-artisan-keycap
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do people actually use DSA keycaps or is it just a meme?

shit edition
we /tada/ now

b on right hand master race

They have customers.
So people use them.
Stop asking stupid questions or calling everything you don't like a 'meme". That itself is a terrible meme.

Aside from the look, can anyone tell me why I should get a aluminum case? Wouldn't you want your stuffs to be lighter weight just in general?

Especially when it'd cost you an extra $50.

that's a fucking cool looking keyboard, where to cop?
>massdrop

Korea.

Or you can find them for about $700 on Reddit every so often.

The cable connecting the 2 halfs... is that a sata cable?
700? I find this outrageous to say the least, but I must ask: What do this keybaords do that make it so special so people are eager to spend that amount of money?

Why does this board hate anything with RGB,especially on keyboards?Also you must have an expensive keycaps and keyboard like a chicken(ducky) one with $100 keycaps or your a degenerate normie...

Now I'm worried about getting the wrong kind.. I am waiting for a pok3r from the same drop as you.

Yes it is.

They originally cost about $450 in a group buy and any desirable Korean custom gets about an instant $200 markup on the second hand market, plus people generally charge for the assembly they did and the switches they used.

should i buy a 40% kit or build a tkl for scratch

what's the argument for choosing tenkeyless layout?

seems like everyone here opted for that.

is this the hot new meme after mechanical keyboards?

>$500.00 for a kit
Why?

thevankeyboards.com/products/caravan-keyboard-kit

get or build a 60-65%

Any worthwhile china keyboards for cheap? might wanna try out some other keys.

ive got a 66% already

what's wrong with it that you want another keyboard

nothing, im currently switching between greys and a board with greens, i want to give something lighter a try
not like resale on these things is a huge loss anyway if i change my mind

>in class
>guy sits next to me
>he hauls a big Thinkpad out of his bag
>snidely looks over to me as he plugs in his 60% mech keyboard
>"ahh you like it? It's cute right?"
>point out that it has even less keys than the laptop it's connected to
>"uhhh....I mainly use it at home"
>ask why he would need a tiny keyboard for home use
>his eyes are now watering and his hands are shaking
>"yeah haha, you too"
>I ignore him for the rest of the class, he's embarrassed enough
>he actually tries to speed walk ahead of me to open the door when the class ends

How come I can't find italian layouts for these kind of keyboards? Goddamn it.

Yeah, the point is resonance. Plastic won't absorb the sound as well as aluminum.

Because no-one cares about yuropoors. You need so many different variants for so few consumers that it's just not worth bothering.

ansi is better anyway

>bullying people
I think mechanical placebo fags are dumb, but being mean to people is not okay.

He wasnt bullying tho, just pointing out the cringeness of the situation

Disgusting

>not being impressed by tech used inappropriately
>not liking a mouth-breather trying to hit on me in class
>bullying

How much is a new IBM model M worth?

Do you mean "mint" or "like-new"?

About 80 bucks. If its made in the mid 1980s then it would be around $160, but that's only assuming it really is new and the box has never been opened before.

>Budget
~$120
>Location (continent at least)
US
>Preferred switch type
Cherry Clears
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
between 60% and 80%
>Backlight
Doughnut care
>Other:
Must be programmable at the hardware level

Unicomp have some brand new in box original Model M's on their website under the warehouse liquidations section for 80 dollars.

I'd pay a lot more for a grey label NIB or a square label NIB

Clueboard

Why is the spacebar so big?

66% layout is shit. Shit!

>2 random keys in the top right that people only ever use to display artisans
>Up and down arrows part of the main key cluster but not aligned with it vertically
So damn ugly.

How will I ever remember all the fn+whatever key combinations that do shit like pgup/down, pause/play, decrease/increase/mute volume, etc if I replace the original keycaps with some fancy colorful pbt ones.

>keyboard is kbparadise v60

Muscle memory.

Its pretty simple, don't be retarded

You map it in an easy-to-remember way, then it becomes muscle memory.

>fn plus z, x, c as prev, pause, next
>fn plus +, - to change volume

Also

>Spacebar and Shift+Spacebar for PgUp and PgDown
>Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down for Home and End

Am I the only one who uses these since forever and as such never needed those buttons?

>do the same thing as the faggot in your story but in the campus library
>my board has Cherry MX blue clones
>go to the second floor, right outside the "quiet area"
>start jotting up my analytical argument for my first report paper
>everyone is looking over at me
>people from the quiet area come over to see what the noise is
>no librarians/guards in sight
>nobody came over to complain
>two guys asked me about the board on my way out, one day
>tell them I just like the way it clacks
I stopped bringing it when I started using a T60 for my second semester. I switched over from a T430s and the older keyboard is superior (in my mind, at least).

>campus library

I mean, nobody complained, but that's just not nice and polite, man, especially when:

>people from the quiet area come over to see what the noise is

Jeezus. What's the point of going to the non-quiet area anymore?

>Budget
Around £150 / $180 or so
>Location (continent at least)
UK
>Preferred switch type
Cherry Clears
>Layout
I'm used to ISO but it's not particularly important
>Form factor
80%
>Backlight
Literally why
>Other:
Must be split, or otherwise have better ergonomics than standard straight keyboards. Must have matrix key layout (I don't understand why so many "ergonomic" keyboards still use staggered). I would love if it was programmable.
>Use cases
Mostly coding, some (non-competitive) gaming.

Does an option that satisfies these requirements exist? I remember looking around the market a couple years ago and only finding overpriced or highly impractical options.

you can get something like an ergodox

just bought this, did i fuck up lads

if you paid more then 80 bucks for it then yes

Eyy nice, looks fantastic, around double my budget

It does look like probably the best option I've seen so far, though, so I'll keep it in mind.

On a related note, what does /mkg/ think of keyboard.io?

>not liking a mouth-breather trying to hit on me in class
Are you really a girl user, otherwise the chance of he trying to hit on you is pretty slim. The rest of the world aren't like Sup Forums you know. OwO

Really? its around 170€ from falbatech for a basic model. Its even cheaper if you assemble it yourself

I got a new kb with Fn layer media controls and replaced the key caps with blanks.

Just make a text file with what keys have what control and keep it on your desktop. After about a month you'll stop opening the file, and it'll be memorized.

>tfw finally ascended to 1986 silver label master race

Do what I did

Bought a V60 with front printed caps, used it for a few months until I got used to where all the function layer stuff was then replaced the caps.

most have no need for a numpad

Nope. Amazing switches, with great backlighting.

I'm yuropoor and can't help but think about bolt modding mine but I'm afraid I'm gonna fuck it up, plus I don't have the tools for it

no, the sperg typing on a mechanical keyboard connected to a thinkpad at university was a fag trying to act chivalrous towards another dude. what do you think?

Please help me guys. Looking to buy some new caps for my Rosewill keyboard.
My setup and room is mostly grey and black so I would like it to match, if it even matters.

those look fine to me, but if you want you can get those Filco SA keycaps for 60 bucks

These are the ones that come with the keyboard. They haven't started to wear yet but I imagine that they will sooner or later.
$60 is a bit to much for me honestly, that is what I paid for the whole keyboard.

Most keycaps will be in the $30-40 range. It really depends on what you want.

So instead of getting a Strafe RGB, I should get a basic mechanical keyboard, what is the best type a 60% or a full keyboard, I'll probably only be gaming on it.

Does it usually matter if the caps are colorful and the rest of my setup is black?

I like caps that are grey or black, darker colors really.

These look nice

I also like the EnjoyPBT but those are crazy expensive, I wouldn't waste that much on them. $30-40 is fine, I am okay with paying that amount.

What are you waiting for in the mail?

there is no best keyboard, but if you want a small 65% keyboard then consider the magicforce. It comes in a variety of switches from gateron and cherry for around 40-60 bucks. If you do want full size gaming keyboards then Cooler Master and Ducky are also good choices

for that budget just go to aliexpress and search for cherry mx keycaps. You'll find plenty of options.

Any recommendations for caps that aren't from Ali? Doesn't have to be just black. Just not extremely colorful.

Will custom keycaps look bad if I have LEDs on the key board, or should I get a keyboard without LEDs?

massdrop is really the only other place if you want something decent. You could go on ebay if you want

IS this a good starter key set? Why is everything always sold out?

Yea yea but I am referring to specific caps, not where to get them.

You could always turn off the LEDs if you don't like them. If you buy ugly keycaps then no matter what you can't make the keyboard pretty.

Tai Hao makes PBT and doubleshot and doubleshot PBT in a gorillion colors

Anything by Vortex, Gateron, and NPKC is good. There is also Tai-hao, but some of those have a sticky antibacterial coating on them so get the ones that don't

@59705263
>Tai Hao makes PBT and doubleshot and doubleshot PBT in a gorillion colors
and you post the same shit every day.

These are really nice, I was thinking about purchasing them but I couldn't find them for sale.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

You can get Tai-hao keycaps from aliexpress, ebay, massdrop, or you can email them directly asking to buy some

tada
ada
da
a

2 mass drops, xda canvas betas and the plank keycaps.

Shit my Rosewill keyboard is a rebrand of your Filco. Just noticed.

I'll look around, maybe they'll come back to Massdrop. Only issue with them is that some people are saying that they're thin. Some nice thick, good looking keycaps would be nice.

Alright thanks man I'll probably buy a MagicForce and buy custom keycaps aswell!

>Some nice thick, good looking keycaps would be nice.
Well those are expensive. A few keyboards like the Tada68 and Ducky one come with thicc dye-sub PBT as the stock keycaps. Otherwise your gonna have to pay $60+

I know I said I wouldn't but I am thinking about getting EnjoyPBT caps, it's a high initial investment but they can last a lifetime. So I am open to the idea of paying a bit more now.

Tada68 is a beautiful keyboard. I would buy one whenever this one breaks or gets fucked up.

The Tada68 was around 80 bucks, but its sold out now. The cheapest EnjoyPBT keycap set would cost the same as the keyboard that has them

Which keyboard has them?

tada68 comes with enjoyPBT keycaps as the stock ones

I wish they weren't sold out, I would buy the keyboard instead of getting the caps.

Are there any good places to get HHKB layout custom keycaps? The caps that come with the board are pretty good on their own but it might be nice to get a custom set if there's anywhere they're available for reasonable prices.

That thing is so cute.

>Slim HDMI cable with HDMI A to C adapters
Gross, Why the fuck would you want to connect your tiny keyboards with a fuckhuge cable and adapters? I bet he designed to use HDMI C and then found out it wouldn’t work after he designed all the cases and shit

Also it’s $500 because it’s four separate chunks of polished metal

Here’s a non‐split 40% with a fucking nice case for like $100
reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/62gcy5/gb_amj40_with_aluminum_case_and_plate_7_days_left/

$60 on taobao
$68 with agents who order it for your from the chinese sellers

That is totally worth it honestly, $60 for a keyboard with PBT caps and it's $20 cheaper then Japanese EnjoyPBT caps alone.
Taobao is a bit confusing. Which one do I choose to get the one in the picture?
Also seems that it doesn't come with that cable.

Should I buy a Poker 2 or a Ducky One TKL, both with MX blue switches?

So, kailhs are just as good as the expensive cherry berries, right?

no, worse quality control and feel a bit spongier than cherry.

massdrop.com/buy/hammer-starry-artisan-keycap
What do you think of """artisan'""" keycaps, /mkg/? they seem to go for a ton secondhand and these are the only SA I've seen