When will automatic cars be general?

youtube.com/watch?v=ArYTxDZzQOM

When automatic-electric/sun hybrid cars be general norm and gasoline cars/manual driving be thing of past?

like why this shit doesnt happening asap? would make car crashes near %0.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yNLdblFQqsw
dailymotion.com/video/x2idhlw
youtube.com/watch?v=cv_vOQQsCtI
youtu.be/CFTa2IjMNwM?t=1000
youtube.com/watch?v=fc0yYJ8-Dyo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why you doesn't learning English asap?
would make understanding 100%

>Wanting Corperation to know where you go
>Buying a car with government assination assist built in

>polluting enviroment
>killing people on drive

hmm which one is better i wonder

Because petroleum people profit shit ton of money out of that business, therefore are powerful enough to stall any advancement that would make their business obsolete.

It's like if you have never heard of the Lead contamination story. Check out Thomas Midgley Jr. related video of Vsauce, and also the Cosmos episode which had half of it dedicated to this thing, might be the 7th episode.

We won't get any of those technology until the petroleum becomes scarce enough. The current state of mankind mentality simply will not allow such advancements that require abandoning of profitable resources.

>We won't get any of those technology until the petroleum becomes scarce enough. The current state of mankind mentality simply will not allow such advancements that require abandoning of profitable resources.

Because the (((Jews))) won't let it happen. Simple. But it will happen, just like how cars phase out horses.

Here's the Vsauce video, the part I'm talking about starts from about 5:00:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=yNLdblFQqsw

The Cosmos episode was the 7th, skip as much as you wish, but the whole episode is very related actually, and also very enjoyable:
dailymotion.com/video/x2idhlw

> captcha: Select images of GAS STATIONS
wtf

Just watch the videos and see. It won't happen, so long as the gas-burning cars are more profitable. I don't see it becoming any less profitable until it runs out.

because it takes time to develop.

electric cars still have range limitations because of shitty batteries and auto driving isn't tested enough.

Tesla does this in a car you can actually buy, not a marketing video.

youtube.com/watch?v=cv_vOQQsCtI

>driving your own car is now non-normie tier

nice

Watch this talk from Toyota about where we are on automated cars and what remains (from about 17min and out): youtu.be/CFTa2IjMNwM?t=1000

tl;dr we are still pretty far from full automation. What is within reach is automation in MOST situations, but humans are still required to take the wheel on short warning in some cases. And these corner cases is much, much harder to get rid off than the general driving in predictable environments.
There is one step of autonomy between what we basically have now, and total autonomy, in which the car can turn over the control to the human but with longer reaction times so that the human doesn't need to pay attention to the driving all the time. But this is very difficult because it's almost as difficult for the car to predict when it would need to hand over control so far into the future, as it is to simply handle the problem itself. Therefore many car producers like Toyota are skipping this step. This means it will be even longer until we have fully autonomous cars as there is no stepping stone release. We will first get half-hearted autonomy where the human must be ready to take over at a moments notice, and then we will get 100% autonomy. But the gap between these is pretty huge so I don't think it will happen in many years still.

I see two reasons why automated cars won't happen too soon:
It has to share the road with stupid humans;
Liability issues aren't sorted yet.

Most of the people i know who are hyped for self driving cars are urbanites, a lot of them balk at even owning a car... their ideal vision is a roving fleet of cars you can just pay a monthly fee for membership and hop in whenever you want and it'll take you there.

And for them their destination is never more than 10 miles away.

irrelevant you are opening your self to a new type of danger all cause you want to be a lazy fuck and not learn to drive.

>get ransomware while driving
>depot 1 btc to this address or I kill you in a accident.
>car let you out,and drive to a chopshop

Can't wait for the litigation clusterfuck when automatic cars kill their first victim.

>Can't wait until human drivers are banned! roads will be much safer for everyone outside the car

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The jews will have to fight hard on this one.
All it takes is for tesla to drop a couple million on a superbowl commercial showing all the children killed by cars around school, some statistic like
>Up till the age of 15, the most likely cause of death for a child is getting hit by a car outside of school
Get a bunch of schools to declare a 1 mile auto-only zone around their schools, and for once trickle down will actually do the job.
Lazy parents buy the things so their kids don't need to walk the last mile, eventually the poor people buy the used autos, blah blah blah.
Sooner or later we'll get auto only cities. Not a blanket ban on manuals, just a "Think of the children" restriction. No jew's gonna be able to argue for manual after that.
As for electric, they're mostly one and the same, but google's all used to be priuses, so hybrid.

why do all self driving cars look like fagmobiles?
fucking ugly

That's just the google one. They have this right now because it's easy to develop with. Once they get most technical things done, they'll put that into a proper car.

Two drivers have already been killed with autopilot active.
One was a tesla not seeing a white truck with glare, because teslas only use cameras, not lidar and other shit you see in the google cars, it was pretty fucked. Sadly the car went half under the truck, as it didn't have it's side sheets on, so the driver got decapitated. If it was a solid collision the front would have taken all the damage.
Guy was watching harry potter on his ipad, or just sleeping.
Not sure what happened to the second guy, it was in china so probably something Chinese.
Anyway, a death every 100 million miles driven is better than most countries, but not better than all and not better than teslas anywhere with human drivers.
Fuck, here's the video of the second crash:
youtube.com/watch?v=fc0yYJ8-Dyo

Full automation doesn't happen when the cars can actually drive completely unassisted but when liability for accidents shifts from owners/occupants/drivers to manufacturers.

No manufacturer wants to accept liability. Unfortunately the only way I see this happening is when the steering wheel and controls are completely removed. It is then that there is no way a manufacturer could ever try and argue that the human occupant should take over and its not their fault.

What's the point of owning a car that can drive itself if you're going to be held liable for it crashing while it drives from your house to pick you up at the airport?
What manufacturer is going to let a fleet of completely unassisted cars do an Uber-like service if they are going to be held liable for them crashing while transporting 11 year old Johnny to school?

It will never be secure

it will never not just be a way for the government to push a button and disable your car

it will never not be a way for a corporation to spy on everything you fucking do

it will never not be an advertising platform

That tiny car would be fucked in the ass by an SUV where I live. Sure it would be their fault, but that doesn't matter when you're dead.

>It will never be secure

But it will always be more secure than manual driving

>it will never not just be a way for the government to push a button and disable your car

Why should they do this?

>it will never not be a way for a corporation to spy on everything you fucking do

That's why you need to adjust privacy laws

>it will never not be an advertising platform

what?

>way for the government to push a button and disable your car
Can the government push a button and disable your mobile? No. Can the carrier? No, but they can remove you from their network. Can the phone maker? Only if you request it as a theft response, and not by gov request. So why should the cars be any different?

Idiots will always be idiots.

>the luddites spreading FUD in this thread right now

I was surprised when i learned trains aren't even automated yet.

Hopefully no time soon. As long as I can stick to my gas engine and drive myself I guess it won't be too bad though.

>It will never be secure
Secure as in technology or driving?
>it will never not just be a way for the government to push a button and disable your car
The police can already pull you over and that's not exactly a problem for normal people going about their day.
>it will never not be a way for a corporation to spy on everything you fucking do
This can actually be a problem. Right now only autists in the government that keep track of traffic cams and security cams can track where you go, but there would be a huge incentive for corporations to track every instance of where you are and they could monetize it.

>You are now aware that the only reason google is pushing automatic cars is because 10-30 minutes of every day people are not browsing googles various services because they are driving

Thats how depraved their company is.

>wanting your car to be controlled by some complicated operating system that can crash cause some bug or hidden virus that can also be backdoored in the most obscure way possible so CIA/FBI knows where you went at what time and where your driving in real time

>complicated operating system that can crash
This is why RTOSs are a thing. If it's good enough for a nuclear power plant, it should be good enough for making a car go forward.