stallman.org/uber.html
lyftubernewsletter.com/can-you-use-uber-without-a-smart-phone/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No.

No. 3310 is shit compared to 1200.

haha le april joke fools exdee

post yfw you saw the new 3310

Never saw this in luxembourg.

No. Because by definition it isn't a smartphone.

No, because you can't install
>Insert popular chat app here

E.g. WhatsApp is pretty much essential in my country. Especially if you don't have Facebook (like me).

>another e-celeb thread

>WhatsApp
I hate this shit so fucking much but I have to use it because no one will write SMS anymore.

If the greedy fucking mobile carriers had made cheaper unlimited SMS plans before this would never have been a niche for Whatsapp to appear.

SMS was always the ultimate phone money-grab. Delivering 160 characters per message is as close as you get to free for carriers. And they keep trying to charge lots for it.

WhatsApp>Unlimited SMS

Who here remembers tek syndicate?

One depends on an internet connection, the other one doesn't
One sends all of your contacts to the botnet, the other one doesn't
One is owned by Facebook, the other one isn't

What is? Because if iPhones can be considered smartphones then this can too.

but that's objectively wrong

Yeah, but also
>encrypted
>modern features (better group chats, pictures, files...)
>fast

If SMS was encrypted I'd give it a pass, but it's legitimately obsolete tech now.

Upvote if you still watch Logan from Tek Syndicate.

edgy

>couldnt even be fucked putting a 3G network chip in it considering a large number of networks have dumped 2G
It probably wouldn't have cost them any more to use a 3G chip. The 2G chips are probably at the stage where the demand is so low that the cost is higher than 10 years ago.

faggot lost me years ago when they made a video bitching about the term mancave and how they needed a more inclusive term. this was shortly before the term SJW took off

Only if you live in tiny-ass european countries and stay in a city all the time. In my country you dont get data everywhere, but you do get cell service, and when I'm working out of town I quite often have to use sms because I have no way to connect to the internet

Also the encryption makes no fucking difference. I could phish someone's password and log in to their facebook, whatsapp, email, whatever account and read everything. I'd have to steal your physical phone to get your sms messages

>Tek Syndicate
do they still have that cute sperg girl?

>2G
>When most countries shutdown their outdated 2G networks and at least on 3G or LTE now

TOP KEK

>dont get data everywhere, but you do get cell service

Isn't EDGE always available with the regular old GSM signal?

Your messages are still cleartext and seen by your ISP and government, unless you use an app like Silence which encrypts messages. This will probably soon be illegal in cuck countries.
You cannot voice chat or video chat for free.
You must use a SIM card, outdated and slow technology.
You cannot send images, videos or other files in SMS, and these are very limited in MMS.
You cannot communicate globally without additional fees.
There are no chat groups or group calls.

There's no real reason for SMS to exist other than retards and grandmas clinging to legacy hardware.

Silence supports encrypted SMS but both users must have it installed.

Then please explain to me why iPhones are considered "smart"? Android beats them in terms of functionality as it has near desktop PC features, while iOS hasn't changed since the era of dumbphones. There's literally nothing iOS has that a 2005 phone didn't, other than a touch screen and better processors and cameras. Better hardware doesn't make a phone "smart" if it can't use it for anything new.

Then your carrier is shit or you're working in a godforsaken village.

I think its cute, I want one just to play snake.

my gf destroys watches ($300), rings ($1200), bracelets ($1000), tablets ($400, $189, $550) and smartphones

she has a $10 nokia that she's dropped off a third floor by accident, and dropped down the stairs about 5 times, and has survived, because its light and has no glass

for her it is the irreplaceable tech

kind of but its super slow

>a large number of networks have dumped 2G
3G networks are backwards compatible, user

Good enough for text messages.

Or I just live in the 2nd largest country in the world. You try going to the hudson bay, or the arctic circle, or the middle of the canadian shield and tell me how good of a data connection you get. No matter what your carrier is

Just because something is practical for you, does not mean its practical for everyone. Quit being so autistic

oh ya, for text messages sure, but with things like, say, imessenger, snapchat, whatsapp, skype, whatever, it will often disconnect, fail to send, etc.

Cellular providers have literally dropped support for 2G all over the place. It doesn't matter if the infrastructure itself could still support 2G, the providers have dropped support.

not sure where you're getting at
it works but it's not supported?

No, it's only a few years left tops until 2G service is shut down, both because barely anyone uses it anymore and because it consumes a lot of energy to keep broadcasting the signal.

I want a 4G dumbphone that can be used as a 4G Wifi hotspot, preferrably a flip phone, but bar-type would be fine.

Do any of these exist? This is exactly what I was looking for too.

Not yet, just checked the current news on the topic. Apparently Qualcomm is launching the 205 SoC that will be very low-end, but offer LTE. With this, they are already partnering with some companies to bring LTE feature phones to the market, so I guess later this year, this might be a thing.

>Your messages are still cleartext and seen by your ISP and government

This alone is not why I absolutely hate when people send me SMS messages. If they could just see it then that would be bad enough. Locally telcos are required to store SMS messages for 6 months and some of them store them for 2 years.

Some asshole bought Bitcoin a small amount (like $200 or so?) with what turned out to be a stolen/hacked/something bank account.

Two years later the criminal Swedish policemen Carl Peter Fromen and Carl Olav Bergstrom broke into my home and confiscated some things and just outright stole other things (didn't list those as evidence). These criminals had pulled everything from phone and message records to bank and credit card records.

You don't have to do anything illegal, criminal or immoral to get investigated and robbed by police. You may become a victim for something that seems random. And they will pull all sorts of information if you do.

Having criminal policemen study everything they can about your personal life for a very long period of time really feels like a violation. It's best to constantly take measures which ensure that criminal policemen who want to study you come up blank.

The frequency that the 2g phones use, won't be transmitted to... So 3g can dial back it's speeds to work at 2g settings, but a 2g phone that can't access the 3g frequency is essential a brick.

Canada is going to shut down its last 2g (Rogers)network later this year. Its why I bought a new dual sim phone, cause my current one(and 90% of the ones made last year and earlier) can only run 1 sim at 3/4g, and the other is relegated to 2g. In most of the world, those dual sim phones are really single sim now, since the 2nd one can't access anything. That's what Nokia just released in 2017...

I personally would have been happier if they stayed 100% true to the original design, and slapped a 3g or 4g radio in it. Give me a reason to drag out all my 15 year old accessories for it too.($80 nitize otterbox-like case)

Your girlfriend is retarded and should be institutionalized for her own safety and the safety of everyone around her.

At least make a better April fools joke. This is just plain stupid. Or is he pretend to be a retard?

LE SNEK MEME
I GET IT XDDD PHONES USED TO HAVE IT!!1
LOL!
DO YOU REMEMBER SNAKE Sup ForumsROS?! XDD!

Fucking this
She better not have a drivers licence.

I really like the idea of slightly stupid phones, but I have become too dependent on having all the functionality of android in my pocket.

You could always carry 2 phones and just have the android on a data only card while having the dumb phone for calls and stuff. I know with t mobile you can have 2 sims on the same line

But carrying 2 phones is a pain in the ass, I have been there. I will just be content that products like these exist.

he's a nigger and his audience is reddit
do the math

> One sends all of your contacts to the botnet
Deny the app access to your contacts, add the specific ones you want to chat with manually.

i really want to strangle you to death with my bare hands

reddit is such cancer, I'll admit it is good for specific interests, but everything else is garbage

Please let cellphone minimalism be the next trend.

I dont need to call in air strikes. I just want a comfy communication device

>WhatsApp is pretty much essential in my country
greetings from mumbai sir....

If it has a GPS i will buy it.

>Marques Brownlee
What the hell kind of name is that?

This would be a great product for people who want to make phone calls.

I dont own a smart phone for, phone, calls. Being tracked is a small price to pay for having your music collection in your pocket and internet access anywhere. Its not like im important enough to take out. Right?

curry

Anywhere in Asia/Africa WhatsApp is essential because the ISPs charge a ton of money, and Zuckerberg offers 'free whatsapp' which means blanket free wifi coverage but only for facebook products.

It's how ZuckCuck became a global telecom and nobody noticed, just offer free WhatsApp and harvest data of entire globe

Yes! Upvoted.
t. Logan

What's even the point when it looks nothing like the original?

Should have dropped the camera, what the fuck is the point?
Also 2G only what a mess Outside of that I could live with it, I only use my smartphones for texting and listening music I could settle for a sansa clip

>3310
>Now with botnetâ„¢!

The phone just isn't intended for the markets where this is the case, user.

2G phones still sell well, the whole world isn't the US and Canada and a few EU countries.
That said tho I've not heard of any European providers dropping 2G, either.

Don't blame Nokia for your shitty service providers, America. And they really are shit in every way - how are the restricting contracts and limits even legal?

Many European people may actually lose 3G before they lose 2G.

It kinda makes a lot of sense from a customers viewpoint, too - 3G becomes obsolete the moment 4G is available, but 2G coverage is still nice to have in remote regions for basic functionality.

Pllus 3G-only devices do not exist: dropping 3G doesn't make any devices completely non-functional. Dropping 2G would obsolete plenty of hardware.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2G#2G_shutdown

2G is not encrypted, 3g is badly encrypted. Both should not be used. We probably still have them for downgrade attacks by police/gov. Those attacks can be done using inexpensive hardware.

That ain't a lot of countries.

rethink-wireless.com/2016/02/08/europe-may-lose-3g-before-2g/

And then there are the developing markets like India. Those are the real aim of these 2G feature phones (but I'll gladly enjoy using mine in Europe for now, as well)

Call me when I can request an Uber ride or order from Prime Now on a 3310.

>using uber or amazon
stallman.org/amazon.html
stallman.org/uber.html

lyftubernewsletter.com/can-you-use-uber-without-a-smart-phone/

>Not 3g
25p/min compared to 3p/min

kys--I hate when you faggots do this.

>""""""""""Girl""""""""""

t.NSA :^)

But she can be remplaced faggot :^)

le pooman hands

U MAD FAGET XD

So, the Jews use afrikaniggaz to pump up their user numbers.

reported for racism

What the fuck is wrong with Europeans being incredibly proud of clearly inferior technology.
Here you have them preferring 2G, manual transmissions and all this outdated garbage. No wonder the EU is running themselves into the ground.

reported for autism

You now realize with your gf, not even you will outlast the 3310