What does Sup Forums think about putting everything on computers?

What does Sup Forums think about putting everything on computers?

Does it include putting lives?

The trend is actually the reverse.
We're putting computers in everything.

Now my light bulbs and dish waters can get pwned.

That gif is actually kind of sad.
For once I'm glad that I will not get to witness the future, especially the moment we start putting people inside computers again. There's some Kafkian shit incoming.

It's only going to get worse when you think that in the future there wont be a desk at all.

I don't want to sound like a neo-Luddite (but I will) when I say this, that I'm starting to see a decline in the improvement that computers are making to our lives. All these cases of people talking about phone addiction and Fear of Missing Out just seems so unfortunate when you think that the modern world is so based on what these people should give up.

Not to mention how short-term digital data storage is.

At least you get to see the glorious future of driver-less cars.

that what a computer was theorized of being fag

Fax is still relevant though. At least here in Switzerland most hospitals/physicians depend on it as you have proof of sending and the other party receiving.

No.
NO.
NOOOO.

Driverless cars are a fucking disgusting, horrible idea. Do you understand how much damage you could to do if you were to hack a self-driving car?

You could assassinate people merely by turning their brakes on.

We need a dumber world, a less hackable world, a less connected world. We need to go back to the 80s in terms of how connected each individual technology is, but with the higher bandwidth and lower hardware costs of today.

No it wasn't.

It's insane how pervasive technology is now, and how people act as if it will solve all worldly problems. I was reading a study in which it was revealed that, due to the age that children first start watching television and using smartphones/tablets, their motor and social skills are stunted. So what was the solution to that? Campaigns for a government infomercial series to inform the public of the detrimental effect of these technologies on developing minds? No, appeals for AI applications to teach these skills to children.

It's insane.

Yes, but why would the carat-nose-smily want that?

>Kafkian
Kafkaesque
This is why we don't become /glit/ on aprils first

This is why more people need to be /lit/pilled.

It's truly disgusting how shitty the literary skills of most people are when they attempt to be intellectual or well-spoken.

>It's insane how pervasive technology is now, and how people act as if it will solve all worldly problems.

only people who are ignorant of what the technology offers think that way. I think that we have moved onto great world. the more normal and pervasive tech becomes the more efficient some tasks become.

do you have any idea the time it takes to manage inventories by hand? or count up transactions at the end of the day with only numbers to go by? as cheap as computers got and business solutions got, means that it truly is a work saver for everyone out there.

it is a tool and as any tool, it has great benefits in the right hands.

Some things, like the government locking down your ability to move independently, the advertising industry spying on you, delivery of passively-absorbed bullshit propaganda... these things don't need to be more efficient, they need to be destroyed

i don't agree with the behavior of companies spying upon the users for any reason, this was never a problem until we allowed our computers to be connected to the network 24/7, you did not use your computer that way 20 years ago, at least I didn't. so what has changed? not the computer. This is why it is wise to use 90s internet rules. they apply even more today than before. limit that shit to a minimum, dont use your real name.

do you have to have a facebook account under your name?
do you have to have your email under your name?
do you have to purchase everything online?

see the thing is. you don't have to use any of that. and the pervasiveness of the technology is still helping you in your everyday life. you won't get spied on by the advertising industry or your government, if you decide that you don't want to be spied on. what you can not have is all the joy of portable devices always connected to the internet or not, and privacy. you can not post pictures of you your face or what have you online and it only be used for good and never become a meme or a source of embarrassment. You can't have your cake and eat it to. you either want to put yourself out there and reap the consequences of that, or you stay out of it and treat it like a public terminal and assume anything you do say or write will be on the front page of the newspaper tomorrow.

>do you have to have your email under your name?

No, but you have to have your real name tied to your ISP, so there we go they have you.

If your attitude is "live like it's the 1960s or get spied on" then I think you need to rethink your opinions.

In fact even that isn't valid because at no point in history was every single piece of all communication recorded and indexed.

Don't put water on computer

>but you have to have your real name tied to your ISP, so there we go they have you.

you dont really have to have your real name tied to your ISP, prepaid access is a thing, but I get your point, the reality is, there is a price to pay for anonymity.

in a world that can't come together to pass a version of net neutrality, you will never have dissociation of your name in relation to your home account.

My attitude is not that we should live like years ago, my attitude is that the internet is no different than writing your facebook posts on physical leaflets and handing them out on the street. if you think it's different than you live in a fantasy.

content before was also recorded and indexed, it just wasn't so simple/accessible or easily stored, to everyone and anyone, specially governments. but that is a matter of mentality, you have to understand that when you publish content, either on a book or on a blog, and you sign your name onto it, or have it be traceable to you then you will be held accountable to your speech.

what we are actually moving toward is to having the internet be like every other channel in existence, to be limited on a national border like way, we are moving toward the point where if you want to access a website outside of a country you will pay a different rate of access, great wall of china style.

but my point is that speech does not escape laws or your country's constitution simply because it was not printed on paper.

I do see your point, and in some ways I agree. I never say anything online (nor publish on my blog anything I wouldn't be willing to say to an audience), but there's no reason to know that after I post this comment I go and see what's for sale on an e-store, then build a profile from that.

The issue is that its chosen what is and what isn't analogous to the real world to the benefit of those who make the decision. Sending a spook to break into your house and riffle through your paperwork would be against the law, but they do it digitally and its treated as not the same (by the law). Nor would people tolerate a lockmaker tracking who bought what housekey and then giving a cutting of that key to the government.

the only reason why that (spying or writing down our behavior and making lists) is possible and acceptable, at least in the USA if not most of the world, is because the infrastructure that delivers you access to the network is totally held in private hands, so you have no say so in how it is used.

But even then, ISPs, at least until they were forced to by 9/11 patriot act, had zero interest in knowing what you were doing online, their interest was shoving more and more clients into a DSLAM and collecting more and more money.

Suppose our internet history was actually stored and actually useable, tying in all our comments and posts under fake names and what not to a real name, and making it more traceable, fuck what a nightmare that would be, it would be trolltrace turned into reality, but that is because me and you have gotten used to this culture of total anonymity online, to a "normal" person, they see this as no big deal, because their use began on facebook a few years ago and they have always used their real names and so fourth.

The issue of having profiles built based on, comments XYZ and search for sun glasses on amazon. That is a choice we make by visiting those websites, granted not many of those choices have full informed consent, but I also did not read all six pages of the contract my bank provided me in order to open a checking account and have a debit card issued to me to that account, there is probably shit on there that is not much different.

In the USA, it is legal for example to have full audio and video surveillence at the work place, your boss can literally sit at home listening to a microphone that sits at your desk, that is legal, and your behavior will be different than if he was standing right over your shoulder, obviously, they're both legal, but which one is creepier, you wouldn't tolerate your boss over your shoulder. But here we are.

As far as the government, no one but us on Sup Forums care.

>What does Sup Forums think about putting everything on computers?

Retarded. Why would anyone know knows anything about computers trust them with anything?

If I hear one more person go on about "One-hundred years of storage" on modern discs I'm going to drop a bollock. I'm oldfag enough to remember people saying the same about blank floppy discs which have half rotted away now.

But how else will I buy my dragon dildos

>In fact even that isn't valid because at no point in history was every single piece of all communication recorded and indexed

Uhh...you might want to look into a guy named Edward Snowden, and what he showed us the NSA has been doing.

>but they do it digitally and its treated as not the same (by the law)

Because when you sign up to use those digital services, you sign away any rights you have to have your data protected in that manner. You may want to read a EULA sometime... it's scary the shit they put in some of those.

I'm not a fan