Human augmentation is the next step of human evolution

Human augmentation is the next step of human evolution.

Which country will contribute the most besides the US?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7qR_2n5Y9Pw
youtube.com/watch?v=CDsNZJTWw0w
scientificamerican.com/article/scientists-debate-oscar-pistorius-prosthetic-legs-disqualify-him-olympics/
youtube.com/watch?v=sk1NkWl_W2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=9NOncx2jU0Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

South Korea is already leading the movement

japan is a leading country in animatronics and bionics so i wouldnt doubt they would be a big player

Eugenics should come first.

>Human augmentation
Like what? Contact lenses with built-in screens and better smartwatches?

I don't see it going any further than that. Who would want to switch a part of their body out for something else? Prosthetics are pathetically bad. I mean. The best people are managing to build is this.
youtube.com/watch?v=7qR_2n5Y9Pw

That is vastly inferior to even the weakest of toddler's hands. And when the battery runs out, you're fucked. Nobody wants to be so reliant on a gadget that he can't survive without it.

youtube.com/watch?v=CDsNZJTWw0w

Ti abbiamo già detto che è fuffa, crosspostare non porterà legittimazione alle tue convinzioni.

Ti ho già dato del coglione nell'altro chan, restaci.

I saw that several years ago.
Have you seen how primitive and unsophisticated those legs are, compared to a normal human leg?
They're shit. You can't jump from a standstill, you probably can't jump at all, really. You can't pick up shit with your toes, you can't stand on your toes, you can't heel-and-toe, you can't tickle someone, you can't go swimming, etc. etc.
You have no motor control over your feet. It emulates normal muscle-function through use of computers and hydraulics, but you're not the one doing it.

To be fair. It works decently. A below-the-knee amputation is not the end of the world. But it is not as good as a normal leg. It might be, some day. But it will never be so good that people would want to maim themselves to get a prosthetic. And don't get me started on hands. There are no good hand prosthetics.

the chinese have already started this process to make stronger humans by modifying the genetic structure of fetuses while they're being formed

youre a fool if you bet against science, and technology. This is just the beginning. I'm sure you cant imagine it now but neither would people in the 60s believe many times the entire computing power of NASA in the 60s would ever be able to be carried around in your pocket. and yet here we are.

> youre a fool if you bet against science, and technology
I'm betting on human nature. Bodily integrity is not something that people would give up lightly.
I'm also betting that the market for prosthetics will never be large enough that people will invest the massive amounts of money that are required to make a decent prosthesis.
We'll see, I guess.

science and technology will usurp human biology. Its only a matter of time.

Are you seriously talking about the singularity?
And when do you think that will happen?
Do you think it's more or less likely than a nuclear holocaust?

japan probably

idk what you mean by singularity. All im saying is that given enough time we will make better bodies for ourselves

you realise technology is constantly improving right?

>who would want to switch a part of their body out for something else?

me

Top kek. Actually, this might be true.

Your appointment toFEMA should be finalized within the week. I've already discussed the matter with the Senator.

>Who would want to switch a part of their body out for something else?
Plenty of people. Prothetic technology went from dummy hands from highly advanced robotic arms in less than 20 years. Imagine what will we be capable of creating in 30-40 years.

>went from dummy hands from
from dummy hands to*

I know right! It's a good thing technology never improves or else you would sound like an idiot.

While we're on the subject. Did you here about the Wright Brothers "airplane" the thing can only get up for 13 seconds and when the engine runs out of fuel you'll fall right out of the sky. Nobody would want to be so reliant on a vehicle where you can't survive without fuel.

Assuming it's not a scenario where we (willingly) replace entire, healthy systems, limbs for the "cool" factor, why not? Anything "nano", that can enhance the blood (increased oxygen yield), musculature, bone density, eye sight correction, tissue regeneration, nail/hair/teeth growth, disease battling

Things that restore our humanity, not replace it

>I don't see it going any further than that
Are you some kind of baka ass nigga?

we will eventually create entire bionic bodies that feel and function like the ones we already have. only they will be immune from disease and degradation.

>he doesn't know about the singularity

Is this supposed to rustle me in some way? Fuck off.

>highly advanced robotic arms
>eight presets with one motion each.
Prosthetic arms are sad. I'd still prefer one over the Krugenburg procedure, but only for aesthetic reasons. It's still less functional.
And I'm sure they'll get better, but they won't be able to replace the function of a real arm. At least not during the next century.

"There is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy will ever be obtainable. It would mean that the atom would have to be shattered at will." – Albert Einstein, 1932

"This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us." – Western Union internal memo, 1876

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." – Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

"The horse is here to stay but the automobile is only a novelty—a fad." – -The president of the Michigan Savings Bank advising Henry Ford's lawyer not to invest in the Ford Motor Co., 1903

"There will never be a bigger plane built." – – A Boeing engineer, after the first flight of the 247, a twin engine plane that holds ten people

It's definitely interesting to think about these things. Still, the current bionic prosthetics are not nearly as "intricate"/fascinating as the human hand
As long as the technology doesn't deviate from the human body too much. Printing organs is a good step forward

And your "eventually" is a pretty far one

>To be fair. It works decently. A below-the-knee amputation is not the end of the world. But it is >not as good as a normal leg. It might be, some day. But it will never be so good that people would want to maim themselves to get a prosthetic
>never be so good
Damn you are one stupid mother fucker.

scientificamerican.com/article/scientists-debate-oscar-pistorius-prosthetic-legs-disqualify-him-olympics/

and that's with shitty modern tech. The future holds the promise of massive improvements especially as people, mainly American Soldiers, are surviving what would previously have been deadly injuries and amputations.

Airplanes are useful to everyone. It had massive potential as a mode of transportation, and there was a lot of incentive to develop them further.
At least until they reached a certain level of safety, efficiency and speed. The Boeing 707 was in service for more than half a century, because it fulfilled all the needs of the commercial airlines.
There is still incremental change, but nowhere near what they managed to do in the beginning. Because there isn't any need for it.

Very few people need prosthetic hands. Human hands do everything that humans need to do. Exoskeletons might be advantageous enough to warrant investment. But not prosthetic hands.

>eight presets with one motion each.
you should always look at the state of the art to truly understand our scientific progress as a species
youtube.com/watch?v=sk1NkWl_W2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=9NOncx2jU0Q

and by the way, "human augmentation" means anything that will improve the human body and mind, it isn't just about prosthetics or bionic eyes or stuff like that

death and dying is the biggest market of all. this is a field that can rectify that.

>you realise technology is constantly improving right?

>Is this supposed to rustle me in some way? Fuck off.

This is an abstract kind of stupidity one firmly rooted in denial and in an irreconcilable world view.

Well. I'm in the company of very intelligent men, then.

But this is very different from all of those things. It requires you to destroy your body to use the technology. It does not create anything new. Right now it aims to replace already existing functionality. And it's doing a horrible job of it.

And? Are people voluntarily chopping their legs of to get springs attached to them?
No... because they're shit compared to a normal leg. So you consume less energy when running. What use is that when you can't operate a car or even stand on a fucking incline?

>in the future, bums will kill the rich with broken microwaves for their robot legs

you sir have won the stupid award of the day

Dude. You haven't made a single counterpoint. You've just called me stupid a bunch of times and then supported your claim with the statement that "technology keeps improving, bro".

I am aware that technology keeps improving. But I don't think anybody here is able to predict in which ways that will happen. And I personally don't base my predictions on having played Deus Ex once, like you seem to do.

Our population is getting older and older are you not seeing this. Not only have missed the mark, but your shooting in the opposite direction. This isn't a small niche market. It's the ultimate market.

The norwy has a point, though.

If we are talking about military, medic and (maybe) sports market then yes, this technology is gonna be hell of useful.

But for normal people? Just imagine how akward would be something as simple as sex with this kind of robotic shit attached to your body. How are you going to properly feel a good tits or ass. How would want someone in the world to be touched by non-biologic members?

And whar are you going to do anyways? Run faster, be stronger? for what?

You're talking to multiple people. Plenty of which have offered counter points. Respond to them.

>Just imagine how akward would be something as simple as sex with this kind of robotic shit attached to your body. How are you going to properly feel a good tits or ass. How would want someone in the world to be touched by non-biologic members?
They simply don't have to stay that way.

>And whar are you going to do anyways? Run faster, be stronger? for what?
I'd imagine that many people like the user said wouldn't get one unless they were old and just figured my legs don't work might as well get a new one. Culturally a lot of people think it's cool and augmentation sounds a lot better than amputation. It might catch on like plastic surgery has. People wanting to be more powerful. Soldiers will get them and there's no shortage of wars. Martial culture is becoming normalized in the U.S. as we've become a country constantly at war and people look to the Military as sort of a cultural staple. That might influence the public as well.

I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS.

Actually to be specific augmentation is anti-evolution

That's retarded. Adaptation is evolution.

evolution is natural not artificial

the person that replaced their limbs is the same as one that did not, there is no "evolution" going on here

is wearing glasses evolution

it is not "retarded"

>evolution is natural not artificial
bull-fucking-shit
evolution is nothing but adaptation for survival
we become more and more intelligent year after year, improving our technology
that's evolution

we are not much more intelligent
we just have more technology
material comfort is not evolution

2 words: waifu age

This nigger gets it

>Nobody wants to be so reliant on a gadget
Nobody wants to be so reliant on an easily damaged piece of meat either.
2bh we should work on ascending to the state of superior energy-based lifeforms. Or go step further and become sentient antimatter.

I think the norwegian guy is kindda right, few people would want to replace perfectly healty, functional limbs, unless you're a military commando or some shit.

Human augmentation is much more than just mechanical, as this guy said. Maybe there'll be implants to improve brain functions, or store memory.