Convince me not to buy new macbook pro 13' (witout touch bar)

convince me not to buy new macbook pro 13' (witout touch bar)

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

- Overpriced
- CEO is gay
- Spyware

>(witout touch bar)

I will convince you:
It's a shitty downgrade of the 2015 model at a higher price. Worse in literally every way.

Either go 2015 or go touchbar.

>poorfag
>nothing to do with the product
>lol wut

If you're gonna troll, at least put some effort into it.

The keyboard is legitimately a pile of AIDS, and I really suggest you try one out in person before committing to buy. It's just.. wrong.

only thing attacting me is good screen and how portable it is. i'm using arch with a toshiba laptop now, because of my job it's wouldn't be a trouble to switch macOS. but when it comes to thinkpads i just can't trust...

You could get a much better laptop with windows for the same price.

>is on Sup Forums but still think apple is good.
>call everyone who opose him poor fag
>still hasn't killed himself yet
slit your wrist longway and go to sleep.

wait a year. they will put better processors, start it at a lower price and maybe add another port on the other side. then that would make it perfect

But 2015 doesn't have space gray

I have to use one at work 5 days a week. The blueooth stack is buggy as fuck. Unless you have tiny hands, the magic mouse will almost certainly cause wrist pain after extended use. The drivers which handle USB mouses are broken AF. The window manager is a buggy piece of shit. You can't cmd-tab to a minimized application (well, you can, but it won't bring the window to the foreground. It will leave it minimized). Continues to pester you about updates even when you have automatic updates disabled (it'll give you a popup notification which goes in front of your active window and does not disappear unless you click on it, which brings opens the apple store). The screen is shiny, creating several times as much glare as any other laptop screen on the market.

I really could go on. Honestly, the only thing they did right was the mousepad and the aluminum body.

Outdated hardware, soldered 16GB max of RAM, gimmick bar, for fags

This is the correct answer. 2015 rMBP is god-tier, 2016 they fucked it up in every possible way except for faster storage.

I don't know if you're full of shit or just the unluckiest guy ever.....either way I feel bad for you.

Get one with the touch bar, how are other people at Starbucks supposed to know that it's the 2016 model otherwise?

>bluetooth stack
user isn't kidding about this

>pair bluetooth headphones to macbook
>put laptop in sleep mode
>laptop continues to connect to and disconnect from headphones every 10 minutes even while in sleep mode
>tfw I hear "Phone 2 connected" followed by "Phone 2 disconnected" interrupting the music on my phone.
>decide to tell OSX to disconnect from my headphones every time before I put it to sleep
>now every time it wakes from sleep it reconnects to my bluetooth headphones automatically, pausing the music on my phone

another one
>Need to join a conference call at work
>Enter the audio input settings and switch it to use my bluetooth headphones for audio input
>Audio settings window freezes
>Unable to manipulate the settings window
>Unable to interact with the OSX panel
>Restart macbook
>Problem continues to persist after reboot
>No way to change the settings back without command line hacks

Seriously the worst OS I've ever had to use.

My friend got it and I actually got sad when my thinkpad had worse battery life than it, worse screen, no tb3 port.
Also yup he is happy with it so buy it user

You definitely should. Typing from my new 15.4" right now. Absolutely love it. Don't listen to the hideous jealous poorfag losers that shit on it. It's a wonderful laptop. Objectively the best of all time.

Fuck off faggot shitskin pajeet.

this

>convince me not to buy new macbook pro 13'
First convince yourself to buy one

if you do that you're gonna be the owner of a macbook

This is the most normie post I've ever read on Sup Forums

>uses the word "normie"
>thinks having a job makes you a pleb
How does it feel to be 12 years old?

These are serious problems with the bluetooth stack on OSX. Just because you are tech illiterate does not negate this fact.

The non-touchbar models are gimped and the 13-inch model is gimped as it is. Get the 15-inch model.

>Two thunderbolt 3 ports
>no sd card slot

For me thats a very deal breaker as a video editor because it makes a pain in the ass to put any accessories when travelling. And i use macbook only for that

>Use USB ergonomic mouse because magic mouse causes daily wrist pain
>Every time laptop wakes from sleep the mouse has to be unplugged and plugged back in before it will register clicks

>Use USB ergonomic keyboard because mac usb keyboard is tiny, flat, and causes wrist pain.
>Keyboard regularly has to be unplugged and plugged back in at seemingly random times when it stops registering key presses

I've never used an operating system with such shitty generic drivers in my life. Don't even get me started on gamepads... On Linux these are not problems. The generic drivers on Linux just work 99% of the time.

You can access the same cuckold websites on a windows or ubunto laptop by Dell or any other manufacturer.
But if you need advertise your fetish than by all means get a macbook

>gimped
explain

Before you do, look at

>Either go 2015 or go touchbar
The touch shit is IMHO the worst part of it (usability wise, the soldered-on SSD sucks too).

get a 2012 model instead

>Use Macbook daily only when at work
>Closing it and putting it in my laptop bag to take home causes keys to scratch the screen
>search around and find countless posts/images of people having the same problem

>no tb3 port
Why is that even relevant again? For connecting of shoddy 5K screen that can freeze your notebook because it is badly shielded from wifi interference? Just buy a proper LCD.

There is no way in fuck that is caused by the keyboard.

You're a retard. Stop eating KFC and touching your laptop with your greasy fingers, you disgusting fat fuck.

I am strict vegan and I also don't eat anything containing cooking oil. That is not grease or oil. That is damage to the screen caused by coming into contact with the keyboard. Mine isn't as bad as that picture, but this is a serious problem and there have been countless macbooks affected by it. This problem has even has a term associated with it "stain-gate"

15-inch model has quad-core CPUs. 13-inch has dual-core.

15-inch model has four USB-C ports. 13-inch with touchbar has four, where two of them are not full sleep. The non-touchbar model has only the two.

15-inch model has a discrete GPU. 13-inch models don't.

Etc.

me again.

I also want to point out that I don't even touch the laptop other than to close it and put it away or to pull it out of my laptop bag to open it. It sits on a stand made specifically for that purpose and is connected to USB peripherals which I use exclusively.

Confirmed. Apple is garbage tier. Applefags don't realise because Apple keeps this shit out of the press or by outright denial of a problem and call it "isolated". Remember, "you're holding it wrong?" Yeah, that soon became, "well it happens to everyone else too!"

Literal garbage.

Are you too poor to replace a keyboard? Applefags have shitloads of money they don't know where to spend.

I don't waste money on inferior, fashion accessory garbage. I have two homes. Come at me.

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving files around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?