Are there benchmarks of Ryzen running 3200 mhz ram at 2+2 and 4+0 mode being compared to the 7700k?

Are there benchmarks of Ryzen running 3200 mhz ram at 2+2 and 4+0 mode being compared to the 7700k?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128991
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232205
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232194
thetechaltar.com/amd-ryzen-1800x-performance/2/
youtube.com/watch?v=Rhj6CvBnwNk&t=47s
youtube.com/watch?v=RZS2XHcQdqA&t=172s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>3200 mhz ram
You would need a $300+ motherboard for that but why would you even think of coupling the low end Ryzens with such expensive boards?

Im looking to buy Ryzen to have basically a second cpu for multitasking. Im wondering how it would work out to have one CCX handling gaymes while the other CCX does other stuff in the background.

Why wouldnt the 200 dollar mobos work?

my ram is at 3200
Architecture: x86_64
CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order: Little Endian
CPU(s): 16
On-line CPU(s) list: 0-15
Thread(s) per core: 2
Core(s) per socket: 8
Socket(s): 1
NUMA node(s): 1
Vendor ID: AuthenticAMD
CPU family: 23
Model: 1
Model name: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core Processor
Stepping: 1
CPU MHz: 2200.000
CPU max MHz: 3800.0000
CPU min MHz: 2200.0000
BogoMIPS: 7586.17
Virtualization: AMD-V
L1d cache: 32K
L1i cache: 64K
L2 cache: 512K

there were some early benchmarks saying it was about on par and looking really good for the r5 and the r3's

I run loonix what benchmark do you want me to run?

idk how to turn off cores either

He's talking shit. Most B350 mobos can handle at least 3000MHz ram already, 3200MHz probably soon with further bios updates. And they're also dirt cheap considering they allow overclocking.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128991

literally only downfall to B350 is not being able to have full SLI speed or whatever

but I'm a 1gpu man so I don't consider that a downfall (I do have asus ROG though)

i bought the MSI B350 Pro Gaming for 93€ and i consider myself a no compromise gamer

can't wait to hammer a 1600X on it, coming from a xeon 123v3

SLI is a scam so it's not really a big loss

You can turn off cores in the BIOS.

What games do you have that you can benchmark?

>$300+ motherboard for that
no, 3200 is normal for all b350 boards now

I figured that much just haven't looked where to turn them off

they'd be linux benches

>why would you even think of coupling the low end Ryzens with such expensive boards?

I'm going to put 1600x in taichi+highest clocked RAM I can find, and upgrade to 8core zen+ next year.

>You would need a $300+ motherboard for that
Why did you time travel from a month ago just to post this?

>highest clocked RAM I can find

what you want is 3200mhz/CL14 or 3600/CL16 G.Skill mem so you get the good samsung b-die. i'm thinking about doing the 3600/CL16 and clocking it to 3200mhz/CL14 (or lower CAS) so I have wiggle room in the future for when BIOS stability improved.

i just really wish the X370 platform had quad channel

Is 3000mhz/CL16 or 3200mhz/CL16 a no go?

well that's not the "highest clock" or "best" ram
you'd maybe be able to get 15CL 3200mhz from it

it has to be 3200mhz/CL14 or 3600mhz/CL16 to be guaranteed samsung b-die from g.skill. otherwise you'll get trash Hynix memory or worse

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232205 (3200)
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232194 (3600)

4200mhz ram it is

So if one needs a cpu for streaming/gaming/editing, what should he gets? Ryzen 5 or i5?

Are the Gigabyte b350 mobos ok?

What gpu would u pair the r5 with?

You shills are earning your pay check.

ryzen 1600/x

VEGA

This is the closest thing I found

Seems like fixes to the load balancing are getting there, but still one CCX is still superior.
Raven Ridge will be great.

thetechaltar.com/amd-ryzen-1800x-performance/2/

Just run the heaviest/most CPU intensive stuff you have in 2+2 mode i guess. Set resolution to 720p so you dont have any GPU bottlenecks.

Not a huge difference anymore, thank fuck someone got the BIOSes in order.
Mostly

Is this run with 3200mhz mode? Im basically wondering how 4 ryzen cores running at their best compare to 4 kaby lake cores at 5ghz

i'll consider the BIOSes pretty solid once you can have all 4 RAM slots populated at 3200mhz at least

>3200 mhz mode

Scrap the mode there, kek

per the first page, looks like all of the test platforms are running at 3000mhz

It's 3000MHz, which shouldn't be much more than 2-3% difference.

Also someone's got 3600MHz running on Ryzen, I can hardly call 3200 "at its best"

>Divison 20% slower

Another to add to the pile of shitty coded garbage together with Fallout4?

This is getting pretty hard to decide on. 4 core ryzen seems to significantly lag behind 4 core kaby lake (afaik 7700k hit over 100 on all of those tests), so multitasking wise im effectively only getting 2 more cores to work with if i want to come close to 7700k performance in games.

Would it be a good idea to get the 7700k now and upgrade to Zen+ next year? Im thinking by then they would have fixed the issues we have today and the clockspeeds would be closer to Intel

>Would it be a good idea to get the 7700k now and upgrade to Zen+ next year?

I mean, if gaming is your primary goal then by all means. I think it's silly to invest in a dead platform, I think the performance differences are marginal enough to just buy Ryzen outright. You'd have a smoother gaming experience with Ryzen with higher minimums and it'll only get better. Then you can just upgrade solely the processor to Zen+ next year.

>would it be a good idea to get the 7700k now and upgrade to Zen+ next year?

No.

I don't understand why people would seriously buy anything AMD has to release.
The cost of their CPU and mobo is so shit and they deliver nothing.

?
Outside of Fallout, Hitman , DIRT and GTA, they seem to trade blows.
Higher clocked memory will only shorten the gap, plus that 6ns DRAM latency decrease AGESA update still isn't out yet, which should really help in exactly those games where DRAM latency is critical.

it's weird to come into a thread filled with actual data and then say stupid shit like this my man

>7700k
new socket every year.
>Zen+
no new socket every year.

GTA and Hitman are much smaller now, probably windows update
FO4 is directly RAM speed dependent

FO4 is just shit, period, even testing the same area and moving in the same way can show much different results on the same hardware.

FO4 is literally potato.

>microcode updates that lower memory latency

This was really a rushed launch, by the time Pinnacle Ridge launches, Summit Ridge will probably be faster by 10% across the board.

It's true though. You literally need a $200 ram to guarantee Ryzen runs properly on higher memory speeds thanks to the platform's atrocious overall compatibility.

I don't understand WHY they rushed it out either. They only had the R7 series ready and BIOSes were immature to the point of being broken. Why not wait a month and release it alongside the R5 chips? Even when AMD have an amazing product, they seem to do the best they can to shoot themselves in the foot.

For the last 5 weeks I've been saying that this launch is mass validation for Naples

youtube.com/watch?v=Rhj6CvBnwNk&t=47s

Thats in 8 core mode though, i was talking about 4 core ryzen vs 4 core i7

I wanted ryzen to be able to have 4 cores work on games than the rest be available to do other shit on another monitor, but it seems like 4 core ryzen gets blown away by the 7700k. It seems like you neer at least 6 ryzen cores to even come close to the 7700k's performance.

I also have a significant backlog in games, and im not sure how well Ryzen would run on older games since theyre not optimized that well. Im shooting for a stable 120fps at all games preferably (am getting a 1080 ti so the CPU will be the bottleneck).

Fixing bugs is part of the debug process, finding bugs is another part, that's where the market comes in.
AMD doesn't have enough validation engineers to make everything picture perfect, unless they wanted to wait until 2018.

> running ddr4 above 2133 MHz

Holy shit user, the 4 core Ryzens are $150 and max out at 4.0GHz, even with its very close IPC, there's no fucking way it can reach the performance of a 5.0GHz kabylake, that's a 25% higher clock at 5-6% lower IPC!

That's utter bullshit though, no matter how many times you say it. The CL14 Samsung B-die kits are no more expensive than any other 3200MHz kit.

I absolutely refuse to believe that they didn't know these huge memory problems existed and were crippling performance. Because it's clearly not true, unless they literally didn't try booting up their own CPU with anything above 2133MHz RAM, ever.

this is 3600mhz

youtube.com/watch?v=RZS2XHcQdqA&t=172s

Why would that show a difference in 4+0 mode? The main benefit of overclocking memory in Ryzen systems is that it by definition overclocks the infinity fabric as well.

Also, even the initial benchmarks when Ryzen first appeared show almost no difference whether you were disabling CCXs or not, so stop getting your hopes up that some major performance shift is going to happen by doing that.

They knew, but as you've obviously seem mobo vendors were slacking, pushing the bugged boards out made the buyers angry and ASUS/MSI/etc will much sooner respond to them than AMD's small budget.

I know dude, thats my point, but i didnt think that they would get btfo this badly, i was just looking for performance within 10%-15%of the 7700k. Usually 1% of clock speed increase doesnt scale directly to 1% of extra fps in games.

See
There's a difference, but no real big difference.

>$170 vs $130
>not more expensive
>"compatible" ram actually is more expensive than a shitty R5 itself

Ryzen is well within 10% of the 7700k.

Why not get the 6 core then? It'll be within 5-10% of the 8 core in games, and it's still cheaper than a 7700k.

The 4 core Ryzens are for people looking for Pentiums and i3's, why even consider them with their clocks that low for something like gaming that lives and dies on clockspeed?

Actually.. if XFR on the R5 can push 4.1 on 3 or more cores, same TDP, less cores, (it can rarely do two cores on 4.1 on the R7), then I think it might actually be quite comparable to a R7 in gaming.
It'll get trounced in anything multithreaded though.

Please read the convo, i want Ryzen to have 4 cores working on games and the rest on other shit on another monitor. Thats why im interested in 4 core performance of Ryzen. If im getting ryzen im getting an 8 core ryzen

You are the biggest kike-puppet on this board, RAM issues have been fixed on all B350 boards or weren't even an issue to begin with.

t. someone who ran a 3200 MHz XMP profile out of the box on a B350 board

>"compatible" ram actually is more expensive than a shitty R5 itself
>fags believe this
How much ram are you buying?

Same here. Skylake X would be perfect for this but i cant wait any longer.

I do not want to overclcock my rig, I am seriously thinking of sending the cpu and motherboard back and buying an i7 7700k rig. I am not an engineer nor did I pay 1300 Canadian dollars to beta test a platform that AMD rushed out the door before it was ready!

Dude if ocing is your problem with, its extremely easy to fix. there are cookie cutter setups out there. Try 1.35v at 4ghz, that should work for everyone. If it crashes, gradually increase voltage until it doesnt. Dont go over 1.4v . Thats all there is to it broseph.

Get the 7700k, Ryzen has too many problems now