/spg/ - Smartphone General - Aesthetic Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ hands-on
anandtech.com/show/11225/samsung-galaxy-s8-hands-on

Xiaomi Mi 6 leaked photos appear, it looks beautiful!
gizchina.com/2017/03/31/xiaomi-mi-6-leaked-photos-appear-looks-beautiful/

The Verge: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look!
[YouTube] Samsung Galaxy S8 first look! (embed)

Samsung Galaxy S8 Hands On: The Infinity Phone
[YouTube] Samsung Galaxy S8 Hands On: The Infinity Phone (embed)

Samsung Galaxy S8 (with Exynos 8895) benchmarked
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s8_with_exynos_8895_benchmarked-news-24283.php

Why didn’t Samsung upgrade the main camera on the S8?
theverge.com/2017/3/30/15121380/samsung-galaxy-s8-camera-specs-megapixels

Sapphire Blue Moto G5 goes on sale in UK
gsmarena.com/sapphire_blue_moto_g5_goes_on_sale_in_uk-news-24306.php

Brace yourselves for April 1st 'tech news'
xda-developers.com/oneplus-announces-highly-limited-dash-energy-drink-coming-this-april-1st/

old

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a7_2017-review-1592.php
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_4_snapdragon-review-1593.php
phonearena.com/news/BlackBerry-KEYone-market-release-delayed-now-shipping-after-May_id92641
phonearena.com/news/Specs-and-another-new-render-leak-for-the-Moto-X-2017_id92660
phonearena.com/news/Alleged-renders-of-the-HTC-U-come-to-light_id92656
xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8-faults/
androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s8-colors-759864/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_Note_7#Battery_faults
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/03/class-action-lawsuit-targets-lg-over-legendary-g4-v10-bootloop-issues/
frequencycheck.com/countries/australia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Currently rocking Pic Related

Huawei P9 Lite 2017

Also Known as

>Huawei P9 Lite 2016
Also Known as
>Honor 8 Lite
Also Known as
>Huawei Nova Lite (Not even kidding

Honestly its breddy good, got it for dirty cheap ($80)

give me some advice anons, should I bit the bullet for s8+ or hold off to see what other manufactures try out muh small bezels or the note 8.

Should i wait for the Xperia XZs or just buy a XZ thats out currently? i dont really care about cameras all that much on phones

The S8 looks REALLY good and this is coming from someone who has never liked samsgung's designs but god their software is a fucking horrendous piece of shit

unless you install stock or something stay away

Third time we have the same OP? At least pretend to put some effort into it.

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) review
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a7_2017-review-1592.php

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (S625) review
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_4_snapdragon-review-1593.php

BlackBerry KEYone market release delayed, now shipping after May
phonearena.com/news/BlackBerry-KEYone-market-release-delayed-now-shipping-after-May_id92641

Specs and another new render leak for the Moto X (2017)
phonearena.com/news/Specs-and-another-new-render-leak-for-the-Moto-X-2017_id92660

Alleged renders of the HTC U come to light
phonearena.com/news/Alleged-renders-of-the-HTC-U-come-to-light_id92656

Just a Few Annoying Decisions Keep the Galaxy S8 and S8+ From Hardware Bliss
xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8-faults/

Surprising absolutely no one, Windows Phone is still a meme OS user shills his Axon 7; doesn't realise the OP3T is the current GOAT /csg/ shill is being a retard The Note 4 only has pajeet ROMs Anons complain about the size of current phones for the nth time old

ive used touchwizz before never been a fan and usually covered shit up with a custom launcher so I could keep some of the shit in. just fuck man that design makes me tingle a bit

>Only good manufacturers are Samsung and LG
>Both lock their phones down
>Both have horrible bloated interfaces
>Both force their retarded, unwanted, brand specific bloatware bullshit apps onto the phone you cant remove
Why.

touchjizz was a peak terrible with the GS5, then since the GN4/E it's slowly gotten better, and less laggy, but most of the improvements have been on exynos galaxy devices, so tough luck US with your SD powered galaxy's.

Should I just get a x compact? I somewhat believe that there will be no new small smartphones coming to the market anytime soon. And it's quite cheap right now.

Mi6 when?

What are android features that are not available on ios?
Believe it or not, I've never used either. (Nokia 5130>Lumia 520>640)
MS won't release surface phone, so I'm planning to jump ship this year.
I'm leaning towards iphone due to security/privacy, but I'm concerned that it may be /too/ locked up.
What are the features other than visual customization and shit that ios is fundamentally missing?

it is literally easier to type on an on screen keyboard than it is to type on a BB physical keyboard

You don't have a Sup Forums app on iOS. Unless you sideload it via xcode or some shit like that.

I'm leaning grey. Black is kind of bleh and silver only belongs on metal.

t. /fa/ggot

What are the best homescreen/weather widget apps?

Sideloading apps. Some types of apps are never approved by Apple and thus you can't use them without jailbreaking, which they also are constantly patching out.

Emulators, ad blockers, Sup Forums, plenty of other stuff is all prohibited. Also no USB-OTG.

>bezels
>aesthetic
>current year of our lord and saviour Jesus Christ
"no"

Sideloading was introduced in iOS 9.

I bought a lenovo k6, did i do good?

lol

Did I do good?

>Last up is the new color, Orchid Gray. Describing this color in words or even in photos is a little difficult, because it constantly shifts depending on the lighting conditions. At times almost identical to Coral Blue, at others a dark gunmetal gray and sometimes very similar to Arctic Silver. No matter which way the color skews though, there’s always a subtle lilac undertone that’s really lovely on the eye.
>The Orchid Gray S8 is easily the most exciting option. The metal edges of the phone are a straight silver color, but despite having black bezels on the front, silver metal edges and a shapeshifting mauve back panel, the phone never feels like a mishmash. It’s my favorite color by far, not only for the S8 range, but possibly for the entire Galaxy S series. It brings just the right about of sex appeal to an otherwise unassuming color.
androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s8-colors-759864/

however, colors are best judged in real life. best buy under artificial industrial lightning doesn't count either.

I actually like the looks don't know about the hardware.

Why? It's kinda old now, no?

I'd have paid a bit more for a zuk z2, unless you really need the microSD slot.

Also, make sure you put a screen protector on asap. It's got a plastic screen, if I remember correctly.

here
Whoops, I was thinking k3. Though I still dunno why you'd get the k6 over the z2. Same price for far less capability.

The Zuk wasnt available and i really like the desing of the k6

>decides to get a lenovo
>doesn't buy the Z2

lad

>makes new thread
>doesn't post link in the old one

>Only good manufacturers are Samsung and LG
>Samsung and LG
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_Note_7#Battery_faults

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/03/class-action-lawsuit-targets-lg-over-legendary-g4-v10-bootloop-issues/

No question, they both have glaring faults... But what other major brand is putting out great phones? HTC is kinda dead in the water and Sony's stuff hardly comes out on this side of the world. Motorola and Lenovo are both the same, and both substandard for the past 5 years. Blackberry is totally irrelevant... It's kinda a 2 horse race on the android side.

Galaxy S6 SM-G920V 64GB

$185

opinions? yes the battery is typically garbage, but I'll be using either a battery case or have my anker on hand for recharge.

Im letting you know the cia installs backdoors in the apple manufacturing plants. Don't do it

Wanna buy new phone by end of year. Thinking of Nokia 6.

When is this comming out?

May is what I keep hearing

What is a good phone with a 4 inch screen, removable battery and micro SD expansion slot these days?

How is the ROM scene on Xperia phones in recent years?

Doesn't exist. Get a iPhone SE.

Doesn't exist, kys manlet

LG v20 or S7e.

Trying to decide which is better in the hand.

is the call quality on the op3t horrible as usual

What's a good mail client that's not a botnet?

Shit SoC. Should've at least put a 625 or 615 in that.

Weather Timeline

>when you're a mobile tech channel and need sponsors

maybe k-9

but give it up pham, everything is a botnet now. you're hiking up a rising drawbridge.

naked galaxy s8 will be a fingerprint magnet.
skins are legit to counter that.
but don't go for childish patterns.

Or you could get a clear case.

Do you think that upgrading from a galaxy s5 to a oneplus 3t is worth it?

What are some flagship tier phones that you can feel comfortable not using a case?

Im getting both since i could only pre order the black colour and I didn't like it.

Was considering buying a Redmi Note 4X but apparently the process of unlocking the bootloader on newer Xiaomi handsets is a pain in the ass and not always possible.

Particularly read about a "10008 API error" on particular handsets (including Note 4X).

Is this true? Anyone have experience with this. I have no interest in using MIUI and would only buy the phone if I could flash a different ROM (There seem to be many available).

Do you guys really think using a case/bumper is a legit thing to do?

I've personally never used a case or anything like it. Using one makes you look like a child. Who the fuck drops their phone.

Dropped my current phone only a handful times and that's because I'm a raging alcoholic. Regardless, phone looks flawless.

yeah, for resale value if nothing else.

I used Magpul cases on my iphones and galaxy phones. $10 and helps add some traction to the phone.

I preordered. Figured I could sell it with all the discounted shit they throw in an not lose any money if I don't like it. S8+, 256gb micro sd, AKG bluetooth headphones, Oculus VR headset and remote. 1k dollarydoos.

What is that phone in the OP pic?

Show a better phone under $200 with proper warranty in your country

I literally paid $80 for that (+8 euro a month for calls)

I'm in the US and have 800 to spend on phone I really only use it for social media and browsing Sup Forums but would like to be able to rice. What's the best phone I can buy.?

OP3T

>chinese design
NOPE

>social media and browsing Sup Forums
A $200 phone will do that just fine. Get a Moto G5+.

B-but aside of iPhone almost every phone is chinese designed

I have a Nexus 5x.

How do i enable that thing where you pull up on home screen for the apps? Or is that just for the newer phones

Sorry I'm retarded

Pixel launcher or Nova launcher

I left out that I watch a lot of movies that I stream off my media server idk if that would change anything.

Pixel launcher not compatible with my device and Nova launcher yeah but it makes the icons retarded small unless you pay

Just fuck this smartphones are complete bullshit cya guys

note 4 or galaxy S5?

best chink phone that works in the us under $200

Is the "normalize icon size" option (inside look and feel) grayed out? That's what makes the icons so small. Adjusting the size is a separate feature that is paid.

Le Max 2

Whatever happened to Jolla?

I think that option only scales down icons that are too large. Doesn't do anything for me :/

Thanks anyway chief

Download the apk retard

Passport or classic? Also, can you buy either of these new still?

Yes and passport is legit a great device

Which s8 color is the best one in your opinion guys? Also, do we know if the phones off of samsung's website use exynos or the regular snap dragon?

US gets the Snapdragon, rest of the world gets the Exynos

Still can't comprehend why on earth they do that.

Every since getting my pixel I have absolutely no desire to get any other phone. Yeah the Galaxy s8 is beautiful but it runs Samsung's crap and it ruins the experience. I'm only buying stock Android from now on.

>runs Samsung's crap and it ruins the experience
having used 2.2.1, 4.0, 4.2.1, 4.4.4, 5.1 and now 6.0.1, in my opinion stock marshmallow looks like shit.

what samsung did with touchwiz is pretty good.

Are you implying that Android phones don't have CIA backdoors?

>Touchjizz
>Not garbage
Samsung PR has infiltrated us

On the off chance you will still read this:
Yes.
Posting this from my Xperia Z3 compact, which has the same specs as a Galaxy S5, is waterproof and pretty small.
Android 6.0, Apps run fluent, good quality materials.
It's just very massive, I personally liked my SII a lot for being lightweight and the OLED Screen

any Sony Xperia Z compact. I mean they are heavy as fuck but still the smallest phones with futureproof specs IMO

Klwp

Should I buy the S8 and deal with shit battery and touchjizzle?

Or should wait for the pixel 2 possible disappointment?

Help me out Kwang and jewgle.

Oneplus 3T

No one asked you Chang

Pixel 2. Every phone this year is going bezeless

Real quick,

LG V20 or Oneplus 3T?

Ausfag here. Been lurking in these threads these past few days and have learnt quite a bit. My iPhone 5 is finally dying and I'm looking at a cheap replacement. All I need is something for social media, shitposting and occasional youtube. I also carry a Sony a6000 with me for photos and connect to my phone to upload shit on insta/fb when I need to - however a phone with a semi-decent camera would be a welcome bonus for days I don't feel like taking my reg camera.

Narrowed it down to a Moto G4 Plus, Xperia Z3 (compact too perhaps?) and oneplus 2. Will I fuck up with any of these phones? Better alternatives out there?

Redmi Note 4X or Nextbit Robin.
Oneplus 2 is good, Xperia Z3 is good but Google is stopping devices with SD801's from getting official Nougat. You can't use a custom ROM with a Z3 without breaking the camera quality.

Can you even get a chink phone in Aus? I can't even find OP3T

Thanks mate, looking into that now.

I think I'm about to fall for the Xiaomeme.
There's a fuck ton of models though and all their names are similar and not indicative of their range at all.

Redmi 4? Redmi 4a? Redmi 3s? Mi 5?

How do they compare to the Moto G4 Play?

I want the one with the best battery life.

Anyone have experience with both the V20 and the G6? I really like the design of the V20 and the fact it's aluminum but it's $100+ more than the G6 which is the newer of the two phones. Could anyone chime in onto why the V20 cost so much more than the G6? I still really want a V20 but I'm finding it hard to justify $100 extra dollars just for a nicer design.

Look on ebay if you want to use Paypal or check aliexpress if you don't care.

Use frequencycheck.com/countries/australia to see if the handset you're looking at will work with whatever carrier you're with. Nextbit you'll have to buy from the USA if you want it sub-$250AUD. Redmeme Note 4X is ~$240AUD.